British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

As a Coventry fan who cried foul last season at Poole, it would be wrong for me to defend Covenntry's action. I am still annoyed about Jordan Frampton's average; he shouldn't have been dragged into it.

I have a problem with Alun Rossiter 'wrapping in cotton wool', everyone will be 'at it' if that is now a reasonable excuse. Did he really compare himself to Sir Alex Ferguson?? Football is different, riders are employed by clubs, speedway tracks do not have this luxury.....

Coventry won the title, and the rule book says it was legit. It is good enough for me and this thread is an attempt to taint the victory.

In the space of three lines of text you have done a complete U Turn. First you say it would be wrong to defend Coventrys actions because you cried foul last year, then you say it is good enough for me (yourself)as an attempt to taint Coventrys victory!

Make your mind up! :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve Shovlar

The rule is NOT there to rest riders on a whim. It is there so that IF there is a clash with a meeting abroad (a Pole riding in a Polish League meeting) or a double up reserve riding for his Premier League club, Then the number 8 should be used.

It is not there to rest a rider to keep his average down and to stop him from reaching 12 meetings and a new average plus moving up into th team. And probably the very reason why Matt Ford alledgedly asked to see Pawlicki's Doctors note.

Steve

Poo le did exactly this last season with Joe Screen in order to manipulate averages and you saw nothing wriong with it then.

What's difference ?

In the space of three lines of text you have done a complete U Turn. First you say it would be wrong to defend Coventrys actions because you cried foul last year, then you say it is good enough for me (yourself)as an attempt to taint Coventrys victory!

Make your mind up! :rolleyes:

I don't agree with resting riders, but if it is in the rulebook, then it is a rule, it might not be sporting which I like to see, but sporting is not necessarily written rules, is it???? After all, I am a paying fan, I want to see the best 14 riders on show (no r/r's, guests or PL riders filling in, riders being wrapped in cotton wool), thats what I call sporting. This is completely contradicted by the rule book.

In 5 or 10 years time, people will forget about how this title was won, about your complaints. It will just be a line in history which say Coventry win in 2010. Poole's 2010 dream team will be a legacy for their failings, rather than Coventry's success. Everytime a team goes away at the top, Pearson will wail, "Remember Poole making a mess of it in 2010".

Regardless, the loss of the title should be blamed on Ward, Holder and King Artur. Can you point me in the direction of your match report which I so keenly follow throughout the course of the season so I can see what you made of them?

How do you plan your team building with the averages you have? Would you like KK back - after all, he won a title y'know? Concentrate on Poole.

Steve

Poo le did exactly this last season with Joe Screen in order to manipulate averages and you saw nothing wriong with it then.

What's difference ?

And what happened? Screen had his average raised and the title race altered from 6 teams to 4. Nothing gained by it.

Should Pawlicki and Coventry gain by him "being wrapped in cotton wool"? If the rules are applied the same, Pawlicki is on 6.18 in 2011.

And what happened? Screen had his average raised and the title race altered from 6 teams to 4. Nothing gained by it.

Should Pawlicki and Coventry gain by him "being wrapped in cotton wool"? If the rules are applied the same, Pawlicki is on 6.18 in 2011.

So basically you are complaining about Pawlicki, because as you didnt get away with it in 2009 you dont feel any other team should get away with either.

I wouldnt worry about Steve its clearly going to get raised at the BSPA AGM as Im sure the vice chair has raised it at one of the recent MC meetings

Belle Vue have set a precedence because they did exactly the same in 2008 with Hougaard. He rode in 11 meetings and came in on a 4 point average in 2009 even though his 11 match average was higher. Don't remember anybody kicking up a fuss about that.

Ah but Belle Vue didn't steal Matts Title :rolleyes: Time to move on, stop feeding the Trolls. :lol:

Remember, Poole just gave up at the end when it was clear the 12 points couldn't be made up.

Gave up, is that in the interests of the sport?!!!!!!!!!

The rule is NOT there to rest riders on a whim. It is there so that IF there is a clash with a meeting abroad (a Pole riding in a Polish League meeting) or a double up reserve riding for his Premier League club, Then the number 8 should be used.

Exactly where in the rules does it say this? Exactly - it doesn't - just the usual sour grapes rubbish being spouted!

Stitched up? Coventry have tried o stitch up the rest of the EL teams by leaving out Pawlicki from the Swindon meeting.

You are right. I do agree he shouldn't come in on a 5 average though. That would be wrong.

It should be 6.18.

It should be 4 - just like Madsen was this season. :rolleyes:

He somehow missed 13 chances to ride his twelfth match. Stitched up? No way - if ever there was a case for the Joe Screen Amendment to be implemented this is it!

:lol:

It does, a number 8 is a squad rider.

There is nothing in the rule book that says you have to use your 1-7 in every meeting.

It gets worse, im agreeing with SCB :lol:

Pawlicki, under the same circumstances as Madsen should retain his 4.00 average (if he isn't given an 11 meeting average) But Do two wrongs make a right?

Think the Bees will be made an example of over this, when clearly Poole gained this season by the same rule.

Is it right? if you make the rule CLEARER then there can be no ambiquity.

The rule is NOT there to rest riders on a whim.

Steve, i take it you can quote that rule that will back up that claim?

Steve

What's difference ?

precisely, nothing.

not at all, they get the same deal that allowed Madsen back on a 4 this season. I think thats fair.

That was because your promoter & team manager decided it was ok to use a facility for him, Coventry did not. Get over yourself loser.icon_lol.gif

Edited by colincooke

That was because your pormoter & team manager decided it was ok to use a facility for him, Coventry did not. Get over yourself loser.icon_lol.gif

Now come on Colin you know better. There's an amendment to the rule book proposed for next season by Fat Maude. "For all future seasons it's OK for Poole to use the rule book to their advantage but any other team operating within the rulebook towards their own advantage, will be villified & brought to book".

Like most issues in speedway, don’t hate the player hate the game.

Coventry have done nothing wrong. The only problem with this will be if Pawlicki is given a 6.18 average next season.

Like most issues in speedway, don’t hate the player hate the game.

Coventry have done nothing wrong. The only problem with this will be if Pawlicki is given a 6.18 average next season.

I certainly don't hate Pawlicki. He is a very good gater so suits Coventry.

There's no problem either. Pawlicki will be on just over 6 for team building plans in 2011. Coventry will be looking around for 3 pointers to fill their reserve berths. Auty and ?

The hot line from Matt to his lapdog must be red hot by now!

The hot line from Matt to his lapdog must be red hot by now!

I guess it's me you are calling a "lapdog".

For your information I haven't actually spoken to Matt since Poole rode the A fixture at Ipswich earlier this season. My thoughts are my own thanks.