Unfortunatley, Chris Pusey died of Liver failure due to Alcoholic poisoning,

Chris had been an alocohlic for many years,

He wasn't 51 when he died he was 54, it was sad,

He was buried with his polka dot scarf.

Peter Collins and Paul Tyrer and a few more graced the funeral,

Hope this helps

Janice Pusey ( sister in law)

Edited by jan1

Condolences to all the family, Janice. Always liked to see Chris down at Wimborne Rd with the Aces - loved the polka dots and sideburns!

thats very sad to learn janice you have my deepest condolences...im probably a bit out of my depth when it comes to the 70's but from what ive seen on film chris was a very exciting rider very much in the traditional craven/pc/mort mould!

Chris was a major casualty of the old rider control system. Although fairly successful in his early Halifax days, they finished Chris by taking him away from Hyde Road, the same way they did for Soren Sjosten later on

Always sad to hear of another rider off to the track in the sky whatever the circumstances. Regards to all of the Pusey family from all of my family xx

Chris was a man who was exciting to watch, and one of the legendary characters. He was the perfect Skipper for Belle Vue, one of the best ever in that clubs illustrious history. It was thoughtful for you to post this, and will bring some closure to his fans, like me. God Bless you Chris Pusey.. May you rest in peace.

Guest jan1

Just want to say thanks on behalf of geoff and I, and particularly Their mum.

Have just spotted this topic whilst out here in Oz. Very sad news indeed and my condolences to his family and friends. I was privileged to see Chris in action many times and as someone has already said, those polka dots and sideburns will be a lasting memory.

Janice, sincere condolences from all true fans, especially those of us fortunate enough to have seen Chris light up the track with his skill, bravery and colourful character. He will never be forgotten by any of us who saw speedway in the 70s - those trademark sideburns and polka dots leathers are his legacy. One of the first riders to bring real colour to the sport.

I was fortunate enough to see Chris and the rest of the aces back in the early 70's at Hyde road when I lived in the UK. I remember him well, especially the polka dots and the side'ies. I have some great b/w photo's of him that I bought at the track back then, they bring back great memories every time I look at them. He will always be remembered as one of the great aces in my mind, along with Mauger, Wilkinson, Sjosten, Collins and Broadbelt.

My deepest sympathy and condolences go out to his family.