Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Buxton V King's Lynn (koc Final)

Looking forward to this meeting as much, if not more, than any other I've been to this season.

Let's hope the long range weather forecast isn't right, and that we are blessed with a sun drenched day for this showcase event. It's a meeting that deserves all the right elements and a BUMPER crowd.

Would someone at Buxton please be kind enough to confirm the start time? I know it's usually 3.00pm, but with the nights fast pulling in, I wondered if you'd opted for an earlier start time.

Thanks.

Looking forward to this meeting as much, if not more, than any other I've been to this season.

Let's hope the long range weather forecast isn't right, and that we are blessed with a sun drenched day for this showcase event. It's a meeting that deserves all the right elements and a BUMPER crowd.

Would someone at Buxton please be kind enough to confirm the start time? I know it's usually 3.00pm, but with the nights fast pulling in, I wondered if you'd opted for an earlier start time.

Thanks.

Start time is indeed 3pm.

This really should be a comfortable win for Buxton over the two legs but it will be interesting to see how the Young Stars handle the pressure of a final. Will be great experience for the likes of Jake & Lewis.

Looking forward to the second leg next Wednesday.

Not quiet sure its going to be the walk in the park your predicting Baggpuss.

With Nick Morris buggering off home early, and a few injury worries might be a close run thing.

And looking at the fixtures Craig Cook might be elsewhere too.

Junior

Has some sunshine been ordered for Sundays meeting? At least we can watch from the car if it is cold. Hope to see lots of support for the young stars at Buxton :)

Not quiet sure its going to be the walk in the park your predicting Baggpuss.

With Nick Morris buggering off home early, and a few injury worries might be a close run thing.

And looking at the fixtures Craig Cook might be elsewhere too.

Junior

Why has Morris gone home when the club that gave the lad his chance in uk still have a final to race,seems bad form to me that

Edited by montie

Why has Morris gone home when the club that gave the lad his chance in uk still have a final to race,seems bad for to me that

Shows how commited to the NDL Aussie riders are...not!

All year round Speedway. Get paid for team riding in the UK and then go and ride all winter in individuals in Oz even before the end of the UK season.

I think that Aussie riders are only it it for themselves - they don't give a fig about the promoters who gave them a chance, their fellow teammates, their sponsers, or British supporters...

Shows how commited to the NDL Aussie riders are...not!

All year round Speedway. Get paid for team riding in the UK and then go and ride all winter in individuals in Oz even before the end of the UK season.

I think that Aussie riders are only it it for themselves - they don't give a fig about the promoters who gave them a chance, their fellow teammates, their sponsers, or British supporters...

Not really fair to tar them all with the same brush, there are plenty of Aussies that give their all and are 100% committed to their cause. Nick had his reasons and I'm not getting into the whys and wherefores of it all. However, the fact remains that some riders are more committed to their respective clubs than others in all three leagues regardless of nationality.

Any news on the line-up's for Sunday?

Hopefully the Young Stars will be lining up something like this:

Simon Lambert

Lewis Kerr

Cal McDade

Adam Lowe

Darren Mallett

Scott Campos

Jake Knight

Didn't realise that Nick Morris had gone home and with Craig Cook possibly at Rye House on Sunday with Workington, that gives us a fighting chance :unsure:

Simon Lambert

Lewis Kerr

Cal McDade

Adam Lowe

Darren Mallett

Scott Campos Oliver Rayson

Jake Knight

Didn't realise that Nick Morris had gone home and with Craig Cook possibly at Rye House on Sunday with Workington, that gives us a fighting chance :unsure:

Edited by screamer

Looking forward to this meeting - hope we have Cookie available, all depends on the result of the Scunny-Worky meeting tonight. Would have preferred the second leg, but let's hope the Hitmen can build up a 15-20 point lead to take to Lynn on Wednesday. Buxton beat Lynn by 16 earlier in the year using a guest for Craig Cook and R/R for Nick Morris, so maybe lightning is going to strike twice! ;)

Edited by Killer Cat from Mars

Hope the weather stays fine for this big meeting. Can't be there due to the STR meeting at KL but best wishes to the KL Young Stars and I hope they get a big enough lead to draw the crowds for next Wednesday at the NA. One would think so with it being the last meeting at the NA this year apart from some amateur meetings.

To young Mimmo, the most faithful, enthusiastic and most vocal KL Young Stars supporter, a word of advice. Don't dally too long with the tarts in Bakewell. Too much of a good thing can make you ill!!!

Martin Widman

Looking forward to this meeting - hope we have Cookie available, all depends on the result of the Scunny-Worky meeting tonight. Would have preferred the second leg, but let's hope the Hitmen can build up a 15-20 point lead to take to Lynn on Wednesday. Buxton beat Lynn by 16 earlier in the year using a guest for Craig Cook and R/R for Nick Morris, so maybe lightning is going to strike twice! wink.gif

Workington are through to the Young Shield final

Simon Lambert

Lewis Kerr

Cal McDade

Adam Lowe

Darren Mallett

Scott Campos

Jake Knight

At Newport last Sunday I'm sure Mallett was at No4 with Lowe at No5. But either way AFAIK thats the 7 riders.

So I take it Buxton will have the guest option for Cookie :unsure: seeing as he'll be at Rye House now riding for Workington in the YS Final as the Comets beat Scunthorpe this evening.

Afraid Money stops me going this Sunday :(, but hopefully they'll be sum sort of Updates from the Track & I'll be there next Wednesday for the return Leg. Good luck to both teams, I'm sure these KO Cup Final meetings will be a great showpiece for the NL :D

Kings Lynn Poultec Young Stars will line up as follows

1. Simon Lambert

2. Oliver Rayson

3. Lewis Kerr

4. Darren Mallett

5. Adam Lowe

6. Cal McDade

7. Jake Knight