Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Ben Barker V Tai Woffinden

Yes it was a real lovefest and no animosity whatsoever.

Just goes to show - 8 pages of gossip and nonesense!!!!!

What an anti-climax. :D So did Ben have a black eye or not and if so how did he get it? The plot thickens but perhaps it was just something really boring like one of those jokey telescope things.

I agree. have met him twice and he was quiet, very helpful with the kids signing stuff. nice lad.

He comes a across as a really nice lad. He was a good auctioneer last night too - great laugh :D

What an anti-climax. :D So did Ben have a black eye or not and if so how did he get it? The plot thickens but perhaps it was just something really boring like one of those jokey telescope things.

I didn't notice ben in the bar last night, I'm sure he was there though, so no idea. But yes, it was Ben and Tai love on the track though.. :P

He comes a across as a really nice lad. He was a good auctioneer last night too - great laugh :D

I didn't notice ben in the bar last night, I'm sure he was there though, so no idea. But yes, it was Ben and Tai love on the track though.. :P

Ben was right at the front during the auction, I didn't see any evidence of a black eye and it would not have gone away this quickly if he had one.

The only thing wrong with Ben Barker is the rubbish posted about him on this forum.

Gives 100%, Coventry would be foolish to leave him out of the side next year.

That says to me, "I really don't care where I am next season" and lets be honest, most riders think the same.

Oh yes for sure SCB I agree, its all about who pay's the money I don't buy into all this loyalty bullrubbish

Oh yes for sure SCB I agree, its all about who pay's the money I don't buy into all this loyalty bullrubbish

Really?

Not the case from riders I speak with.

Really?

Not the case from riders I speak with.

There will always be exceptions but I bet most riders would change clubs for the right money. That said, it's always nice to see the likes of Cam Woodward spend all there EL career with a single club. Same with Freddie, Bjarne and Bomber having only ever ridden full time EL for 1 EL club too. I'll even include Leigh Adams in the list. There's not many riders with 5+ years experience in the EL that can claim that. I'm sure there are 1 or 2 others would have left clubs because they were not wanted/fitted in rather than by choice in fairness.

Can't really be said of Adams as he has had a few different clubs.

He's done 5 years at Swindon and the only reason he moved from there was because Swindon went PL. By current day standards, he's been pretty loyal to Swindon. I'm not claiming he's been loyal to all his clubs but if heart was at Swindon, why would he remain loyal to Kings Lynn, Poole and Oxford.