British Speedway Forum
newportspeedwayhh

Newport Hornets ~ V ~ Bournemouth Buccaneers Sunday 17th October 1pm

Could still be the Weymouth Buccaneers next year.... :approve:

I know of one member of consortium withdrew today after the farcical Newport match and believe another will follow.

I know of one member of consortium withdrew today after the farcical Newport match and believe another will follow.

That is a real pity if true because the only way to make a difference is to be involved.

So Buccs forced to ride with a five man team. :angry: Oh and the tractors have crashed! :shock:

I'm sure we all agree that the Play Offs in the NL are a marvellous idea...

Sponsored by Fred Carney's Circus!!! :rolleyes:

Really sorry to hear all the troubles that beset this meeting - but have to defend the NL - the two ties between Buxton and Dudley have been an excellent advert for this level of racing. Look forward to seeing Newport in the Final. :-)

Edited by Killer Cat from Mars

This fiasco has confirmed I will not be investing in a proposed deal for next year.

There are far too many idiots involved in the National League from the top down for me to get involved.

That would be a real shame as i believe the National league is a great league and anymore closures would be a shame.

I spent 6 months travelling to many meetings with my son and i believe that the league is giving a lot of young kids great experience.

As for problems with the rules, maybe the promoters need to get together and nut out some answers and put them to the bspa.

Wether they would listen is debatable but the future of the sport needs people and promoters like yourself.

I ve given some thought to the problem where if you have more than one rider out for various reasons you cannot use a guest.

At the start of every month the bspa can release a riders average, say 4 and under make them a 1, between 4.1 and 5 make them a 2,and so on up to a 10 point average and if more than one replacement

is required or even for an r/r you can use a rider with the same number as a guest.

This way riders would pick up extra rides and the situation that happened last night could be avoided.Also riders that are trying to break into the Premier league but still need the National league to fall back on wont be as big an issue to be replaced when fixtures clash.

Cheers Chopper

Yesterday was a shambles from start to finish.

Congratualtions to Newport for reaching the Play Off Final.Also a huge well done to Brandon Freemantle on his NL debut.A superb effort.

The track was awful.Ive seen smoother ploughed fields.Trying to prepare it,the 2 tractors crashed on the 1st turn! Unbeleviable.One is seriously damaged,with one of the front wheels at right angles to where it should be pointing.

Then the fun and games with the Richie Worrall issue.Firstly,Bmth didnt name their reserves until they arrived.Once again the 'Stoneman isnt available to ride' card was played.Not the first time this season.I understand that Graham Reeve overruled Bmths request to use Worrall,as did referee Dave Robinson.

Quite extraordinarily,both Robinson and Garry May had a full on slanging match in the pits,both shouting at each other.Whos right and whos wrong is one thing,but this surely 'bringing the sport in to disrepute? Its not on.

The meeting itself was littered with falls,even to the most experienced riders.When the likes of Atkin and Herne both wobble and slide off as if they have never ridden a bike before,as late Hts 13 and 14,you have to wonder.For Newport,only Kyle newman didnt fall,as he led from the front with 13+1.

Brandon Freemantle.A future star,without any doubt.Gates like a rocket,and looks exciting.In Ht2,he led for a lap,before spinning off on turn 1,(so did 4 others later).Ht4 he seemed to be on his way to 2nd place.However Baseby seemed to go into turn 3 a bit too quick and accidently forced him into the mire on the outside,and then fell.Very unlucky.Should have had 5pts in the locker,but had zero.Ending up with 4+2 was an excellent effort.

Not the best of meetings,and seemed to take forever to complete.I have no doubt that had Worrall ridden,Bmth would be in the Final right now.Whatever the rights and wrongs of this issue,the biggest losers are the fans.I havent supported any specific team in any League this season.What does seem evident to me is that almost all Promoters have their own agenda.Shame really as each team needs supporters.The best way to keep the terraces empty is to continue this path of self destruction.

One way or another,the powers that be seem to have strangled the life out of the NL.If its not already dead,then the last rites arent far away.Inconsistent is an understatement.What happened to the statement at the start of the season which said that all 3 Leagues would be run the same way? Certainly the NL hasnt been run very well.

Its such a shame that the playoffs have turned into such a PR disaster this season.

If the PL/KO finals are run as a double header, or the NLRC / NL Fours do not go ahead then some people need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Dark days for the NL indeed, but hopefully it can rise again.

Edited by Nikko

Its such a shame that the playoffs have turned into such a PR disaster this season.

If the PL/KO finals are run as a double header, or the NLRC / NL Fours do not go ahead then some people need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Dark days for the NL indeed, but hopefully it can rise again.

Well it would seem that unless the Play Off and KOC Finals are run as a D/H then there's no chance of the 4s or a meaningful NLRC being staged..

As you say a shambles...

Well it would seem that unless the Play Off and KOC Finals are run as a D/H then there's no chance of the 4s or a meaningful NLRC being staged..

As you say a shambles...

The NL 4s and NLRC are to be staged at Rye House on Sunday Oct. 31st.

Don't know what happens if the weather forces a call off rolleyes.gif

Yesterday was a shambles from start to finish.

Congratualtions to Newport for reaching the Play Off Final.Also a huge well done to Brandon Freemantle on his NL debut.A superb effort.

The track was awful.Ive seen smoother ploughed fields.Trying to prepare it,the 2 tractors crashed on the 1st turn! Unbeleviable.One is seriously damaged,with one of the front wheels at right angles to where it should be pointing.

Then the fun and games with the Richie Worrall issue.Firstly,Bmth didnt name their reserves until they arrived.Once again the 'Stoneman isnt available to ride' card was played.Not the first time this season.I understand that Graham Reeve overruled Bmths request to use Worrall,as did referee Dave Robinson.

Quite extraordinarily,both Robinson and Garry May had a full on slanging match in the pits,both shouting at each other.Whos right and whos wrong is one thing,but this surely 'bringing the sport in to disrepute? Its not on.

The meeting itself was littered with falls,even to the most experienced riders.When the likes of Atkin and Herne both wobble and slide off as if they have never ridden a bike before,as late Hts 13 and 14,you have to wonder.For Newport,only Kyle newman didnt fall,as he led from the front with 13+1.

Brandon Freemantle.A future star,without any doubt.Gates like a rocket,and looks exciting.In Ht2,he led for a lap,before spinning off on turn 1,(so did 4 others later).Ht4 he seemed to be on his way to 2nd place.However Baseby seemed to go into turn 3 a bit too quick and accidently forced him into the mire on the outside,and then fell.Very unlucky.Should have had 5pts in the locker,but had zero.Ending up with 4+2 was an excellent effort.

Not the best of meetings,and seemed to take forever to complete.I have no doubt that had Worrall ridden,Bmth would be in the Final right now.Whatever the rights and wrongs of this issue,the biggest losers are the fans.I havent supported any specific team in any League this season.What does seem evident to me is that almost all Promoters have their own agenda.Shame really as each team needs supporters.The best way to keep the terraces empty is to continue this path of self destruction.

One way or another,the powers that be seem to have strangled the life out of the NL.If its not already dead,then the last rites arent far away.Inconsistent is an understatement.What happened to the statement at the start of the season which said that all 3 Leagues would be run the same way? Certainly the NL hasnt been run very well.

Nice balanced view mate and as you say a PR disaster.

Has put me and a few others off the NL and not sure what to do as regards speedway at the moment.

The NL 4s and NLRC are to be staged at Rye House on Sunday Oct. 31st.

Don't know what happens if the weather forces a call off rolleyes.gif

so if that is the case, when will the buxton v newport p/o take place as the 4s and nlrc are shared events and take priority, remember weymouth werent allowed to run against them with a challenge match the other week.

so if that is the case, when will the buxton v newport p/o take place as the 4s and nlrc are shared events and take priority, remember weymouth werent allowed to run against them with a challenge match the other week.

Fri 29th Oct Hornets v Buxton NL Play-Off Final 1st Leg

Sun 31st Oct Buxton away Final 2nd leg

Also NLRC is at Rye House Sat 30th Oct

Also NLRC is at Rye House Sat 30th Oct

Ahhh you beat me to it. lol

I was at Rye last Sunday and they announced this would be the 31st Oct. rolleyes.gif

Now 7pm start on the Saturday blink.gif

Fri 29th Oct Hornets v Buxton NL Play-Off Final 1st Leg

Sun 31st Oct Buxton away Final 2nd leg

My oh my, cutting things awfully fine.... :shock:

Can it really be true that the deadline for the play offs was 12 September!!! :blink:

Nice balanced view mate and as you say a PR disaster.

Has put me and a few others off the NL and not sure what to do as regards speedway at the moment.

i sincerly hope it has not put you off :cry: those NL lads needs all the help they can get, it is not there fault

if it has badly managed they have all give it there all this year and will continue to do so next season you only have to look

at the talent what is coming through, i personally cant wait for next season and i am sure i am not alone when i say

next year is really going to be exciting, a majority of those lads are the future of speedway please dont give up on them ;)