British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

Honestly Steve....ok my take on all of this.

Why can you not accept that the bottom line is that your super team was found wanting at the end, whether Shamek rode at no 2,3,4 or 7 you would have been beaten.

Badge, thats WAY too sensible for Steve to understand!

But indeed, very true.

Badge, thats WAY too sensible for Steve to understand!

But indeed, very true.

If Pawlicki had ridden at two he would have ridden less heats and harder heats, only programmed rides and the r/r. 5 max. Would have made a difference to the scoreline. Remember, Poole just gave up at the end when it was clear the 12 points couldn't be made up. That most certainly wouldn't have happened if it had been closer. The Coventry reserve was the key to the result. Sweetman would not have got close to Pawlicki's score.

If Pawlicki had ridden at two he would have ridden less heats and harder heats, only programmed rides and the r/r. 5 max. Would have made a difference to the scoreline. Remember, Poole just gave up at the end when it was clear the 12 points couldn't be made up. That most certainly wouldn't have happened if it had been closer. The Coventry reserve was the key to the result. Sweetman would not have got close to Pawlicki's score.

and probably would have scored 10 or 12 from 5 rides (including rr) so still good enough.

Thats all speculative anyway.

Edited by stevebrum

What happened to the self appointed doyenne of Brandon tonight? She was conspicuous by her absence, who's going to kiss arse now? :unsure:

What happened to the self appointed doyenne of Brandon tonight? She was conspicuous by her absence, who's going to kiss arse now?

Lakeside?

Hey, I'm saying nothing else until I've looked up what 'doyenne' means because I've already been at cross purposes with you tonight. :D

Edited by Gemini

Now reverse the situation.

Coventry have finished the league section 26 points in front of Poole. But Matt keeps Madsen out of an away meeting at Ipswich saying he is poorly, meaning he remains at reserve for the final. Madsen has been knocking in double figure scores all over the place and is due to go back into the team in place of Mrozcka. But because he missed this meeting, he remains at reserve. (all hyperthetical of course)

Madsen scores well at Brandon and then scores paid 17 at Poole. Pirates win the league from 4th in the league.

Let me tell you here and now, the cries of "foul" would be heard loud and clear across this forum, with the Coventry fans moaning and groaning and calling us cheats.

And that's exactly what happened, but the other way around.

That is very true and spot on.

Of course you would feel gutted after leading the league table from day one and not even being chased by any real threat. For a team to come along, change their line up and the title you would feel annoyed.

However !

You would have to look at the bigger picture too.

Poole had every option to off load Mroczka as his form dipped, but they chose not too and therefore kept Madsen at reserve ... just like Pawlicki at Coventry.

Therefore you have to look at the forward thinking of the Coventry Management and applaud them for keeping Pawlicki at reserve, along with Bridger who started the season as a heat leader to form a formidable back up pairing with Pawlicki showing his true potential at Wimborne Rd with a brilliant score.

You would also have to look at the Poole Management and look at the mistakes they made at the end of the season.

It was clear that Coventry were the team on a march and quite rightly, Poole opted to keep away from them in the play offs. However they then chose Wolverhampton instead of Peterborough. Had they looked, they would have seen that any meetings with the Bees v Wolves is going to be tight as the KO Cup shows where it was decided that Wolves went through on the very last part of the last lap after 119 previous laps hadn't really seperated them.

Had Poole chose P'boro, they may not have been facing Coventry and while I am confident Wolves can keep with Coventry at Brandon, I very much doubt Wolves will ever get anything from Wimborne Rd and it would have been hard to see Wolves overcome Poole in the final.

Also with Coventry on a roll, they then handed them the advantage by offering them the upper hand by staging the first leg at Brandon, letting Bees defend a lead from the first leg with tactical rides making it virtually impossible against the in form team.

So to turn the situation around ...... One team played the rules and ensured they had the strongest team available ..... The other made big mistakes and both combined meant the team in form were crowned Worthy Champions

Edited by T.N.T.

Now reverse the situation.

Coventry have finished the league section 26 points in front of Poole. But Matt keeps Madsen out of an away meeting at Ipswich saying he is poorly, meaning he remains at reserve for the final. Madsen has been knocking in double figure scores all over the place and is due to go back into the team in place of Mrozcka. But because he missed this meeting, he remains at reserve. (all hyperthetical of course)

Madsen scores well at Brandon and then scores paid 17 at Poole. Pirates win the league from 4th in the league.

Let me tell you here and now, the cries of "foul" would be heard loud and clear across this forum, with the Coventry fans moaning and groaning and calling us cheats.

And that's exactly what happened, but the other way around.

Nice argument - except Madsen was at reserve!!

And I don't think there is anything wrong in using your #8 for any team rider!!

The season is now at a close Coventry Bees champions fair an squareI know it is a bit hard for some to chew on but its done dusted so roll on next season.

The season is now at a close Coventry Bees champions fair an squareI know it is a bit hard for some to chew on but its done dusted so roll on next season.

Well said that man

And I don't think there is anything wrong in using your #8 for any team rider!!

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on whether the EL is use your declared 1-7 whenever available or a squad system of any 7 from 8 (or 9 if operating d/uppers).

For me, I can't recall the change to a squad system, but the rules read however you want them to.

Not specifically a reply to the above quoted post, I agree with SS that there is a lot of 'up yours' feeling on this thread and I'm willing to bet that once Coventry declare their team for 2011 with Pawlicki at reserve there will be many posts on here complaining about the use of a rider who only has a suitable average because he was held back from riding his twelfth match.

I agree with SS that there is a lot of 'up yours' feeling on this thread and I'm willing to bet that once Coventry declare their team for 2011 with Pawlicki at reserve there will be many posts on here complaining about the use of a rider who only has a suitable average because he was held back from riding his twelfth match.

Nah. Orion, Steve Brum and the rest of them will be more than happy to see a rider on a 6.18 average starting for Coventry at reserve on 4 points.

They have said for the last week or three that it is fair and OK for Pawlicki to have ridden only 11 meetings so they will have no cause to complain when Coventry have an instant 2.18 point team building advantage over the rest of the EL teams.

Of course you would feel gutted after leading the league table from day one and not even being chased by any real threat. For a team to come along, change their line up and the title you would feel annoyed.

However !

You would have to look at the bigger picture too.

Poole had every option to off load Mroczka as his form dipped, but they chose not too and therefore kept Madsen at reserve ... just like Pawlicki at Coventry.

Therefore you have to look at the forward thinking of the Coventry Management and applaud them for keeping Pawlicki at reserve, along with Bridger who started the season as a heat leader to form a formidable back up pairing with Pawlicki showing his true potential at Wimborne Rd with a brilliant score.

You would also have to look at the Poole Management and look at the mistakes they made at the end of the season.

It was clear that Coventry were the team on a march and quite rightly, Poole opted to keep away from them in the play offs. However they then chose Wolverhampton instead of Peterborough. Had they looked, they would have seen that any meetings with the Bees v Wolves is going to be tight as the KO Cup shows where it was decided that Wolves went through on the very last part of the last lap after 119 previous laps hadn't really seperated them.

Had Poole chose P'boro, they may not have been facing Coventry and while I am confident Wolves can keep with Coventry at Brandon, I very much doubt Wolves will ever get anything from Wimborne Rd and it would have been hard to see Wolves overcome Poole in the final.

Also with Coventry on a roll, they then handed them the advantage by offering them the upper hand by staging the first leg at Brandon, letting Bees defend a lead from the first leg with tactical rides making it virtually impossible against the in form team.

So to turn the situation around ...... One team played the rules and ensured they had the strongest team available ..... The other made big mistakes and both combined meant the team in form were crowned Worthy Champions

Very well put, but you will never convince some people that the Poole management could possibly have made an error!! :wink:

........and here's the latest > The Eagles will be using Przemyslaw Pawlicki as a guest at reserve on his legitmate 4.00 average at Wimborne Road on Wednesday.

So:

When YOUR promotion use/manipulate/interpret the rules to their advantage = good/astute management.

When ANYBODY ELSE does similarly = blatant cheating.

The problem is the 'rules/regulations' and self interest versus the greater good of the sport.

That said, certain individuals don't seem to know that they should stop digging when they reach the bottom of the hole! :wink: