British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
willp

Dudley Heathens Vs. Stoke Spitfires 19/10/10

HUGELY popular Dudley Heathens Speedway duo Tom Perry and Micky Dyer will mix with the fans at Tuesdays Staffordshire Cup tie with Stoke at Wolverhamptons Monmore Green Stadium (7.30).

The pair have been ruled out of the meeting but both will be in the pits to help their colleagues in the first leg tie with the return at Loomer Road on Saturday.

Its the last home meeting of the season for the success story of British racing. The former Cradley club have pulled in a massive following with the ultimate aim of finding land for a new stadium in the Dudley area.

All accompanied children aged 15 and under will be admitted free of charge, season tickets are valid and fans buying a souvenir programme will be handed a free Heathens team poster.

Perry and Dyer will make a personal appearance at the track shop during the interval to personally sign copies of the poster and any merchandise purchased from the shop.

Said Perry: Im gutted I cant ride and the wrist is throbbing, but perhaps not as bad as first thought.

Its my left hand so I can sign autographs with my right, no problem, and Micky and me look forward to catching up with the fans.

The full Heathens line-up will also saw their 2010 farewell speeches at the end of the meeting.

Boss Will Pottinger said: Its been an amazing season and we look forward to a night of celebration on Tuesday.

We are top of the National League, and we reached the semi-finals of the play-offs and Knockout Cup thats beyond all our expectations.

We look forward to welcoming all our fans and no doubt a few Stoke fans will make the trip down the M6.

Stoke include Great Britain international Adam Roynon in the number one position and he is sure to be the man to beat.

Heathens have named number eight rider Daryl Ritchings at reserve and Buxtons Rob Branford deputises in the main body of the team as a guest.

HEATHENS: Lee Smart, Richard Franklin, Robert Branford, Jake Anderson, Barrie Evans, Ashley Morris, Darryl Ritchings.

STOKE: Adam Roynon, Lewis Kerr, Ashley Birks, Steve Worrall, Darren Mallett, Richie Worrall, Jaimie Pickard.

Edited by willp

Can anyone tell me the weather at the minute in Wolverhampton. Its monsoon like in Brum and was hoping to get to this.

Taken from the Dudley website.

TONIGHT IS ON!

TUESDAY 19 OCTOBER 2010

DUDLEY Heathens are keen to emphasise tonight's Staffordshire Cup tie with Stoke at Monmore Green is ON (7.30).

The weather forecast has so far proved to be correct with heavy showers due to clear the region by 5pm to leave a dry evening.

Heathens Chairman Nigel Pearson said: "We are making every effort to ensure our wonderful supporters get the chance to see the boys in home action one last time after what has been a wonderful season.

"We will give the meeting every chance to run and if the situation changes we will issue a further update. But the message is, the meeting is ON."