British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

Buxton V Dudley Play Off 17/10

I'm sure if you ask any rider he would tell you the same,"GOT TO MAKE THE GATE".It's a lovely setting but the track is crap.It's full of holes and the way they watered it was a joke.The home straight was wet when I got there but bends 1 and 2 were as dry as bone.If the track was a track where you could pass "if you were good enough" why did the two number ones only manage one win,surely they are good enough riders to overtake.Also how did cookie and garrity get rider of the day,they won one race each,personally i'd have give it to allott.Anyway good luck to Buxton and hope we can have some more meeting next year against you.

Perhaps the rider of the day is not chosen because of the amount of wins he attains, but for other factors,i.e.entertainment value,determination etc. Garrity is surely watchable if nothing else!

As for the track being "crap", as they say ...its the same for both sides. Dudley had a meeting there last week so should have at least got their set ups right. One can never account for the weather at Buxton, it being the highest track in England and I think this affects engine set up a little.

As for overtaking perhaps you have been unlucky,as I have had some of the most entertaining meetings up there with plenty of excitement. I have also been to Wolves on numerous occasions and cant really say the same.

However we feel about each others track merits, lets at least be grateful that we can still attend them and pass comment.

As for" making the gate", that skill certainly helps in Speedway, whichever track you ride.

Edited by godmother

Even if Buxton is a crap track, it´s still better than Dudleys :P

Even if Buxton is a crap track, it´s still better than Dudleys :P

Great Quote - not, lets just hope your track never closes down maybe you will be :P on the other side of your face then.

Squall

Even if Buxton is a crap track, it´s still better than Dudleys

Yes i note the :P Tongue in cheek but none the less, I still hold to my Opinion about the track, i have been to all The Heathens meetings <at buxton> including the rained off one, I didnt blame ANY Track conditions for our defeats, the better team won.I have been to Dream team meetings, Under 15,s meetings over the years at Buxton, so this was by no means my first visit to Buxton.

Great Quote - not, lets just hope your track never closes down maybe you will be :P on the other side of your face then.

If 1 or both of my tracks close down I wouldn´t slate tracks that still exist, I´d be glad that even the "crap tracks" keep speedway alive (yes, even Stoke :blink:)