British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

While he may have a point regarding Pawlicki's starting average for next year, I think that making a fuss and implying that it had a bearing on the play off final does smack of sour grapes to me a bit I'm afraid.

Coventry came to Poole having ridden it only a couple of times during the season and gave us a proper thrashing. The Poole riders have ridden the Poole track week in and week out all year, and in some cases for several years. My point is this, regardless of where Pawlicki road in the Coventry team, Poole should have been able to contain him. We didn't, We bottled it, Coventry were the better team by a country mile.

I have great respect for Matt Ford, what he's done at Poole over the last however many years is great, but whinging about other teams making use of the very rules he has made ample use of in the past just seems churlish to me. Congratulate Coventry and move on.

Good post :approve:

Must admit a pit and kottle have never sprung to my mind. :D

I didn't want you to feel alone in your spelling typos Steve..you've clearly forgotten :rolleyes:

the fact that they could only score ONE MORE POINT at home than away in apprently a spud field may have something to do with pooles loss.

but then what do expect from the blond mullet other than rubbish like this

"matt ford you are talking rubbish, your fired!"

just makes the whole team and the club look like soar moaning losers!

HAVE SOME HUMILITY FOR GODSAKE!

The arrogance from Coventry fans holds no bounds.

They say humility in victory is a sign of class. Coventry have shown no humility whatsoever.

I thought Shovlar's absence for a week would have got over those sour grapes.

Still waiting for his match report...

Nah just like most good w(h)ines they just ferment and get stronger....

Usual sour grapes and whining from Matt Ford when he gets turned over.

You can drop a rider for your number 8 whenever you like. No rules broken, nothing to see here - move along!

Let me get this right ... Coventry were perfectly within their rights as per the rules to replace one of their reserves ( Pawlicki ) with their No8 ( Summers )and are now being vilified by Matt Ford for doing so because such a move held the Pole at reserve for the Play-Offs ? Just what planet is Ford on ? Like Matt Ford would not have done the same thing had the positions been reversed!

Sour Sour Grapes from Matt Ford I believe ....

As for Pawlicki's average next year - 4.00 assessed or 6.18 actual .... if the rule is 12 matches then he should be a 4.00 rider,if it is 8 or more then he should be 6.18 ... simples ! What is the rule ?

Cheers

They say humility in victory is a sign of class.

And grace in defeat, sadly not all Poole fans have displayed such a quality.

Niamh

As for Pawlicki's average next year - 4.00 assessed or 6.18 actual .... if the rule is 12 matches then he should be a 4.00 rider,if it is 8 or more then he should be 6.18 ... simples ! What is the rule ?

I believe it's 12 matches, or if a rider has ridden less than 12 but over 8 then the 8 match average applies if it's higher. Something like that anyway!

Thanks for that. So Adams sees it the same way as Ford and 4 other promoters. Think this loophole will be well and truly sealed at the AGM.

Dear oh dear, Matt Fraud complaining about average manipulation. Madsen starting the season with a 4 average when his Swedish average was given as 6+ but it was in the rules agreed by BSPA, so ok! Coventry use their no' 8 at Swindon & win the meeting, within the rules so ok! Sorry Matt caught out by the game that you are so expert in, so take in on the chin & act like a man. :D:D:D:D

Thanks for that. So Adams sees it the same way as Ford and 4 other promoters. Think this loophole will be well and truly sealed at the AGM.

So that would scupper Poole's team building for 2011. They have created more loopholes than any other team. Take your defeat like a man!

FFS sake, doesn't the whining stop on this forum, how about talking about speedway for a change, who cares what cry baby ford thinks, he's pulled more strokes than Ron Jeremy :shock:

What's the problem?

I would much rather start the season with an understrength side, be bottom of the EL after a few months, bring in some 'big hitters', sneak into the play-offs and pip the season-long favourites to the title.!!! :wink::wink:

Roll on 2011. :D

God sake not something else.to get at the bees.what exactly have we supposed to have done now? :blink: