Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

Leigh Adams Testimonial

I wasn't sure if he was doing Gillman, dirtbagmeol'mate, and would hardly post ubnsubstatiated rumours on here, would I? :rolleyes:

Thats not my game either. I congratulated Batchelor on coming out AND riding well, and nothing more or less. I insinuated a few possible reasons for his brief stay - but just trying to make sense of it.

No doubt hes still gutted from last years proceedings.

Could anyone be kind enough to explain why Leighs kevlars are white yellow and pink and not the traditional red? The answer doesnt really matter - Im just curious :)

Could anyone be kind enough to explain why Leighs kevlars are white yellow and pink and not the traditional red? The answer doesnt really matter - Im just curious :)

An earlier post..

Adams has been organising this night for some time, and for the momentous occasion, the 39 year-old will don a racing suit with a pink trim, instead of his usual red trim.

Adams will sign the suit and auction it off to a lucky bidder, raising funds for the National Breast Cancer Foundation.

“Recently we have had a death in the family to breast cancer so I thought it would be cool to do something like this,” he said.

:)

From Leigh's site

Leigh will wear a specially made pink race suit at his Testimonial meeting in Mildura this Wednesday in the name of raising money for Cancer Research!

The race suit has been made by Maliniak Products in Poland and will be auctioned prior to the meeting on Tuesday at the "Night With the Stars" dinner being held at the Coomealla Club.

The suit will be on display throughout the dinner and will be auctioned off at the end of the evening.

Leigh and his wife Kylie are keen to help out the Cancer Research Charity and are hoping to raise a lot of funds to donate.

From Leigh's site

Leigh will wear a specially made pink race suit at his Testimonial meeting in Mildura this Wednesday in the name of raising money for Cancer Research!

The race suit has been made by Maliniak Products in Poland and will be auctioned prior to the meeting on Tuesday at the "Night With the Stars" dinner being held at the Coomealla Club.

The suit will be on display throughout the dinner and will be auctioned off at the end of the evening.

Leigh and his wife Kylie are keen to help out the Cancer Research Charity and are hoping to raise a lot of funds to donate.

Racesuit went for $2700 - that's about 5 million of your pounds - no, not really, about 1750 I think. Not my size alas.

Racesuit went for $2700 - that's about 5 million of your pounds - no, not really, about 1750 I think. Not my size alas.

Excellent :D

Here is a link for some pictures from Leigh's meeting

http://www.sunraysiadaily.com.au/multimedia/19426/leigh-adams-testimonial.aspx

BFD, do you know when the David Tapp DVD of the meeting is going to be available and whether it will be available outside of Australia?

ReRun Productions Limited in the U.K have a DVD of the meeting coming out on January 20th for £15

I'll try & find out Cuz.

Still waiting on Tappy's DVD, but in the meantime it's good to hear that Leigh is taking his retirement seriously by competing in Australia's toughest Off-Road event - the Finke Desert race.

Edited by BigFatDave

Still waiting on Tappy's DVD, but in the meantime it's good to hear that Leigh is taking his retirement seriously by competing in Australia's toughest Off-Road event - the Finke Desert race.

ok mate, keeps us all informed about the DVD and Leigh's latest venture!

ok mate, keeps us all informed about the DVD and Leigh's latest venture!

Talking to Tappy yesterday it should be out early March - www.speedway.com.au

Talking to Tappy yesterday it should be out early March - www.speedway.com.au

Excellent thanks

If you see the link to purchase it when it comes out can you let us know please?

Edited by bobxski