British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Ben Barker V Tai Woffinden

How many have beat Mr Clean at Swindon this year ? Well , the hated Richardson, who you say can't cut the mustard, has for a start. He met Leigh at Swindon three times this year and beat him twice. A lot of Swindon fans made posts on the forum praising Rico and saying they wanted him back at Swindon next year. I can't remember many praising Barker in the same way or saying they wanted him at Swindon so your comments about Barker are a bit subjective, to say the least, and not a lot of people would not agree with you.

As for your comments about Scott having had his day, he may be not the rider he once was but the fact is that his 9-point EL average is over 70% better than Barkers 5-point effort, so Barker still has a long way to go. Scott has probabaly forgotten more about racing than Barker knows.

Unpalatable though it may be to some people on the forum, the plain fact is that Richardson and Nicholls, together with Bomber have been far and away the most successful British riders for the best part of a decade. They might not be world champions but their record puts them head and shoulders above any of their contemporaries.

So when the Barkers, Woffindens, Bridgers etc, have actually achieved something comparable to the top three Brits, e.g. World under21 Champion, Podium place in a GP, EL riders Champion, British Champion, or a consistent 8+ average in the EL, then is the time to start crowing about them and telling us how good they are. Anyone who has been following speedway for more than 5 minutes knows there have been loads of riders over the years that looked good at 20 years old but for various reasons don't go on to greater things.

By all means support the young ones but don't tell us they are anything like the standard of the top three because they are not yet. Whether they go on to bigger things still remains to be seen.

Cant disagree with any of that Custer Mouse!

The thing with Ben, love him or hate him you can't fault his desire to win and that he gets upset and annoyed when he doesn't.

Bloody hell he must have a permanent monkhead on then.....wonders if he's ever seen the film 'Anger Management'?!

How many have beat Mr Clean at Swindon this year ? Well , the hated Richardson, who you say can't cut the mustard, has for a start. He met Leigh at Swindon three times this year and beat him twice. A lot of Swindon fans made posts on the forum praising Rico and saying they wanted him back at Swindon next year. I can't remember many praising Barker in the same way or saying they wanted him at Swindon so your comments about Barker are a bit subjective, to say the least, and not a lot of people would not agree with you.

As for your comments about Scott having had his day, he may be not the rider he once was but the fact is that his 9-point EL average is over 70% better than Barkers 5-point effort, so Barker still has a long way to go. Scott has probabaly forgotten more about racing than Barker knows.

Unpalatable though it may be to some people on the forum, the plain fact is that Richardson and Nicholls, together with Bomber have been far and away the most successful British riders for the best part of a decade. They might not be world champions but their record puts them head and shoulders above any of their contemporaries.

So when the Barkers, Woffindens, Bridgers etc, have actually achieved something comparable to the top three Brits, e.g. World under21 Champion, Podium place in a GP, EL riders Champion, British Champion, or a consistent 8+ average in the EL, then is the time to start crowing about them and telling us how good they are. Anyone who has been following speedway for more than 5 minutes knows there have been loads of riders over the years that looked good at 20 years old but for various reasons don't go on to greater things.

By all means support the young ones but don't tell us they are anything like the standard of the top three because they are not yet. Whether they go on to bigger things still remains to be seen.

Spot on post CM, agree with all of the above. I got critisized a while back when I said I thought Bridger had reached his level. In my opinion that still stands, he's done nothing to suggest that he will go on to be like Bomber, Richardson or Nicholls.

Really? Enough witnesses saw the scrap, including some high up Sky management.

Im not saying it didnt happen im accusing the people who say its due to Tai saying he is australian of which there is no proof off in this case. so far on this thread we have had three different reasons for why this happen and as is the norm on here if its on the BSF its true. So the fight was over Tai telling a bird that Ben fncied he was australian and that he could afford to take her out for a nice meal instead of mcdonalds

Which one slept on the kebab? That's a real man :D

Very good ,but is that after he threw it back up or before! :approve:

So the alleged handbags are now either something to do with nationality, women or money.

It's probably more likely a case of two lads in their early 20's, not being able to handle their beer, and having a pop at each other at the kebab van on the way home. :rolleyes:

... or Ben broke Tai's scalextric! :lol:

Maybe it was a Polish bird charging too much ?

Seriously though, they are both young, in a big city and ONE of them had a few drinks in him and ONE didn't .... ONE got a beating ... the other didn't ;)

isn't tai racing at scunthorpe tonight

not with a wolves fixture on.

have now seen that Tai, Ty and Lud had to withdraw. apologies

no worries, wolves fixtures before open meetings. :wink:

Our boys have there priorities right.

Well, having seen Ben Barker narrowly beat Tai Woffindon in a good Heat 3 tonightand then both ride a lap of honour hand in hand like a couple of 'lovebirds' I would say if there were any fisticuffs between them they were merely handbags at dawn !

Cheers

Well, having seen Ben Barker narrowly beat Tai Woffindon in a good Heat 3 tonightand then both ride a lap of honour hand in hand like a couple of 'lovebirds' I would say if there were any fisticuffs between them they were merely handbags at dawn !

Cheers

Yes it was a real lovefest and no animosity whatsoever.

I actually like Lewis, I mean I have spoken to him at Poole a few times and he is a nice chap and despite some Poole fans disliking him I would not mind him in are 2011 campaign. I think we at Poole could get the best out of him.

I agree. have met him twice and he was quiet, very helpful with the kids signing stuff. nice lad.

Says in the star he is talking of returning to Eastbourne.