British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

No and no.

They rested him and he didn't ride anywhere.

Tell you what though, I wish had had raced in Poland, we could have use our number 8 then and nobody could complain.

He rode in Germany on the Sunday after the Thursday he was rested. So he rode well on the Monday, Rosco said he was injured on the Thursday so not used, then he rode on the Sunday in Germany, scoring well again.

Just as a matter of interest.....did Poole ride under protest???? :unsure:

He rode in Germany on the Sunday after the Thursday he was rested. So he rode well on the Monday, Rosco said he was injured on the Thursday so not used, then he rode on the Sunday in Germany, scoring well again.

Riders have to make comebacks. And you don't need a reason to use your number 8 as it's not a facility.

Had he raced in Poland and Rosco had said he was racing in Poland would you have complained?

have they got a Emotion smiley for yawning on here?

Just as a matter of interest.....did Poole ride under protest???? :unsure:

No, they just rode under strength! :lol:

They had nothing to protest against, and Steve knows it, he's just doing a spot of fishing - and 26 pages later his nets must be bulging!

Edited by Ipswich Jules

Now reverse the situation.

Let me tell you here and now, the cries of "foul" would be heard loud and clear across this forum, with the Coventry fans moaning and groaning and calling us cheats.

And that's exactly what happened, but the other way around.

We already did that to them when they were moaning about Lindback being in reserve, injured and jumping up and down etc when we won the league and cup.....and it felt good and they moaned like crazy and had about 100 topics on why Poole shouldn't have won the league.

Unfortunately swings and roundabouts etc...lets just try and get 1 back up on them next season. :D

Just as a matter of interest.....did Poole ride under protest???? unsure.gif

I think King Arthur and Chris Holder did biggrin.gif

Good God get some Help !!!

Lets look at the facts,

1. Poole and the other top teams were desperate for Coventry not to make the top 4.

2. Thats why the deadline was not shifted ie Cov did not complete there fixtures and ride at Swindon.

3. They all thought that would keep the form team out of the playoffs.

4. All this about Lakeside points won't count then they will when they went to Swindon just showed what a farce the sport is.(why I stopped going)

5. If Coventry were allowed to complete there fixtures im sure they would of used Pawlicki at Swindon. Then he would have an average......

6. Matt Ford wants to thank the team for choosing Wolves in the semi and not getting his way and going to Cov. Cause you would not of even made the final. Matts cocky interview after meeting at Wolves (i would of prefered Cov). Not so cocky now!!

Well done the Bees....

The last point I would like to make.

The promoters have to stop making the rules up as they go along, they need a independent body to control the sport. Coventry have done nothing wrong this year, rules are there in black and white and they have followed them to there advantage. Like any professional management team would. How can you have a management committee agreeing teams its a joke, they are already restricted by averages.

I've got no more problem with Coventry signing Pawlicki on his legitimate average (4.00) than I have with them signing Harris, Barker or any other rider on theirs. :rolleyes:

Resting him before the Final was just yet another Rosco masterstroke, just like the way that he used his rides over the 2 legs of the Final. :approve:

Even before their abject performances in the Final, Poole had already made 2 huge mistakes - missing the chance to knock out the Bees in the last meeting of the regular season and then choosing Wolves rather than Peterborough, as I think that the Bees would have had a much tougher route to the Final if they'd had to go to Monmore. :unsure:

Poole had already made 2 huge mistakes - missing the chance to knock out the Bees in the last meeting of the regular season and then choosing Wolves rather than Peterborough, as I think that the Bees would have had a much tougher route to the Final if they'd had to go to Monmore. :unsure:

Bees wouldn't have made the final !

Regards next season ..... I personally don't think Pawlicki will be back on a 4.00 average!

If they opt to give him a new average, maybe they could add his play off scores ;)

I've got no more problem with Coventry signing Pawlicki on his legitimate average (4.00)

Then I hope we won't hear any bleating from you next year when Coventry start the season 2.18 points better off than the rest of us.

Then I hope we won't hear any bleating from you next year when Coventry start the season 2.18 points better off than the rest of us.

Swings and roundabouts,we might hear yet more of your bleating if things dont go your way again,

Is it me or is there something about this thread that reminds anyone of when you get one of those sticky bogeys that you think you've got rid of only for it to appear again somewhere else :unsure:

Good god are you still crapping on about this

Seems that every other Poole fans has moved on but you Steve

Maybe you need another holiday !!!

have they got a Emotion smiley for yawning on here?

I just try to read ColinCooke's posts - puts me to sleep every time.