British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Ben Barker V Tai Woffinden

that was what i was trying to say wackie, but i seem to dribble on :)

There's a lot of it about, jayb - hereyago, I'll just lend you me bucket.

Not to mention blaming it on Tai's Australian upbringing.

Always get yer retaliation in first, I reckon.

Isn't it a "right of passage" out there?

Or Woffindens Australian thugness coming to the surface......

Raised my opinion of Woffy, instantly!

Or, perhaps, Ben was jealous that Tai's voice has broken and his hasn't yet lol!

and Tai no doubt didnt appreciate Barker thinking he's a BIG man now coventry won.

As for Tai's outburst if true. You cant blame him. Perth is his hometown and Pinjar his fav track apparently.

Among the more primitive communities, very much so. One of the larger primitive communities being the local constabulary, of course; don't forget we've got one of the best police forces money can buy: don't take my word for it, watch Underbelly and you'll be able to see the price list.

Up in Darwin it is like a tribal ritual or initiation process.

Down in the big smoke or southern cities, it is not so commonly used as a test of credability or a badge of honour, although some outlaw bikie gangs would beg to differ.

Barker is obviously displaying his thug like mentality, but unfortunately for him No one is actually scared of a little trouble maker like him.

Edited by dirt

I think the 'alleged' black eye occurred at Poole in the Play-off final!

If you look at the http://www.coventrymotorspeedway.com/ website photo with the team, he is turning his head so you cant see his face!!!!!

I have spoken to somebody that was there who themselves were a bit offended and annoyed at what Tai was saying after the chances he has been given by saying he is British and as JayB has said that is pretty much what happened Tai said he could not wait to go back to Aussie and said British speedway was rubbish and done nothing for him and he will always be an aussie so Ben told him where to go if didnt want to be called British which Woofy didnt like and scuffle started

I have spoken to somebody that was there who themselves were a bit offended and annoyed at what Tai was saying after the chances he has been given by saying he is British and as JayB has said that is pretty much what happened Tai said he could not wait to go back to Aussie and said British speedway was rubbish and done nothing for him and he will always be an aussie so Ben told him where to go if didnt want to be called British which Woofy didnt like and scuffle started

Looks like Woffinden has talked himself out of ever riding for GB again as no GB mnager worth his slt would pick him again, and will be well down the Aussie pecking order to get into the GP series.

Looks like Woffinden has talked himself out of ever riding for GB again as no GB mnager worth his slt would pick him again, and will be well down the Aussie pecking order to get into the GP series.

he'll still be in the team for the world cup. he'll still race on british license

Who exactly is Woffinden stealing a job from because it certainly isnt Barker. Even if Tai left (and lets hope he dont) there are still riders well ahead if Barker in terms of representing Great Britain.

Barker has always had a jumped up schoolboy attitude and now Coventry have won the league he thinks hes a superstar. Point being Cov won the league DESPITE Barker not because of him and im yet to read someones comments who would miss him if he left.

I suspect Tai may come back to Perth shortly, and wind it on down under. No complaints from me.

Who exactly is Woffinden stealing a job from because it certainly isnt Barker. Even if Tai left (and lets hope he dont) there are still riders well ahead if Barker in terms of representing Great Britain.

Barker has always had a jumped up schoolboy attitude and now Coventry have won the league he thinks hes a superstar. Point being Cov won the league DESPITE Barker not because of him and im yet to read someones comments who would miss him if he left.

Lol i agree "superstar" my arse 6 paid 7 over two legs , does need to do some growing up though & someone needs to have a word with him but who :unsure:

Guess some of you posters were not at the British Semi Sheffield or the Final at Wolves, who beat who?, was Tai at Final NO he did'nt qualify, end of story.

So in Poland Tai is mouthing off about British Speedway and he is a proud Aussie, cant wait to get back there.

Some one who has their heart on the sleeve and wants to ride for GB took exception and there was a scuffle, END OFF.

MOVE ON.

Both have great ability and it needs channeling not critisizing, leave them alone both of them.

Tai has had a bad year and so has Ben, please find something else to chat about.

So Pirate and I states about better talent than Barker, where are you coming from.

Stead how many at British Final, how many in World Cup ?,

Danny King,how many last week in 16 lapper at home track ?,

Tai took on too much this year,

Bridger Bad year and problems, come good at end of year, How many at Eastie and Wolves this week?.

Name how many have BEAT Mr Clean at Swindon this year, the race of the year Barker,

About time you all started supporting the Brits not picking them to pieces,how about writing to SCB and getting a programme going for training the Brits.

How long since Poland had a World Champion, how many years ?.

perhaps that will be a record that GB wil go after, no matter what Rob Lyons can do as manager he needs support from within the sport.

Old Guard, Scotty has he had his day at top level ?. good on a good day GP's dont think so,

Ricco again the same, cant cut the mustard unfortunately.

Who else is there.

Lol i agree "superstar" my arse 6 paid 7 over two legs , does need to do some growing up though & someone needs to have a word with him but who :unsure:

It's comparable to the "superstar" that is Darcy Ward. And yes, Ben was pants in both legs of the play-offs but he face on the parade at Brandon said all it needed to on that performance, he looked gutted. He didn't strop, sulk or swear at the fans though but I do know he made an effort to get things sorted after having already spent a fair bit of money to get some kit for the home leg.

The thing with Ben, love him or hate him you can't fault his desire to win and that he gets upset and annoyed when he doesn't. One thing I have noticed in his 3 years at Brandon is that he has over time started to channel his energy in the right direction when things go wrong and come good on track, rather than lose it and end up making a twit as himself as he did a few times in his early days at Brandon.