British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

NL Treated with Contempt

Note to poster: The forum rules and guidelines are perfectly clear and WILL be adhered to as you have been told MANY times. It stays here because it is in the right place NOT because you demand it

The NLRC and NL4s Final which were planned for this Saturday have been unceremoniously dumped.

This to me is the final nail in the coffin of the third tier which this year has plummeted from the highs of former Conference seasons to a totally marginalised league now.

I feel very sorry for the two or three stand-alones possibly left seeking out a third division to run in next year as I really don't know where those clubs are going to go now.

EDITED: I understand that it may have been the authorities rather than the staging club responsible for this.

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

Rye House has unceremoniously dumped the NLRC and NL4s Final which were planned for this Saturday. They've done this to stage a Young Shield semi.

This to me is the final nail in the coffin of the third tier which this year has plummeted from the highs of former Conference seasons to a totally marginalised league now.

I feel very sorry for the two or three stand-alones possibly left seeking out a third division to run in next year as I really don't know where those clubs are going to go now.

Sorry but what do you expect them to do. The position they are in was due to the weather originally. Now due to their success against Kings Lynn they have their own fixtures to fulfill. From where I see it they have very little option but to go with this weekend for the Newport meeting as time is running out. Surprised that the stand alones as you put it didn't rush in with offers to re stage the 4TT.

It's a poorly run league whose rules seem to change by the minute and worse still has forgotten it's real reason for being there.

Sorry but what do you expect them to do. The position they are in was due to the weather originally. Now due to their success against Kings Lynn they have their own fixtures to fulfill. From where I see it they have very little option but to go with this weekend for the Newport meeting as time is running out. Surprised that the stand alones as you put it didn't rush in with offers to re stage the 4TT.

It's a poorly run league whose rules seem to change by the minute and worse still has forgotten it's real reason for being there.

I expected them to realise that at this late stage they could NOT cancel the N4s/NLRC event. As has been pointed out elsewhere they COULD have staged their YS meeting on a mid-week day. I've been to meetings at RH on a Monday evening for example.

I expected them to realise that at this late stage they could NOT cancel the N4s/NLRC event. As has been pointed out elsewhere they COULD have staged their YS meeting on a mid-week day. I've been to meetings at RH on a Monday evening for example.

Where is the official information on this? BSPA website has YS match at home to Newport on both dates now, ie 16th and 24th. Rye House website shows it as being 24th and the NL event still to go ahead. I cannot find anything out from the Newport website as it doesn't exist anymore. Maybe we shall have to see what the speedway star says tomorrow. Surely, though, a national championship cannot just be cancelled. What a farce!

Where is the official information on this? BSPA website has YS match at home to Newport on both dates now, ie 16th and 24th. Rye House website shows it as being 24th and the NL event still to go ahead. I cannot find anything out from the Newport website as it doesn't exist anymore. Maybe we shall have to see what the speedway star says tomorrow. Surely, though, a national championship cannot just be cancelled. What a farce!

It's on the BSPA website now - very sad.

I wonder if Peterborough were approached to run it on the Sunday?

Edited by NeilWatson

(FIXTURES)

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 13:

ELITE LEAGUE KO CUP S/F 2nd leg: Poole v Peterborough 7.30

PREMIER LEAGUE: King’s Lynn v Newport 7.30

PREMIER LEAGUE KO CUP S/F 2nd leg: Birmingham v Newcastle 7.30

THURSDAY OCTOBER 14:

PREMIER LEAGUE PLAY-OFF FINAL 1st leg: Sheffield v Newcastle 7.45

CHALLENGE: Ipswich v USA Touring Team 7.30

FRIDAY OCTOBER 15:

YOUNG SHIELD S/F 1st leg: Newport v Rye House 7.30

KINGS OF THE MIDLANDS: Coventry v Wolverhampton 7.30

CHALLENGE: Young Lions v USA Touring Team (at Lakeside) 6.30

LONDON RIDERS CHAMPIONSHIP: Lakeside 8pm

KENNY SMITH MEMORIAL TROPHY: Scunthorpe 7.30

WESTERNAPOLIS: Plymouth 7.30

SATURDAY OCTOBER 16:

ELITE OPEN RIDERS CHAMPIONSHIP: Peterborough 7.30

YOUNG SHIELD S/F 1st leg: Workington v Scunthorpe 7pm

NATIONAL LEAGUE FOURS & NLRC, Rye House - OFF

SUNDAY OCTOBER 17:

PREMIER LEAGUE PLAY-OFF FINAL 2nd leg: Newcastle v Sheffield 6.30

NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAY-OFF S/F 2nd leg: Buxton v Dudley 3pm, Newport v Bournemouth 1pm

LEIGH ADAMS FAREWELL: Swindon 5.30

ASHFIELD CLASSIC: Glasgow 4pm

Edited by stressed

Stick to the commitment that they made in the first place instead of cancelling it at short notice (and thus limiting any chance of a staging elsewhere), particularly bearing in mind that they were fully aware of a possible fixture pile up at the time that that commitment was made. As Derek says, why not hold their other meetings during the week ?

The NL is no more a poorly run league nor do its rules change more often (and for subjective reasons)than either of the other two. Its just that it doesn't seem to be given the credence that it undoubtedly deserves and episodes like this merely reinforce that view.

It's now listed under Results as Off. But not a word by way of explanation which looks bad.

Dead right and, sadly, absolutely typical. :angry:

(FIXTURES)

SUNDAY OCTOBER 17:

NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAY-OFF S/F 2nd leg: Buxton v Dudley 3pm, Newport v Bournemouth 1pm

That certainly rules Sunday out....

I've just got in an read about this, what a joke! So they cancel it for S aturday 'cos of the Young Shield, even though Rye i thought could run whenever they liked and had intended to run Sunday afternoons, then the Newport fixture is switched to Sunday anyway???So whats the real reason for the cancellation, i'm very confused?Is it still taking place?

Like lots of other fans i'd made plans based around this event happening on Saturday!It better be a bloody good reason for such a short notice call off of an important meeting like this!!

:mad:

That certainly rules Sunday out....

But they've now changed the YS fixture AGAIN - to Sunday 17th - at 11am...

So could they still honour the NDL fixtures?

now the YS meeting against Newport seems to be confirmed as on Sunday, so was it necessary to cancel Saturday after all?

RYE HOUSE: FIXTURE ALERT - YOUNG SHIELD REPLACES NL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Wednesday October 13, 2010

The BSPA Management Committee has instructed Rye House that it must give precedence to the staging date of its Young Shield Semi-Final tie against Newport over the National League Fours and Riders Championship.

The latter – scheduled to be held at Hoddesdon this Saturday - has therefore reluctantly been postponed, with the Silver Ski Rockets instead meeting the Wasps at Rye House on Sunday, October 17th, with a 1pm start (gates open at 11am). This earlier than usual start time is to allow Newport’s Swedish riders to catch evening flights out of Stansted.

The BSPA’s decision is based upon the need to complete the Young Shield competition, allowing for any bad weather, before the season-ending deadline of October 31st and the option to find an alternative date for the National League event. Rye House apologises to any supporters inconvenienced by this late change, which is due to a directive beyond its control.

Edited by kog

Uncle Len doesn't want Todd Kurtz getting 5 races worth of practice around Dry House the day before the YS semi.

Uncle Len doesn't want Todd Kurtz getting 5 races worth of practice around Dry House the day before the YS semi.

Yeah, that would probably be about right!

Unbelievable! I know I've not been to many NL fixtures myself this season, but in my eyes, this is completely unfair to those youngsters that were meant to be riding in the NL Fours and NLRC - it makes them look less important than anyone else, but these kids are our future! The BSPA management committee should be shot :mad: