British Speedway Forum
horse17

Kings Lynn 2011 World Cup

Can't see it posted anywhere else. It has been announced that Kings Lynn has been chosen to host the second round again this year with the first round at vojens on the 9th and race off and final at gorzow on 14th and 16th.

FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP CALENDAR:

09/07/11 FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP, Event One (Vojens)

11/07/11 FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP, Event Two (King’s Lynn)

14/07/11 FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP, Race Off (Gorzow)

16/07/11 FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP, Final (Gorzow)

Brilliant news, and if all goes well over the winter there will be increased attendance capacity as well with on-going building work.

Of course I'm biased :wink: but delighted that the SWC is back for another year.

Only the most bitter of KL haters could deny that the meeting was a success on almost every level.

Like Screamer has mentioned, hopefully the new stands that are being planned can be completed in time :approve:

Last years meeting was brilliant, so I won't be missing this one without a good reason.

Excellent news!

Would be good to see the Poles drawn in this round. I think they'd be good value around Lynn :approve:

Oh and fingers crossed for Denmark too :P

Edited by tastethepoison

Taken from the EDP today.

The sport’s top brass confirmed today Saddlebow had been selected to stage event two of the FIM Speedway World Team Cup on Monday, July 11 2011. The line up has yet to be announced but Team GB can again count on huge home support after more than 7,000 packed Saddlebow this summer to watch Rob Lyon’s men edge out Australia in an epic qualifier televised live around the world.

Team GB went on to just miss out on a podium place in the final won by Poland at Denmark’s Vojens track which will also host the opening event one on July 9 2011. The winners from both meetings will progress to the final at Poland’s new Gorzow venue on July 16 2011. The second and third placed teams in events one and two will battle out for the remaining two places in a race off also at Gorzow on July 14

Excellent news!

Would be good to see the Poles drawn in this round. I think they'd be good value around Lynn :approve:

Oh and fingers crossed for Denmark too :P

Denmark will ride round 1 in Denmark surely :unsure:

I'd like to see

GB

Poland

Russia

Czech Republic (with Topinka)

Edited by screamer

Quality news from a kl fans point of view :D

"sits back and awaits the (how dare a premier league track get this event again posts)" :(

Great news can't wait

Does anyone know where and what exactly is being built to increase capacity? Heard a rumour its on bend 3-4? :blink:

Come on CTF, sort ya self out. You should know better than to put a topic in the wrong section

Dear o' dear :lol:

Come on CTF, sort ya self out. You should know better than to put a topic in the wrong section

Dear o' dear :lol:

The mods can move it, give them something to do :lol:

Mod Note ; Cheers :D brought meaning to our dull existance lol