Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I HATE THE RAIN

King's Lynn 2011

No thanks, cant see us winning anything with 3 reserves!

LOL

There's nothing to say you will win anything anyway next season!

LOL

There's nothing to say you will win anything anyway next season!

You're right but you have to admit that it's less likely if we had the team Nudge the Fudge picked.

Yes I can see that point!

But as with all teams in the league next season they are going to have to sign riders that they can afford to pay!

Maybe if Sheffield want Lambert we could do a deal with Sanchezs coming to lynn as i think Sheffield own Sanchezs.

Yes I can see that point!

But as with all teams in the league next season they are going to have to sign riders that they can afford to pay!

Er not quite "as with all teams"........ the KL promotion own the stadium and therefore are not at the mercy of landlords demands for over inflated rental payments.

Presumably this gives them more financial scope than most, which will hopefully be reflected in the team building process!

Edited by DizzAssStar

You're right but you have to admit that it's less likely if we had the team Nudge the Fudge picked.

3 Reserves?? I dont think you will find that Adam will be at reserve for very long as his average is a huge bonus for team building purposes for next season.. Darren derserves his chance as he rode very well in most of his meetings this year,and Jan was very unfortunate not to be back this year as his form was improving all the time at the end of last season but someone had to make way to keep the team as strong as possible... Yes on paper my team does look to have 3 reserves but also 4 potential heat leaders..

Kevin Doolan 8.98

Tomas Topinka 7.61

Lasse Bjerre 7.00

Adam Roynon 3.95 (or 3.85 with a 2.5% British reduction)

These names are pretty much certainties, well Lasse and Adam are in any case)

As for who the other heat leader, second string and reserve would be is anyone's guess...

Darren Mallett (3.90 > 3.80 with 2.5% British reduction) and Simon Lambert (3.35 > 3.27 with 2.5% British reduction) would probably be fighting over the other reserve berth, unless the promotion know of any other decent reserves out there on a 3.00 average, which would be lower than both Simon's and Darren's averages. I'd like to think Cal McDade would be given another go on a 3.00, but seeing as his equipment has let him down over the past month, I can't see that happening. I hope he has a good time in Australia however. Hopefully that will broaden his track skills and help him improve further.

Other names that could be in the fray for the heat leader and second string positions:

Kozza Smith 6.17

Chris Schramm 6.37

Emiliano Sanchez 6.64

Linus Eklof 5.30

John Oliver 5.43 (his average could be a lot lower with a reduction for him not having raced here for 2 seasons, plus a 2.5% reduction for him having British heritage)

If Kozza wasn't kept on for next year, I'd like Emiliano to come in in his place. I know he has a slightly higher average, but he was good both home and away last year and he was pretty consistent, whereas Kozza has been up and down like a yo-yo this season!

team i would like is

1 kev

2 eklof

3 lasse

4 masters or poole

5 tom

6 garrity

7 roynon

would be perfect for me

team i would like is

1 kev

2 eklof

3 lasse

4 masters or poole

5 tom

6 garrity

7 roynon

would be perfect for me

But not for anyone else !

i think lynn team for next year will be

1.k doolan

2.c kerr

3.c scrhamm

4.l bjerre

5.t topinka

6.a roynon

7.d mallett

all lynn assets apart from kerr but think he will ride well in that team

Its appparently being announced at the Peterboro dinner dance that a teenager has committed his long term future to the Panthers & he will be loaned out to a PL team next season word is its Lasse Bjerre.

T.Poole is Peterborough owned and lives there, so Stoke would not have much say where he rides its down to the rider and owning club and im sure he will get lots of offers, and C.Kerr is Wolverhampton owned so again down to the owning club and rider (not so much Birmingham), yes they are unlikely but still possibilities. Henry would be a big risk imo maybe if he got his average reduced by a big margin he might be an option, but I think Buster and Rob will feel extremely unhappy regarding this season and will do everything possible to field the strongest team possible, they will want trophies and will want very little risk.

I think that Taylor Poole will end up at Lynn in 2011.

Its appparently being announced at the Peterboro dinner dance that a teenager has committed his long term future to the Panthers & he will be loaned out to a PL team next season word is its Lasse Bjerre.

If that is the case I'd like to see our promotion tear his contract up and bring someone else in who is or to become our own asset. Also, seeing as he'd already signed a 2 year contract last year surely that can't be right for another team to come in and sign him as an asset. That is called poaching and shouldn't be allowed.

I think that Taylor Poole will end up at Lynn in 2011.

Can't see that happening

If that is the case I'd like to see our promotion tear his contract up and bring someone else in who is or to become our own asset. Also, seeing as he'd already signed a 2 year contract last year surely that can't be right for another team to come in and sign him as an asset. That is called poaching and shouldn't be allowed.

To be fair we don't know what the arrangement was with Lynn do we, I don't think the Chapmans have ever said that Lasse has signed for Lynn as an asset??

To be fair we don't know what the arrangement was with Lynn do we, I don't think the Chapmans have ever said that Lasse has signed for Lynn as an asset??

To me, the signing seems absolutely pointless then. Yes, we all know that Lasse will be a class rider but we've only got him for next season and I believe his average with finish a point and a half to two points lower than the seven he's starting on. That is no benefit to us unless he's an asset. He'll be elsewhere in 2012 to progress his career and we lose out big time. No loan fee, no selling fee and another team gains from his lower average.

Unless he's an asset the signing to me is ridiculous and we'd be better off having Schramm or Sanchez in instead as they'd perform more consistently around the seven average.

How do you know that wasn't the case from the moment he signed?

Makes sense to me. The P'boro and KL Promotions have seemed to be getting rather chummy with each other over the last couple of seasons.

Based on his end of season form, I really can't see him plying his trade anywhere other than the EL from 2012 onwards. At a push, he may decide to take another year in the PL in '12, but there's no doubting that with his potential, EL beckons and probably sooner rather than later. Being an asset of a PL side seems pointless to me.

Buster Chapman has been around for a fair few years now. He knows a fair deal. I'm sure he wouldn't have agreed to it otherwise.