British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

While he may have a point regarding Pawlicki's starting average for next year, I think that making a fuss and implying that it had a bearing on the play off final does smack of sour grapes to me a bit I'm afraid.

Coventry came to Poole having ridden it only a couple of times during the season and gave us a proper thrashing. The Poole riders have ridden the Poole track week in and week out all year, and in some cases for several years. My point is this, regardless of where Pawlicki road in the Coventry team, Poole should have been able to contain him. We didn't, We bottled it, Coventry were the better team by a country mile.

I have great respect for Matt Ford, what he's done at Poole over the last however many years is great, but whinging about other teams making use of the very rules he has made ample use of in the past just seems churlish to me. Congratulate Coventry and move on.

No rules were broken and it IS sour grapes (and very poor spelling!) no matter how many EL promoters Matt Ford cites he should remember that "what goes around comes around" and he is the last person I would expect to take the moral high ground. As posted earlier, Coventry used their number 8 in a meeting which they are perfectly entitled to do. If Poole had the opportunity to do the same (or any other team), they would do whatever they could (within the rules) to gain an advantage.

My advice is "Get Over It"!!

Poole didn't just lose the championship finals, they were slaughtered in both meetings and their Promotor blames it all on a skinny 19 year old boy. How pathetic! Why not deduct 6 points, for two his rides, from each of the meetings and see if it changes the result.

Poole have made some pathetic statements in their time but the latest beats all of the others by miles.

We used our number 8 to cover an injured reserve. Poole used their number 8 to cover an injured reserve. I must say I was shocked with the speed that Doyle returned from a dislocated shoulder, I suppose he was very lucky that there was no ligament damage...

You have a point with Mrozcka,it may of been harsh but why wasn't he dropped when it became clear his form had dipped and not the same rider we startred the season with,even last night,he was winning a race that was stopped but apart from that he did very little on a track he was getting near maximums every week.

As for Pawlicki,its clear if he wasn't at reserve it would have been at the very least, alot closer and stopping him from riding his last meeting,using the no.8,which you can do at any time, was within the rules and good management,which makes it irrelevant whether he was injured or not,unless he needs to be injured in order to use your no.8 which my understanding of the rule isn't the case.

As for the rule regarding Screen last year,that went on the 8 meeting average because we were going to re-declare,therefore it could be argued that to declare a new team for next season then Pawlicki needs to have his average amended to include the league meetings he has completed.

2.gif

It's funny that neither Matt Ford nor Peter Adams (also put pen to paper to moan about Pawlicki) can cite any rule-breaking. As I said on the other thread regarding PA' comments - don't hate the player hate the game. If you want to moan then moan about the rule that allowed Coventry to leave Pawlicki out at will.

Good post home straight.

Why did Matty waste his time writing all those words?

He could have demonstrated Average fiddling with just one picture - HERE

And the rest of his comments with an other picture - HERE

An interesting column from Matt Ford in last nights Poole program.

"Finally, and most importantly, the last thing I want to do is rain on Coventrys celebration parade in 48 hours time at Brandon, but I would like to draw attention to the following important fact.

On September 13th, their key reserve Pawlicki was in fine fettle scoring 7 points in Bees semi-final first leg against Peterborough.

A week latter he was in the Bees side bagging another 5 rides at Peterborough in the playoff semi-final second leg.

However, in between these meetings, Coventry had a league meeting at Swindon on September 16th, a match that would have seen Pawlicki reach 12 meetings for an official average running after 11 meetings at 6.18.

This would have seen Pawlicki promoted into the Bees top five for both legs of the Playoff final and also providing his actual average for next year.

But here's the thing. Pawlicki suffed an injury preventing him from riding at Swindon. it ruled him unfit to ride at Swindon, but fit enough for the playoff meetings.

So he remained on an assessed 4 point average - and was avalable to drip feed the Coventry management to use at reserve for both legs of the final. Pawlicki scored 26 points compared to Sweetmans 6 over 30 heats.

Would it have been different had Pawlicki been inthe team with Sweetman at reerve? We will never know. But it would have been nice to have had the oportunity to face Bees in the right riing order.

All I know is I have had 5 fellow Elite Legue promoters contact me voicing their concerns over his inclusion at reserve. I'll leave you all to form your own opinions about how we feel over the whole matter."

END.

The fact that Pawlicki rode in POland (and won the meeting) but was too injured to ride for Coventry at Swindon looks like it's going to come back and bite him and Coventry on the bum. With 6 EL promoters far from happy with the manipulation that has taken place, and the fact that every rider has to have his average for 2011 rattified at the bSPA conference, it's not looking good for Pawlicki and Coventry teams building plans in 2011.

Parhaps Rosco made a mistake in saying that Pawlicki ws "injured and not fit to ride at Swindon". He was certainly fit enough to win an individual in Poland.

Too many Sour Grapes can give you an awfully bad attack of the trots , take some consolation that during the winter Matt Ford and his Cronies On the management Commitee will bend the rules to suit Their teams. And Pawlicki will be given assesed average . But for now you will have to do like a lot of others " Get over it " the best team won and that was'nt your team

Edited by speedibee

you lost your team bottled it, you need to seak theropy!

king arthur

While he may have a point regarding Pawlicki's starting average for next year, I think that making a fuss and implying that it had a bearing on the play off final does smack of sour grapes to me a bit I'm afraid.

Coventry came to Poole having ridden it only a couple of times during the season and gave us a proper thrashing. The Poole riders have ridden the Poole track week in and week out all year, and in some cases for several years. My point is this, regardless of where Pawlicki road in the Coventry team, Poole should have been able to contain him. We didn't, We bottled it, Coventry were the better team by a country mile.

I have great respect for Matt Ford, what he's done at Poole over the last however many years is great, but whinging about other teams making use of the very rules he has made ample use of in the past just seems churlish to me. Congratulate Coventry and move on.

thanks for this we know most poole fans are sensible!

He really has got it bad hasn't he, dear oh dear. :rolleyes:

He's got a bit of a cheek to accuse other promotions of fiddling, pit and kottle spring to mind. :blink:

He really has got it bad hasn't he, dear oh dear. :rolleyes:

..... pit and kottle spring to mind. :blink:

Must admit a pit and kottle have never sprung to my mind. :D

It's very refreshing to read a post like this instead of whinging. Great post.

2.gif

It's funny that neither Matt Ford nor Peter Adams (also put pen to paper to moan about Pawlicki) can cite any rule-breaking. As I said on the other thread regarding PA' comments - don't hate the player hate the game. If you want to moan then moan about the rule that allowed Coventry to leave Pawlicki out at will.

What did Peter Adams say? Is there a thread on it?