Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I HATE THE RAIN

King's Lynn 2011

I'm surprised by the lack of official reaction to the AGM from the Stars promotion. Most teams have released something for their fans. Nothing on our website or Facebook page. Even that hasn't been updated since pre-AGM and that doesn't exactly take long to do. Things have certainly gone down hill in that respect. We were always the first to get information out to people, publishing press releases and arranging supporters meetings. Surely there must be something to tell us, even if it's just sledging that mob from over the border.

I've always thought the communication from the club with supporters has been pretty poor in all honesty. I try to keep my unofficial website as up-to-date as I can wherever possible, even if it means me going out and finding some news online somewhere else myself. I'd suspect that there is nothing to tell us :wink: I see once again that Rye House have completely sorted out their 1-7 already before anyone else has! That's pretty good going if you ask me.

I've always thought the communication from the club with supporters has been pretty poor in all honesty. I try to keep my unofficial website as up-to-date as I can wherever possible, even if it means me going out and finding some news online somewhere else myself. I'd suspect that there is nothing to tell us :wink: I see once again that Rye House have completely sorted out their 1-7 already before anyone else has! That's pretty good going if you ask me.

But up until this season just gone we used to get weekly emails about the upcoming fixture and news from the conference, this season however it's been sporadic to say the least and no communication since before the AGM :blink:

It's very odd.

I think the communication used to be up there with the best (spelling mistakes aside) but it has gone downhill fast. We were always innovative (Stars TV etc) but it's all just gone to pot. Now it's no press releases and a web site badly out of date. I know what it takes to keep these things updated and it seems that they are spreading themselves to thin with the football club commitments.

But up until this season just gone we used to get weekly emails about the upcoming fixture and news from the conference, this season however it's been sporadic to say the least and no communication since before the AGM :blink:

It's very odd.

Exactly, that's my point. You don't miss it if you've never had it so to speak. But like I said above, to go from one of the most professional and dynamic clubs in terms of communicating to the fans, to near silence is a bit strange and I don't think they can be surprised when fans wonder what's going on. They don't have announce the whole team in one go or even have a meeting, just give us their reaction to the AGM, reaction to Ippo coming down to the PL, analysing team options or whatever. Straight after the AGM is probably the one time in the close season when fans are clambering the most to know what's going on.

Some team news to be announced at end of the week, news via Stars facebook page.

Thanks SS - glad to at least see something.

Doesn't really answer many questions about a supporters meeting, the AGM, fixtures, or admission, season ticket and programme prices but at least it's a start :wink: Look forward to announcement at the end of the week B)

I think the communication used to be up there with the best (spelling mistakes aside) but it has gone downhill fast. We were always innovative (Stars TV etc) but it's all just gone to pot. Now it's no press releases and a web site badly out of date. I know what it takes to keep these things updated and it seems that they are spreading themselves to thin with the football club commitments.

Exactly, that's my point. You don't miss it if you've never had it so to speak. But like I said above, to go from one of the most professional and dynamic clubs in terms of communicating to the fans, to near silence is a bit strange and I don't think they can be surprised when fans wonder what's going on. They don't have announce the whole team in one go or even have a meeting, just give us their reaction to the AGM, reaction to Ippo coming down to the PL, analysing team options or whatever. Straight after the AGM is probably the one time in the close season when fans are clambering the most to know what's going on.

Thanks SS - glad to at least see something.

Doesn't really answer many questions about a supporters meeting, the AGM, fixtures, or admission, season ticket and programme prices but at least it's a start :wink: Look forward to announcement at the end of the week B)

I agree mate. I always look forward to the fans meeting to announce the 1-7, as has been the case for the last few years.

There is a chance for Buster, Rob and JC to inform everyone of what happened at the AGM, an opportunity they used to relish, if nothing else other than to gain the viewpoints of the supporters.

I am also saddened by the lack of communication with the fans (don't even answer questions posed on the FB page) and am beginning to worry as to why they are not appearing to want to answer questions. Ie; Kevin Doolan situation.

I am also worrying about the final 1-7 in that it might not be what we'd hoped for, and the fans reaction to it. Of course this could be unfounded, and there could be other reasons ie; holidays, as to why there appears to be no meeting with the fans as yet.

In light of years gone by and as you say, the professional way that the promotion has gone about things, this would appear to be a huge step backwards.

There did always appear to be a want to be the 1st to announce the next years team, but even from todays statement on FB, it is unclear as to whether a full 1-7 has been put together, but we shall see.

I for one don't believe at this time that the football club is interfering in the way the speedway is run, and hope that I am never proved wrong.

I am also hoping that TT is announced for the 2011 team, but hope he is not our number 1!!! (No offence).

Could the promotion have been quiet about things because they were asked and considered moving in to the Elite League? Just a thought.

Could the promotion have been quiet about things because they were asked and considered moving in to the Elite League? Just a thought.

Something I have thought about too

I am also hoping that TT is announced for the 2011 team, but hope he is not our number 1!!! (No offence).

I wouldn't mind if he was as it would mean a rock solid team and probably represents the only way we could have Emiliano back.

In theory if Tom was number one we could also have Schrammy, Lasse, Emiliano, Adam and Kozza and still have nearly five points for the other reserve.

Sorry if it's been covered but just a quick question... I'm guessing there will be a supporters meeting over the close season at some stage, date to be confirmed?

Expect this thread to move to the EL section in the next couple of days.

I hope not!!!!!!!

You having us on?

That would be about right. Wait for years to get the Ipswich derbies back, they move down, we move up :blink::D

I'll be honest, I'm not against the Stars going to the EL as long as I'm assured the long term future of the club is not put in danger in doing so. I was brought up on top flight speedway and I want my teams in any sport I follow to compete at the highest level they can.

That said, it would take a hell of a turn round by Buster if he was to take the Stars into the EL. I'll believe it when I see it :wink:

Why cant you just post that King's Lynn have agreed to join the Elite League and that Coventry are out ?

The above post is in the Elite League section :o