British Speedway Forum

Now the Brummies Season is over I thought I would start this with a view to next season. Firstly its great to start this, now we have full planning permission, at least that Black Cloud has gone from the club. :approve:

There has obviously been a lot happening over the past 2-3 weeks in regards to the future with Gary Patchett leaving. We know the club is in very safe hands in Tony Mole, theres no-one better experienced in running this club. The Question is will he run it himself or will others come on or will Mick Bratley stay on. To be honest we can speculate untill the cows come home about this but only Tony knows what his plans are and he will let us know in good time. What I do think needs to happen is this to be resolved before the AGM as every year we see teams get stuck in to team building straight away.

Then the question is whether Graham and Denise will stay at the club. I think both of them have been fantastic for Birmingham Speedway over the past four years. He said he has to sit down with Tony to discuss his future. I hope Graham stays on I really do, but this also needs to be decided ASAP so the club can move forward. Once we know then the club can move forward to the bright future we know we have.

Looking ahead to next years team, I guess we could be looking a different team with a change of promotion. If we didnt have a stupid points limit then I would love to see them all back but that obviously wont be the case. Of the team that finished the season, I think only Jason Lyons is a Birmingham Asset. I think it would be unthinkable not to have Jason as the first rider signed, he is a legend of Birmingham Speedway. He was widely wrote off during the close season and many fans said he would drop his average even though his average was only 8.02.

Whilst the other 2010 Brummies arnt our riders it would be good if we good get some of them back on loan. I would say its unlikely that Aaron Summers will return as hes owned by Edinburgh and I can see him riding there next year. Chris Kerr is a Wolves rider and with a very attractive average he is surely to be in many PL Promotors minds but I do hope Chris returns. I dont know about Johno, he dropped his average alot and seemed to get passed on the outside far too much. He would offer alot to the younger rides but I thought Johno was a disapointment this year to be honest. I certaintly wouldnt mind Sweetman, Sedgmen and Newman coming back on loan next year.

The likes of Ludvig Lindgren, Rusty Harrison, Paul Clews are Brummies assets that might be considered too. Oh and fellow Brummies fans lets not forget Brent Werner and Mattia Carpenese too :oops: . A rider I would love to see is Micky Dyer, think the kid has alot of raw talent on a bike if a little wild at times. Probably an Understatement :lol: but I love his riding style. Also I think Kyle Legault has unfinished business here after his crash, I think he will return sometime in the future not saying it will be in 2011 but we can always hope. :wink:

Whatever team we have it will be competitive thats for sure. It might not be as expensive as this years but it doesnt mean we cant challenge and win honours. We have a future now and its about building towards that, that is most important. We challenged before Gary Patchett came and I firmly believe we will in 2011 with Tony back in charge.

So its sure to be a fasinating winter, Cant Wait to March already !!! :approve:

Edited by Brummie Kev

It looks extremely likely that we will see a very very different team BK, only Jason Lyons is a Brummies asset,It would be nice to see some of the riders back in 2011 though.

I wonder if, given that he's now 40, JL will hang up his kevs and settle down back in Oz with Mrs Lyons?

If this were to happen (and I've heard nothing to say it may), who could possibly come close to filling the Legend's boots?

As a Brummie asset, James Wright would have to be worth a pop (on 9.38 I believe)........

........or (whisper it) The Fish, cos he only lives up the road??????

I wonder if, given that he's now 40, JL will hang up his kevs and settle down back in Oz with Mrs Lyons?

From What I understand Jason has no plans to retire CH,He is looking to continue racing for a while yet.

From What I understand Jason has no plans to retire CH,He is looking to continue racing for a while yet.

Good man. :approve: :approve:

Mr Drury sounded down on the Birmingham BBC interview last week.

In 4 seasons Mr Drury has given his best promoting the Birmingham Brummies but since 2007 - 10 has won nothing apart from a 4 team tournament, yet spouted that Birmingham were a force in speedway terms - ie Tom Ross interviews on commercial radio?

When it came to the crunch the Brummies seemed to always lack in major Premier Lge competition finals.

So where does Perry Barr go, maybe one more season with MR Mole, or will finances look at the Heathens and there cash returns with the support from the black country, Is it possible that the Brummies and the Heathens could switch codes in 2011?

An interesting winter awaits????

Is it possible that the Brummies and the Heathens could switch codes in 2011?

Switch codes??? Enigma codes... Post codes.... ?

In 4 seasons Mr Drury has given his best promoting the Birmingham Brummies but since 2007 - 10 has won nothing apart from a 4 team tournament, yet spouted that Birmingham were a force in speedway terms - ie Tom Ross interviews on commercial radio?

2009 Premier League Pairs :oops:

To say Graham spouted off is really complete nonsense. We are a big club, I accept we havent won a 1-7 team trophy but we have only been back 4 seasons. Over many years greast riders rode for this club and the club has a long distingushed history, what do you expect Graham to say. If I heard Graham talking down the Brummies I would very disapointed, he has never done that and why should he.

Edited by Brummie Kev

Stansolo have you been listening to Talk Sport or something?, B'ham go NL & Dudley PL ? If you want to close down the Brummies then that is the route to go.

How about this team/s:

1. Jason Lyons 9.17

2. Richard Sweetman 7.68

3. Rusty Harrison 6.92

4. Paul Clews 5.51 (2.5% reduction)

5. Chris Kerr 5.47

6. Kyle Newman 3.61 (2.5% reduction) OR Klaus Jakobsen 4.70

7. Tom Perry 3.00

Total: 41.36 OR 42.45

Without a Team Manager in place, I dont know if the 2011 side has even been dicussed but this is the side I would would like. I guess Tony would want to use some of the clubs assetts, we have a small assett base but the likes of Paul Clews and Rusty Harrison are. To not have Jason Lyons back for his fifth season would be unthinkable and he too is of course a Brummies Assett. I would love to see Richard back, I really think he can improve that average to 9+ next year without a doubt. An improvement in average could be said for Kyle Newman and I think every Brummies fan would be delighted to see him return. However he isnt our assett and I guess other clubs would be interested too. He would certaintly be my fist choice for the No6 postion but if not then I wouldnt mind seeing Klaus return. He showed during his brief stint that he could do a good job and is an alternative option if Kyle doesnt return.

The one Brummies Assett Ive omitted from that side is Ludvig Lindgren, he took the risk to move up last winter and put a point on his El starting average. Would he come back on on his 2009 average which is 6.06 or double his 2010 El average. Even still I think its very unlikely to see him drop back down to race for the Brummies in 2011. However he is a Brummies Assett and I hope Tony can strike some sort of deal with Wolves. The rider we would love to see back is Chris Kerr he is a Wolves Asset and looking at the 'Wolverhampton 2011 thread' it seems alot of their fans want Ludde back. So surely its logical that an arrangement could be made with Wolves regarding Ludvig and Chris. Chris himself has expressed a desire to return next year and lives locally.

How about this team/s:

1. Jason Lyons 9.17

2. Richard Sweetman 7.68

3. Rusty Harrison 6.92

4. Paul Clews 5.51 (2.5% reduction)

5. Chris Kerr 5.47

6. Kyle Newman 3.61 (2.5% reduction) OR Klaus Jakobsen 4.70

7. Tom Perry 3.00

Total: 41.36 OR 42.45

Without a Team Manager in place, I dont know if the 2011 side has even been dicussed but this is the side I would would like. I guess Tony would want to use some of the clubs assetts, we have a small assett base but the likes of Paul Clews and Rusty Harrison are. To not have Jason Lyons back for his fifth season would be unthinkable and he too is of course a Brummies Assett. I would love to see Richard back, I really think he can improve that average to 9+ next year without a doubt. An improvement in average could be said for Kyle Newman and I think every Brummies fan would be delighted to see him return. However he isnt our assett and I guess other clubs would be interested too. He would certaintly be my fist choice for the No6 postion but if not then I wouldnt mind seeing Klaus return. He showed during his brief stint that he could do a good job and is an alternative option if Kyle doesnt return.

The one Brummies Assett Ive omitted from that side is Ludvig Lindgren, he took the risk to move up last winter and put a point on his El starting average. Would he come back on on his 2009 average which is 6.06 or double his 2010 El average. Even still I think its very unlikely to see him drop back down to race for the Brummies in 2011. However he is a Brummies Assett and I hope Tony can strike some sort of deal with Wolves. The rider we would love to see back is Chris Kerr he is a Wolves Asset and looking at the 'Wolverhampton 2011 thread' it seems alot of their fans want Ludde back. So surely its logical that an arrangement could be made with Wolves regarding Ludvig and Chris. Chris himself has expressed a desire to return next year and lives locally.

that team dont do it for me I,m afraid..

Risager is 100% PL bound for 2011 and i have heard on numerous occasions that Birmingham would be his preferred destination.

:lol: :lol:

Surprised no one has mentioned Johnston. I never got an answer on a previous thread, but is he now actually a Birmingham asset then? At the start of the year we were told he was brought from Somerset, but we were also told Birmingham brought Newman.

Surely Birmingham are looking at Lyons and if he's an asset, Johnston as the teams top 2?