British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Ben Barker V Tai Woffinden

There will always be exceptions but I bet most riders would change clubs for the right money. That said, it's always nice to see the likes of Cam Woodward spend all there EL career with a single club. Same with Freddie, Bjarne and Bomber having only ever ridden full time EL for 1 EL club too. I'll even include Leigh Adams in the list. There's not many riders with 5+ years experience in the EL that can claim that. I'm sure there are 1 or 2 others would have left clubs because they were not wanted/fitted in rather than by choice in fairness.

I guess we are lucky at Wolves in that we have had a long list of riders who have been loyal to the club and only ever rode elsewhere when they simply could not be fitted in at the club.

Ermolenko, Correy, PK, Mikael Karlsson/Max, Adam Skornicki, Lindgren to name a few of the obvious ones. From speaking to some of the current team, first and foremost they want to be back at Wolves next year.

He's done 5 years at Swindon and the only reason he moved from there was because Swindon went PL. By current day standards, he's been pretty loyal to Swindon. I'm not claiming he's been loyal to all his clubs but if heart was at Swindon, why would he remain loyal to Kings Lynn, Poole and Oxford.

Leigh Adams is loyal to ££££££££££££££

then what would you call Ryan Sullivan??????????

Flyin' Ryan? !!! :rolleyes:

My honest reply would almost certainly be against forum rules.

Can't really be said of Adams as he has had a few different clubs.

True but i think if Swindon had stayed El i Expect he would have stayed there . After all he has been very Loyal to his clubs in Sweden and Poland .

Edited by orion

He's done 5 years at Swindon

(1990-92) Swindon

(1997-98) Swindon

(2004-10) Swindon

I make that 12 seasons and 7 in a row since we returned EL in 2004

What a pathetic thing to post as Leigh has lived in Swindon for all of his British career & only rode for the other clubs apart from one season at London when we were in the Premier League.

They all ride for the money but riders like Leigh have been at the top of the tree when it comes to loyalty in Britain, Sweden & Poland so you really couldn't be more wrong in what you posted.

What a pathetic thing to post as Leigh has lived in Swindon for all of his British career & only rode for the other clubs apart from one season at London when we were in the Premier League.

They all ride for the money but riders like Leigh have been at the top of the tree when it comes to loyalty in Britain, Sweden & Poland so you really couldn't be more wrong in what you posted.

I know he has always lived in Swindon , In one of his ,how many houses ?

1...in Liddington I believe. You a tax inspector?

What's it to do with you where and how he lives. Puts his neck on the line every week for 6 months of every year for 20 years for mine and several thousand people's pleasure. I think he can enjoy his retirement.

Edited by theblueboy

:rolleyes:

(1990-92) Swindon

(1997-98) Swindon

(2004-10) Swindon

I make that 12 seasons and 7 in a row since we returned EL in 2004

I was refering back to my previous post when I said, "There's not many riders with 5+ years experience" and it's why I included him in the list despite the fact he has raced for other clubs.

1...in Liddington I believe. You a tax inspector?

What's it to do with you where and how he lives. Puts his neck on the line every week for 6 months of every year for 20 years for mine and several thousand people's pleasure. I think he can enjoy his retirement.

I think he can enjoy his retirement as well . I wish I could have retired at 39. so do most people I should think

I think he can enjoy his retirement as well . I wish I could have retired at 39. so do most people I should think

Most people who do a physically demanding sport retire early.

I was refering back to my previous post when I said, "There's not many riders with 5+ years experience" and it's why I included him in the list despite the fact he has raced for other clubs.

Yup - my mistake.

D