British Speedway Forum
chris1

Newport V Buxton - Nl Playoff 29/10

Absolutely right

I cant imagine for a moment that those advocating the use of past results have not worked out what that would produce.

This a a play off Final not a retrospective paper exercise.

Malcolm Vasey

Hmm, wot: sharing it two ways or three...? :unsure: : for as someone has pointed out 'twas Dudley who finished top of the league!!! :rolleyes:

Given that the NL cut-out date for the play-offs was September 12, how on earth did we get into this situation in the first place? :shock:

All the best

Rob

Surely if neither legs take place both teams sharing it would be fairer.

You keep your mouth shut and get back in the kitchen!!! :P

Hmm, wot: sharing it two ways or three...? :unsure: : for as someone has pointed out 'twas Dudley who finished top of the league!!! :rolleyes:

Why bring a Playoff semi final loser into it? FFS have you no limits?

Absolutely right

I cant imagine for a moment that those advocating the use of past results have not worked out what that would produce.

This a a play off Final not a retrospective paper exercise.

Malcolm Vasey

Not really Malcolm , Buxton and Newport have raced each other four times this season, twice home and twice away.

Two of them were National league meetings, Buxton won them both as well as the Trophy meetings although i know these arent relevant.

Its not the way it should be decided but to be fair Buxton have earned it by those results, hopefully it doesnt come to that.

Cheers Chopper

This a a play off Final not a paper exercise.

I should never have taken up Origami!

Given that the NL cut-out date for the play-offs was September 12, how on earth did we get into this situation in the first place? icon_smile_shock.gif

All the best

Rob

I think this is the most pertinent post here Rob, and something that really must be addressed this close-season. I won't hold my breath though...

As an exercise, I looked at Adam Allott's schedule for the last eight days of the season as he lives close to the Buxton track:

Sunday 24th - Buxton - five rides

Wednesday 27th - Kings Lynn (double header) - up to twelve rides - 240 miles round trip

Friday 29th - Newport - up to six rides - 300 mile round trip

Sunday 31st - Buxton - up to six rides

How is that sustainable for a supposedly amateur league? When are riders expected to do a day job, sleep, prepare their machines?

Other members of the team may well have even more punishing schedules.

Newcastles PL schedule is maybe more ridiculous, riding at Ipswich on Thursday, Edinburgh on Friday, and Newcastle on Sunday.

The 2011 season spans 33 weeks, surely it is possible to zone the season for each competition?

I think this is the most pertinent post here Rob, and something that really must be addressed this close-season. I won't hold my breath though...

As an exercise, I looked at Adam Allott's schedule for the last eight days of the season as he lives close to the Buxton track:

Wednesday 27th - Kings Lynn (double header) - up to twelve rides - 240 miles round trip

How is that sustainable for a supposedly amateur league? When are riders expected to do a day job, sleep, prepare their machines?

Other members of the team may well have even more punishing schedules.

Newcastles PL schedule is maybe more ridiculous, riding at Ipswich on Thursday, Edinburgh on Friday, and Newcastle on Sunday.

The 2011 season spans 33 weeks, surely it is possible to zone the season for each competition?

Thats not to mention the weather is obviously closing in as well making rain offs more likely.

Another reason to try to finish the season earlier.

Chopper

Neil, you missed out the he has to go to Rye House for the NLRC on Saturday. I was told that he'd be fined if he didn't turn up.

Neil, you missed out the he has to go to Rye House for the NLRC on Saturday. I was told that he'd be fined if he didn't turn up.

Clean forgot about the NLRC! That's a punishing schedule...........

Let's get back to the meeting - it was announced on Sunday that Todd had ridden his last meeting for the Hornets - who will be guesting? James White Williams also said that he wouldn't be fit and have the floodlights been fixed?

Let's get back to the meeting - it was announced on Sunday that Todd had ridden his last meeting for the Hornets - who will be guesting? James White Williams also said that he wouldn't be fit and have the floodlights been fixed?

I was told that Mark Simmonds rides in both legs of the Final.

Lights were never broken, they were turned off due to incoming power phase failure,( Western Power / SWALEC problem ).

The promotion/Staff/Volunteers are currently busy installing a 70kva backup generator to try and stop this ever happening again.

Edited by yes 1

NLRC restaging date set for Sun 31st 2pm if rained off on Saturday!

NLRC restaging date set for Sun 31st 2pm if rained off on Saturday!

Just hope that they don't expect any Buxton or Newport riders to be there! :unsure: