British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

Ford has a point. The problem is, reverse the roles and Ford would've done the exact same thing. There isn't a promoter in the country who wouldn't have, except perhaps Louis at Ipswich. It's not that the Tiger is more honourable than the rest, it's more a question of brain cells, or lack of them.

I hav'nt read all 22 pages but it seems to me Coventry techincaly did'nt break any rules so did nothing wrong, but morally they were wrong, they manlipulated the rules, if they just came out and told the truth then it would'nt be so bad. The B.S.P.A. spend time making the rules then the same people spend time looking for loop holes to exploit. Why can't we have at least one season where the spirit of the rules are kept to with no manipulations, no average manipulation and teams using there strongest teams at all times, pie in the sky I know but we can dream can't we.

You call that speedway, you are having a real laugh, that was not speedway, that was a bloody discrace. Your management and curator should be bloody ashamed of themselves for that presentation.

What you saw a poole the following week was PROPER speedway, even Tatum said so, and i can't stand the bloke!!

I would love to see a meeting between the two same teams on a Netural well prepared track, then lets see what the result would be!!!

Did they not beat you home and away??? on your own perfect speedway track?? :lol:

Shamek played a blinder tonight when interviewed trackside after the meeting was cancelled, he was asked "will you be back next year" to which shamek replied "I will have to ask Mr Ford first"

Wolfy

I hav'nt read all 22 pages but it seems to me Coventry techincaly did'nt break any rules so did nothing wrong, but morally they were wrong, they manlipulated the rules, if they just came out and told the truth then it would'nt be so bad. The B.S.P.A. spend time making the rules then the same people spend time looking for loop holes to exploit. Why can't we have at least one season where the spirit of the rules are kept to with no manipulations, no average manipulation and teams using there strongest teams at all times, pie in the sky I know but we can dream can't we.

Remind me where coventry didnt tell the truth ??

Totally agree, it's only two teams at it in the EL mind, the rest seem to want to play fair.

So answer me this. If Poole had done what Coventry did this year, coming from 4th to win the title by holding back a rider for a meeting to make sure he was at reserve for the final and keeping him on a 4 point average for next year, would you be saying well done Poole, great tactics and fully deserved?

Answer honestly.

You'd be congratulating the Poole management for what they did...

Niamh

Matt Ford has said nothing in the program notes that many Poole fans were thinking. And he has nly voiced his opinion. He hasn't called Coventry cheats. he just says he will leave it to us (the poole fans) to guess how he feels over the whole matter.

So answer me this. If Poole had done what Coventry did this year, coming from 4th to win the title by holding back a rider for a meeting to make sure he was at reserve for the final and keeping him on a 4 point average for next year, would you be saying well done Poole, great tactics and fully deserved?

Or you you be berating Poole for more cheating?

Answer honestly.

Honestly Steve....ok my take on all of this.

As a neutral I personally didn't want either team to be league champs, so went into the semi and play off meetings watching purely because they would be the last competitive meetings of the season. In between the play off meetings we had a re-arranged meeting v Poole which quite rightly the Pirates won massively against us, but the whole meeting was marred by your Captain who quite frankly showed himself up by not wishing to complete the meeting after heat 12 and when forced to ride in heat 13 trundled round at the back, so strike one for the Bees.

Now the finals were upon us and Poole v Coventry...still not bothered who won, but thinking what a giggle if the Bees over turned the Pirates, still thinking nope not going to happen, Poole are just too strong from top to bottom.

So the dodgy track and heat 1, the boy wonder gets it wrong and is excluded, and for 5 heats the Bees have it. As the meeting progresses though the Pirates come back into it, and although they lose the meeting, not by as much as I felt Coventry needed because Poole have been supreme at Wimbourne Road and have beaten most teams by at least 20 points all season long.

A decent track and all the ride for, Coventry's main man excluded in his first heat and looking good for Poole, so everyone thought but they didn't bank on Bomber being Superman and for me that is when I cast my allegience to Coventry because of the fighting spirit of Bomber. Now in effect Coventry relied on 2 riders and their reserve against the strongest 1-7 AT HOME this season, and beat them. Why can you not accept that the bottom line is that your super team was found wanting at the end, whether Shamek rode at no 2,3,4 or 7 you would have been beaten.

I have no feelings one way or the other regarding how many meetings he rode for Coventry TBH, it just comes over that Poole were beaten because in the fianl analysis they were not good enough home or away at the end, and all of this posturing by Matt Ford and yourself is rather pathetic, when it was YOUR riders that let all of you fans down.

So no I would not have said that Poole were cheating, had it been reversed, I don't think, but my feelings have been made clear in the earlier posts regarding your promoter.

Ford has a point. The problem is, reverse the roles and Ford would've done the exact same thing. There isn't a promoter in the country who wouldn't have, except perhaps Louis at Ipswich. It's not that the Tiger is more honourable than the rest, it's more a question of brain cells, or lack of them.

That's below the belt and quite frankly uncalled for IMO. John Louis is speedway through and through and doesn't deserve that at all.

After the Peterborough meeting he rode in Poland. But then was left out of the meeting at Swindon due to his "injury". Telegraphed from the moon of course, it was as clear to see as Barker laying sprawn on the track till the light came on.

It must be something about Swindon Steve, because it was the same track that Joe Screen developed a predictable and imaginary injury last season

What is it about Swindon !!

Totally agree, it's only two teams at it in the EL mind, the rest seem to want to play fair.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Watch out for flying pigs .

Seriously, the best thing I ever did was take my family away for a few days. I was gutted on Monday night but came home, got on the net and 24 hours latter we were in Rome. Going away kept me off here which was sensible.

Then I say you and others who are unable to control themselves should have a good long look at yourselves

Its a flippin sport for goodness sake, get a grip

Agree with Badge, that comment about John Louis is way out of order.

And making fun out of 'brain cells', when the man suffered serious

head injuries after an accident at the track is sick IMHO.

The accident may have been around 5/6 years ago now, but I know

JL still suffers from the effects.

I haven't posted on the forum for a fair while now, due to this type

of posting, but I was not going to sit here reading this and not

defend the man.

Typical post from a typical Keyboard commando on here.... :mad:

Teams are obligated to field their strongest teams at all times.

No there not. :rolleyes:

Would you have said that? Would you be saying well done to Poole, great tactics, and laughing at Coventry for chocking?

IF Cov had been in your place, 26 points clear and you beat them to take the title of cause we would be saying that Cov choked.

Glad you can now see that you WERE the big chokers! :P

oK I would say I would be extremely disappointed in winning the league in such a manner and it would be a very hollow victory.

of course you would. :rolleyes:

Agree with Badge, that comment about John Louis is way out of order.

And making fun out of 'brain cells', when the man suffered serious

head injuries after an accident at the track is sick IMHO.

The accident may have been around 5/6 years ago now, but I know

JL still suffers from the effects.

I haven't posted on the forum for a fair while now, due to this type

of posting, but I was not going to sit here reading this and not

defend the man.

Typical post from a typical Keyboard commando on here.... :mad:

Typical post from someone who takes a delight in being insulting so not unexpected really.

Pathetic. :rolleyes:

.....T.N.T......Schlein will never be in the same bracket as KK who has GP experience ... Bridger started the season as a heat leader, not a reserve ... so Star Rider for Heat Leader and Heat Leader for dodgy reserve !

Agree with the first bit but don't you mean dodgy reserve for another dodgy reserve? :P

Edited by Gemini

Where have Coventry lied?

This is not a loop hole either, it's a clear and consise, been used for years rule.