British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

Buxton V Dudley Play Off 17/10

No one started a thread for this meeting. It will be a hard meeting for both teams Buxton will have to be at their best to hold off the heathens who must be feeling they have a chance of pulling back the ten points. With Smarty back and full of confidence after last weeks result at Buxton they must be in with a shout but Cookie and the boys will no dout feel that ten points will be enough for them to come out on top.And they stay on course for a cleen sweep of the trophy cup and league in what is the most successful season in the clubs history. :rolleyes:

Mod Note : PLEASE remember to put dates in meeting topic titles

i reckon on a win for the heathens agen but feel we may fall a couple of points short for overall victory.but you never know.come on the lads

No one started a thread for this meeting. It will be a hard meeting for both teams Buxton will have to be at their best to hold off the heathens who must be feeling they have a chance of pulling back the ten points. With Smarty back and full of confidence after last weeks result at Buxton they must be in with a shout but Cookie and the boys will no dout feel that ten points will be enough for them to come out on top.And they stay on course for a cleen sweep of the trophy cup and league in what is the most successful season in the clubs history. :rolleyes:

Mod Note : PLEASE remember to put dates in meeting topic titles

According to the Buxton facebook site it sounds like Morris isnt riding either.

This certainly swings things back Dudleys way.

Junior

Edited by junior fan

can not beleive the lack of interest in this topic. come on buxton and dudley fans comment or do u all think its all over. :blink:

No its definitely not all over and I'm sure both teams will be going for it as a final spot is up for grabs. Hoping the Hitmen can do it but it isn't going to be an easy match.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Looking forward to this meeting. Should be interesting to see how the teams match up again after that tight encounter last week. With Cookie back, the Hitmen are strengthened as Ashley Birks only scored 1 last week (still gave it everything though, so cheers Ashley). The Nick Morris R/R scored 9 for Buxton, which with the same riders available again, the Hitmen should be able to replicate. For the Heathens, Lee Smart's R/R scored 7, which he should improve on. All in all it adds up to an intriguing encounter, but hopefully not quite as close as last week, the fingernails just won't take another finish like that! :)

Full updates available as always through the Buxton Twitter page.

It will be an interesting meeting but the bottom end looks far stronger for Buxton, i expect our top four to be at least equal to The Hitmen, but Tom will struggle around the outside <as ALL riders do> at High Edge maybe time for Tom to try some inside lines there but his gating HAS to be sharper,Richard is not getting out of the gate there, and Ash if he has a good day well he could make it very interesting,Just remember guys inside to middle lines ONLY around High Edge; so come on guys we can do it,but it is going to be very,very tough.

For Buxton, last week Robert was there MOM, "The Wild One" again looks to be the Ace in the pack for The Hitmen, and Cookie will be Cookie, but Adam and Robert have a very important part to play, summary if ANY top rider for either Team struggles today, then the odds will shift to the other team, but Buxton have that all important 10 point cushion.

Oh one final observation, will we have excessive watering of the Track prior to racing commencing, as i thought happened last week.

Edited by greyhoundp

If you were there today GreyhoundP hope you noted the passes around the outside :D It can be done if you are good enough.

Great meeting today and plenty of good racing and passing too. Was great to have Cookie back and he led from the front, bringing the boys home in fine style. Highlight for me though was when Lewis Dallaway jumped out in Heat 12 and combined with Jason Garrity for a 5-1 - that for me was the race which clinched the tie for the Hitmen. Looking forward to the Final, though I'm praying it's not on 31st October, as I can't get that day off work.

i must have been at a different meeting.well done to buxton thougherly deserved win and hope they go onto the double.however i saw very little passing after the first bends.maybe we are spoiled at monmore but this was not great speedway in my view.i reckon a newcomer to there first meeting today wouldnt return in a hurry.honestly this is not sour grapes as i say hope buxton go on to the double,they deserve it

Off the top of my head, I can remember Jason Garrity overtaking Lee Smart going into bend 3 on lap 1 of Heat 1 - your very own Jake Anderson stalked and passed Robert Branford on Bend 3 of Lap 3 in Heat 3 (with both riders in a photo finish as they crossed the line), and Craig Cook passed Barrie Evans on bend 3 on lap 2 of Heat 15. I'm sure there was more overtaking but old age is affecting my memory. There was plenty of close racing too(which can be equally exciting) - with Lee Smart involved in two cracking tussles with Robert Branford then Adam Allott. Rob Branford and Ashley Morris were also involved in a great tussle in the first running of Heat 9 before it was stopped). I appreciate Monmore is a good track for overtaking, and enjoyed Buxton's two visits there, but I enjoyed the racing today, and thought both teams really gave it 100% contributing to an intriguing and exciting clash.

As a wry observation, after last weeks defeat and the way Dudley were pegging us back today, I half joked with the people around me that we would be better off riding all four legs at Monmore after our victories there. :)

Edited by Killer Cat from Mars

Whooooooo Jayne, of course i was there, its not about wether or not you are good enough, Jake last place in one race yet in another race he passed Robert,Lee didnt pass once,Ht2 jason could only come third <take it he is not good enough> when he missed the gate, I would hazard a guess if you asked your riders which Track they would prefer to race on week in week out, the majority would say Monmore. I stick by MY opinion High Edge is not an Ideal Track to pass on. Today as in three out of four recent meetings Buxton were the better Team, and deserved the win.

Any way good luck to Buxton versus Newport, may the best Team win, i have no preferences. I hate my Team to lose no matter what its for or who its against, today was no different

well done to the hitmen on a great winn Dudley were unlucky to loose Tom Perry in his first ride but Buxton also lost Bethell .It was not a lucky number 3 today .How will Buxton go on if Bethell is out for playoffs because think no guest allowed in this league. :blink: