British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

The rule actually reads :- In the EL, that Teams #8, or a PL Rider (with a PL CMA of 6.00 or less) and in conformity to SR 18.3. The brackets make a difference or why put them in.

It could be read that the rule means whichever non-facility is used (the team's #8 or a PL guest), he must have a PL CMA of 6 or less.

Take the hypothetical case of a #8 who's PL average has risen to, say, 9.8. In the event of n unauthorised no-show his team can use a rider with a PL average of 9.8 whilst a team without a #8 are restricted to a PL guest of 6 or less. Maybe, maybe not.

Now you're making things up. The rule says, exactly as I posted above, "18.1.5.1 If no facility is applicable then provided it conforms additionally to SR 18.3;

a) In the EL, that Teams #8, or a PL Rider with a PL CMA of 6.00 or less."

There are no brackets, you're seeing things in the same way that you're seeing thing when you claim Coventry are wrong/immoral/using loopholes.

Don't believe me, check out page 43 here.

Anyway, the following rule also apears in the rule book, "18.3.1.1 For a PL Guest or Declared #8; the Riders actual CMA (converted as per SR 17.3.3) will apply, but a Rider whose transfer was subject to SR 17.3.3.1 will have the EL CMA applied and not the converted CMA. The #8 retains the starting CMA when appearing as a declared #8 but not when appearing as a Guest in another Team." - So Aaron ride on his start CMA, that was PL 5.99 or EL 3.00. So he is eligible, even using your imaginary brackets.

So, it's a loop-hole.

The loophole certainly seems to be there to be exploited.

It's not a loop-hole. It's a rule. What part of that don't you grasp.

........but you just said it WAS a loop-hole.

Now you're making things up.

Nope, just quoting the oracle.

Don't believe me, check out page 43

Thread's only up to page 34 - it just SEEMS a lot longer.

Edited by BigFatDave

........but you just said it WAS a loop-hole.

I made a mistake, I was meant to post, "It's not like Coventry have done something thats not mentioned in the rulebook, so it's not a loop-hole, they have just used one of the rules."

Thread's only up to page 34 - it just SEEMS a lot longer.
Looks like you have made a mistake too, as the linked RULEBOOK has 58 pages. Proof we call all get things wrong from time to time ;) Edited by SCB

Kennett probably. How can Harris be on a 7.85 or is that with the British reduction rule?

Looks strong, if I was Ipswich next season I would be worried....

Any particular reason why you've singled Ipswich out?

I made a mistake, Proof we call all get things wrong from time to time ;)

Goodonya SCB! I should quote that on me signature! I owe you a chance to buy me a beer next July! All the Best, BFD!

Edited by BigFatDave

Personally I think this thread is a disgrace and a distraction to the memory of a thrilling and exciting playoff final that had just about everything. Coventry were worthy winners full stop! I think Steve is driven by a desire to be the star of a fading forum and the replies help to inflate his ego further. Your Lord Lucan act after the final gave the forum a clue to how you operate. The Forum theatre openened after the final and you got stagefright! Even the Poole fans on here don't bother to back you anymore. Get over yourself before you implode! :lol:

Poole were totally outgunned over the 2 legs and Pawlicki was just a part of that. The guts of Harris and the determination of his team mates saw the Bees through to a deserved victory. I am no fan of Coventry, but the performance of their riders over the 4 playoff matches was superb and they won on merit.

I admire what Poole have acheived over the last few years and firmly believe that Matt Ford is the best Promoter in Speedway. He has done wonders for his club and has outsmarted his fellow promoters on a number of occasions over the years. He drafted Ales Dryml in for the final at reserve a few years back and bang... Ales scored a 15 point max and Poole won. He has a rider on a false average in his starting line-up most seasons and no doubt there will be a raised eyebrow or two when the 2011 team is announced? Poole have been playing the game for many seasons, but when Rosco shows he is more than a rant or cheesy grin, suddenly all is wrong in the sport. The AGM should be fun this year when eye to eye contact replaces back biting! :)