British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

Genius, sheer genius.

Hardly. Its called making your team far stronger than it would normally be. Dryml @ Poole = 0. Pawlicki @ Poole = double figures so far.

........and it is also rumoured to be bridger at reserve at arlington. I love it. C'mon Eagles leave The Pirates with a bear cupboard once again.icon_smile_approve.gif

So Eastbourne can't be one of the elusive five promoters who quietly compained to Matt Ford about pawlicki's 4 point average. Were they......?

So Eastbourne can't be one of the elusive five promoters who quietly compained to Matt Ford about pawlicki's 4 point average. Were they......?

Yeah strange isn't it. Word is there was no complaint at Wolverhampton so unless Mr Ford is telling porkies only 5 more remain.

maybe Midland Robin could offer some words of wisdom.

Edited by colincooke

As a neutral here I do feel sorry for Swindon last year and Poole this to a certain extent. It is not though the fault of the Bees if the rules are the way there are. It would have been fairer to give the league winners a head start as in 2009; but then in the final last year it started all square!

There should be a control board that is not made up of people with vested interests to make the rules for 2011.

The fact that Poole gave up at the end of the final made a poor impression on me, as they stil could have got 2 5-0 results in theory. They should surely have wanted to win the second match to keep their unbeaten record at home. I fail to understand why this has not been commented on more on what is a very long thread.

Nah. Orion, Steve Brum and the rest of them will be more than happy to see a rider on a 6.18 average starting for Coventry at reserve on 4 points.

They have said for the last week or three that it is fair and OK for Pawlicki to have ridden only 11 meetings so they will have no cause to complain when Coventry have an instant 2.18 point team building advantage over the rest of the EL teams.

That's rich!! Look at the Poole team this year - nothing outside the rules but you had the same with Darcy Ward - and others with manipulated averages e.g. Bjarne Pedersen!

I would be quite happy for Pawlickito start on an assessed average because he hasn't ridden enough meetings to get a proper average- SIMPLES!!

As a neutral here I do feel sorry for Swindon last year and Poole this to a certain extent. It is not though the fault of the Bees if the rules are the way there are. It would have been fairer to give the league winners a head start as in 2009; but then in the final last year it started all square!

There should be a control board that is not made up of people with vested interests to make the rules for 2011.

The fact that Poole gave up at the end of the final made a poor impression on me, as they stil could have got 2 5-0 results in theory. They should surely have wanted to win the second match to keep their unbeaten record at home. I fail to understand why this has not been commented on more on what is a very long thread.

It's only long cos of Cooke and Shovlar. Take their posts away and it would only be 5 pages. Its giving me a headache and cos it keeps spilling over into every single Poole thread can't read them much either. PL section, here i come!!

Nah. Orion, Steve Brum and the rest of them will be more than happy to see a rider on a 6.18 average starting for Coventry at reserve on 4 points.

They have said for the last week or three that it is fair and OK for Pawlicki to have ridden only 11 meetings so they will have no cause to complain when Coventry have an instant 2.18 point team building advantage over the rest of the EL teams.

Fair, no. But OK, yes. The rules are there, Coventry have worked them to their best advantage so the rest of us will just have to chew on it. C'est la vie.

Remind me where coventry didnt tell the truth ??

Did'nt they say Pawlicki was injured, but he still managed to ride in Poland.

That's rich!! Look at the Poole team this year - nothing outside the rules but you had the same with Darcy Ward - and others with manipulated averages e.g. Bjarne Pedersen!

I would be quite happy for Pawlickito start on an assessed average because he hasn't ridden enough meetings to get a proper average- SIMPLES!!

Ward came in on his correct average, which was half of his PL average. That is the rule and any team that picked him up would have got him on half his PL average. Sure he was going to improve because he is destined for the top of the sport but nothing untoward there at all.

Bjarne had a dreadful season last year and has improved this year but is not the rider he was three years ago. Although he has shown flashes of his best he is not the same rider he once was.

If you are happy with Coventry keeping Pawlicki out of a meeting so they can gain such an advantage over YOUR team in 2011, fair enough.

Yes they did. Pawlicki rode in Germany on the Sunday, not Poland.

Yes they did. Pawlicki rode in Germany on the Sunday, not Poland.

Still going Steve...ha ha haha :lol:

Watch you don't give yourself an ulcer!

Still going Steve...ha ha haha icon_lol.gif

Watch you don't give yourself an ulcer!

it's laughable isn't it & even i'm bored of him now.

he can't face the fact that our reserve beat his top riders without even breaking sweat.biggrin.gif

Well, that's their fault they shouldn't have gone gallivanting all over europe & getting blotto.

Jacques, we will enjoy next season with team that we don't need to change if we don't want to & can improve if we do.

The Pirates however .............................................................................. sweet music is that.icon_smile_approve.gif

Edit: apologies to you decent Pirate fans

Edited by colincooke

No and no.

They rested him and he didn't ride anywhere.

Tell you what though, I wish had had raced in Poland, we could have use our number 8 then and nobody could complain.

Ward came in on his correct average, which was half of his PL average. That is the rule and any team that picked him up would have got him on half his PL average. Sure he was going to improve because he is destined for the top of the sport but nothing untoward there at all.

Bjarne had a dreadful season last year and has improved this year but is not the rider he was three years ago. Although he has shown flashes of his best he is not the same rider he once was.

If you are happy with Coventry keeping Pawlicki out of a meeting so they can gain such an advantage over YOUR team in 2011, fair enough.

Yes indeed, they are the rules to abide by just as Coventry did, wheneverthere are rules there are loopholes, maybe Coventry's tactics came good, maybe Pawliki ruled himself out of riding in England through fear of the risk of his injury hampering him,(Germany is much closer and he wouldnt let him team down) maybe Coventry didn't want to take the chance on him, maybe he earned very well out of that meeting in Germany, maybe Poole were terrible, oh wait they were and got thrashed by a team that played by the rules.....

.....that the Elite league Promotors agreed