British Speedway Forum

Birmingham's in the safest of hands with Tony Mole, he's not in the business of shutting speedway tracks down. If he thinks moving to the Elite is the right move then you can be sure it is.

I think Birmingham is just what the Elite League needs and the Elite League is what Birmingham needs.

Will Jason Lyons return to the Brummies in the EL ?

IF B'ham do go Elite it would be very unlikley Jason Lyons would move back up but he may change his mind.He said last year that he would not go Elite Full time.

Will Jason Lyons return to the Brummies in the EL ?

Millen,check out post 53 on this thread. ;)

If we end up with a number one who, in EL terms, is as strong and as popular as our Jase, then I reckon a lot of peeps will be happy as Larry come March 2011.

It's the short*rses who won't be able to see over the air fence that'll be peed off!! ;)

Edited by czechhero

If PL hasn't attracted the crowds that Brum need to run perhaps EL is worth a punt. Hope it all works out whether or not it's happening.

Birmingham's in the safest of hands with Tony Mole, he's not in the business of shutting speedway tracks down. If he thinks moving to the Elite is the right move then you can be sure it is.

I think Birmingham is just what the Elite League needs and the Elite League is what Birmingham needs.

I would say that the first half of that statement is true and the second half less so, Particularly if Ippo has really left for the PL. I just hope that if this is true (and I hope its not to be honest) that we have negotiated some favourable entry conditions. Given that we have to re-apply for Planning Permision in two years if the new silencers dont come in I would have thought some guarentee's on that issue would be the minimum, along with financial help for a new air-fence and solutions for the viewing that this causes.

I was looking forward to 2011, but not so much now if this rumour turns out to be true. Saw some good racing in the PL in 2010 and I liked seeing different teams each week. Riders may be better in the EL, but does not follow that the quality of racing is better. In fact, the EL meetings on Sky were so poor in 2010, I stopped watching on a Monday night until the play-offs.

I was looking forward to 2011, but not so much now if this rumour turns out to be true. Saw some good racing in the PL in 2010 and I liked seeing different teams each week. Riders may be better in the EL, but does not follow that the quality of racing is better. In fact, the EL meetings on Sky were so poor in 2010, I stopped watching on a Monday night until the play-offs.

Hopefully these rumours will be just that,and Birmingham will still be a PL team next season.The EL is a mess and one AGM wont solve the problems they have,IMO it would be better for Birmingham to move up when the EL is just that elite,and right now its anything but.

Birmingham will be in the Elite league in 2011 and the new number one will be Hans Anderson much to the annoyance of Coventry who thought they had agreed a deal for him to go to Brandon and Richard Sweetman will be staying at Perry Barr talks are ongoing with Jason Lyons as needs to decide whether he wants to step up

Three tier structure remains in place, Elite, Premier and National Leagues.

ELITE LEAGUE

Now includes Birmingham who have exchanged league membership with Ipswich, league numbers are not finalised consequently fixture planning has been deferred.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Still consists of 14 members including new additions Ipswich and Leicester, who have replaced Stoke. The Potters will apply to join the National league at that league’s AGM in December.

The league continues with the third year of it’s 3 year plan for teambuilding with a 42.50 team building limit.

The Premier Trophy and Young Shield competitions do not continue in 2011.

The Premier League Championship involves each club racing 19 home and 19 away fixtures.

PREMIER LEAGUE KO CUP DRAW

Scunthorpe v Ipswich, Sheffield v Edinburgh, Redcar v Workington, Somerset v Kings Lynn, Rye House v Newcastle, Leicester v Glasgow. 1st Round byes - Berwick and Newport.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

This league will hold it’s own AGM in December.

GENERAL

Official Posts ratified so far:

The 2010 Management Committee to remain en-bloc with Rob Godfrey to replace Graham Drury as the Premier League reserve member

SRBF Secretary – Paul Ackroyd

SCB Representatives, Chris Van Straaten and Alex Harkess

Super 7even Co-ordinator – David Hoggart

Commenting on this year’s AGM, BSPA Chairman Alex Harkess said: "This has been a tough year for British Speedway which has called for harmony and some compromise from our members, we have seen a tremendous amount of goodwill extended between clubs and leagues so that we can look forward to 2011 with optimism.

"The potential to expand or consolidate the Elite League still remains and will be finalised before the end of the year."

Bye Bye PL. It was good being here and gonna miss you.

Very, very sorry to see Birmingham depart the Premier League in which they and their fans have been tremendous assets.

I wish them all the best of luck in the Elite League and hope they are as appreciated there as they were in the Premier League.