British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

While he may have a point regarding Pawlicki's starting average for next year, I think that making a fuss and implying that it had a bearing on the play off final does smack of sour grapes to me a bit I'm afraid.

Coventry came to Poole having ridden it only a couple of times during the season and gave us a proper thrashing. The Poole riders have ridden the Poole track week in and week out all year, and in some cases for several years. My point is this, regardless of where Pawlicki road in the Coventry team, Poole should have been able to contain him. We didn't, We bottled it, Coventry were the better team by a country mile.

I have great respect for Matt Ford, what he's done at Poole over the last however many years is great, but whinging about other teams making use of the very rules he has made ample use of in the past just seems churlish to me. Congratulate Coventry and move on.

Splendidly put.

God sake not something else.to get at the bees.what exactly have we supposed to have done now? :blink:

Well we are guilty of beating Poole, a terrible crime....

I think Matt Ford has raised a brilliant point about how easily it is to manipulate the average system. 21st, the point made by Peter Adams was more to do with Adam Skornicki's high average for 2011, he prefers to stick to the intergery of the rules, rather than using them for his own benefit. He uses Pawlicki at Coventry as to why he couldn't allow Adam to miss the 12th meeting.

In the last few years we have seen some blatent 'rule bending' from Poole and Coventry. It seems to be OK if you're own team, but if It's someone else's it's not. Rule Bending is not cheating, It's just making the rules work for you. Therefore, I can't see the BSPA giving Pawlicki his average, but possibly changing the rules to only allow your number 8 to cover if your number 6 or 7 is actually injured, and the case for giving R/R in tha main body of the team examined and not given if the rider is found to be 'taking one for the team'.

Well we are guilty of beating Poole, a terrible crime....

:lol: Well is that all lol.your right a terrible crime tut tut.lol

Can you really understand the intelligence of some posters to start a thread such as this and invite all this derision towards their team, including from their own supporters!! Incredible!! :rolleyes:

Edited by dj350z

Was a formal investigation ever completed/reported in to the Madsen 'silencer-gate'

affair.

I assume he is being closely watched and that his 12 points over the 2 legs were legal

and above board.

Any chance the Poole and Cov fans can go for an extended holiday and leave the rest of us in peace. We don't care!!! :rolleyes::P

How many threads is that regarding the play-off final now? 20? 30? 40? :shock:;)

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Any chance the Poole and Cov fans can go for an extended holiday and leave the rest of us in peace. We don't care!!! :rolleyes::P

How many threads is that regarding the play-off final now? 20? 30? 40? :shock:;)

All the best

Rob

I agree! It's getting really boring now...

It's not really a problem. Coventry didn't use a facility. They can drop a rider and use their no 8 any time they want. Swindon, for example, did the same with Morten Risager and Justin Sedgman a few times. It is, perhaps, a bit sneaky by Coventry but there's nothing wrong with it.

I would, however, expect Pawlicki to be given his higher average for team building next year having had more than 8 matches.

C'mon Grachan, you're flaling in with the "well something a bit like this happened, so this must be how it works" brigade!

The rule is as follows,

17.4.1.2 Where a Team has been issued with new CMA’s as per SR 17.1.1.1 which includes Riders who have not achieved 12 fixtures but have ridden in a minimum of 8, then a new CMA will be used in the case of a re-declaration if the new CMA is higher.
17.1.1.1 EL & PL Teams completing 12 applicable fixtures, which must include a minimum of 5 home fixtures will have CMA’s calculated that become effective 7 days after that 12th fixture

For the NL 3 home and 3 away Meetings is the qualification.

Now as I know you'll see, and hopefully Matt Ford and his band of merry men will see, there is nothing there that allows Shamek to be 6.2 next season. The team won't have had 12 meetings, thus Shamek will be on his GSA for team building, not an intermediary 8-11 meeting average, as, he will not have had 8-11 meetings in 2011!

The arrogance from Coventry fans holds no bounds.

They say humility in victory is a sign of class. Coventry have shown no humility whatsoever.

They also say there's nothing worse than a sore loser.

Also,

18.1.5.1 If no facility is applicable then provided it conforms additionally to SR 18.3;

a) In the EL, that Teams #8, or a PL Rider with a PL CMA of 6.00 or less.

We were not allowed a facility, so, we used our number 8 to replace Shamek. But anyway, Shamek has 3 broken bones in his thumb, so we could have had a facility, which, incidently is, our number 8 according to the rules.

Coventry used the rules to there advantage. the problem here isn't what coventry did it's the rules themselves and if i'm not mistaken isn't Matt Ford a member of the committee that sets out the rules and regs for the season

What a load of utter cack, Pawlicki had a genuinely injured thumb as everybody saw from Peterborugh in the semi- final, time a few idiots wound their heads in, including those on the B.S. P.A.mad.gif

Edited by colincooke

COVENTRY RESPOND

ROSCO RESPONDS

Thursday 14 October 2010

COVENTRY manager Alun Rossiter has assured defeated Grand Finalists Poole that they will not rain on the Buildbase Bees' homecoming parade at Brandon on Friday.

Rossiter has fired back at the Pirates after a programme article suggested the reason for the Bees' 22-point aggregate victory was because they were not in the "right riding order."

Pirates promoter Matt Ford made his comments ahead of their KO Cup semi-final win over Peterborough, and was clearly irked by Przemyslaw Pawlicki's absence from the Bees line-up for their win at Swindon in a 'dead-rubber' fixture on September 16.

Ford pointed out that had Pawlicki ridden at Blunsdon, he would have completed enough meetings to be given a new average and would therefore have swapped places in the Coventry team with Richard Sweetman.

But Rossiter has accused the Pirates' chief of "sour grapes" - and believes that Poole themselves, as well as the other five Elite League promoters who have apparently "voiced their concerns" would have taken exactly the same strategy to protect a rider who has been one of the finds of the season.

Rossiter said: "It's a real shame to read these comments from someone who I had a lot of respect for, and it makes me disappointed because nobody can show me the rulebook and tell me what I did wrong. This will be my only response, but I do have to lay out the facts.

"It was my decision to rest Pawlicki at Swindon, and I hadn't even mentioned a sicknote. He wasn't 100 per cent fit, and I could have provided a sicknote for him - but the referee told me I didn't need one, because we were using our No.8 Aaron Summers, in accordance with rule 18.1.5.1. I seem to recall the discussion of that rule coming up after a certain other club rode for part of last season without a No.8!

"Pawlicki crashed three times in Germany the previous weekend - fact. I was doing what any good manager would have done - protecting my prized asset ahead of several much more important meetings than a meaningless fixture at Swindon, which by the way we won, using our No.8 who scored paid-six. We did not track a weakened team there.

"We didn't seek a facility and we didn't try to manufacture something. Obviously we didn't want to take the risk of him getting another knock at Swindon and I challenge Matt to say in all honesty that he wouldn't have done exactly the same thing. If he says no, he needs to look in the mirror.

"It's just like Sir Alex Ferguson resting a player who's carrying an injury from a less-important game if he has a big Final on the horizon. We acted within the rulebook all the way, and it was my decision to wrap Pawlicki up in cotton wool.

"I wouldn't have been able to do that if the cut-off for the play-offs had been extended by a week as we had requested so that everyone would have done 32 matches. I would have had to have risked him, and that of course would have guaranteed him getting a new average, but it was decided not to have the cut-off extended.

"Richard had gone into our top five on merit, with an average of over five, and in his seven rides in the Grand Final he scored in all but one of them, beating a Poole rider each time.

"It's just disappointing that when you have such sportsmanship from the Poole manager Neil Middleditch and their captain Davey Watt, who were fulsome in their congratulations, you then get a sour grapes reaction like this.

"I haven't ever said that I didn't feel Poole were the best team across the regular Elite League season. They were, and the table shows it. But we were the best team in the play-offs, and that's what wins you the title. I know what it's like to lose the Final after finishing top last season, I've tried hard to win it for many years and we all know the system before we start.

"There's always one rider who slips through the network, and fortunately for Coventry this year it was Pawlicki. Last year it was Kevin Wolbert at Edinburgh - he came in, did eleven matches, helped them win the Premier League play-offs and this year he's helped them win the League.

"It's time to move on. We have come from nowhere to win the title in true style with a fairytale comeback, it's one of the greatest stories ever seen in speedway, and come rain or shine roll on Friday when we parade the trophy at Brandon."

What a load of utter cack, Pawlicki had a genuinely injured thumb as everybody saw from Peterborugh in the semi- final, time a few idiots wound their heads in, including those on the B.S. P.A.mad.gif

Gullible. :rolleyes:

So we all imagined Pawlicki riding and winning in Poland then. If he was injured what was he doing riding in an individual meeting, and winning it?