British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Kings Lynn V Buxton - Weds 27th October

Wednesday 27th October is the BIG DAY for the Poultec Training Young Stars, as we face Buxton in the Knock-out Cup Final.

Yep, sounds good doesn't it, and with it being the last scheduled meeting for the Norfolk Arena this season, it must surely to goodness invite a large crowd.

The attendance for the semi-final last Friday was nothing short of disgraceful, and was an insult to the riders who have brought so much third tier success to our club this year. But I guess that's water under the bridge now, and I just hope that when the tide comes in on Wednesday fortnight, that it brings you all in with a force.

So don't forget, Wednesday 27th October.......KNOCK-OUT CUP FINAL.

Any news on when the Buxton leg is being staged Mimmo? Is our meeting the 1st or the 2nd leg?

Been meaning to go to Buxton for years now and have never managed it yet. Guess this year is as good as any!

Any news on when the Buxton leg is being staged Mimmo? Is our meeting the 1st or the 2nd leg?

Been meaning to go to Buxton for years now and have never managed it yet. Guess this year is as good as any!

It looks as though Buxton have only 24th & 31st October available, and they may still have a Play-Off final to fit in too!

Will Kings Lynn on 27th be a double-header with the outstanding NL meeting against Buxton?

It looks as though Buxton have only 24th & 31st October available, and they may still have a Play-Off final to fit in too!

Will Kings Lynn on 27th be a double-header with the outstanding NL meeting against Buxton?

Hi Neil & ajh,

I'm hoping the meeting at Buxton will be on the 24th, then it leaves the 31st for any matches that may need restaging due to inclement weather.

I don't know if the home meeting is going to be a double-header. It's a question I've asked of the management, and I'm sure an announcement will be made soon. It would certainly make sense at this late stage of the season.

Cheers

Mike

I hope to be there Mimmo :)

Guest bubble

we will both be there too, see you in the hut

I've now been told that it will be a double-header.

Cya

Buxton's leg will take place on Sunday 24th October.

Will you have Nick back for the finals, Jayne?

Good to see Robert came through OK on Sunday - he's Tough!

Hi Neil & ajh,

I'm hoping the meeting at Buxton will be on the 24th, then it leaves the 31st for any matches that may need restaging due to inclement weather.

I don't know if the home meeting is going to be a double-header. It's a question I've asked of the management, and I'm sure an announcement will be made soon. It would certainly make sense at this late stage of the season.

Cheers

Mike

Mystic Mike! Buxton leg IS on 24th, and the home meeting WILL be a double header!

Hmm,, so how will this double header work..? The KOC Final first, followed by the 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' outstanding league match or t'other way round..? :unsure:

To me if there was ever an argument for 'combining' two fixtures into one match this is it.. :neutral:

Hmm,, so how will this double header work..? The KOC Final first, followed by the 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' outstanding league match or t'other way round..? unsure.gif

To me if there was ever an argument for 'combining' two fixtures into one match this is it.. icon_neutral.gif

I would expect it to be KO Cup first, as the highest priority tie. I wouldn't be surprised if the league meeting only ran to 12 heats!

The cup match will indeed be first as the result of the league match is pretty much irrelevant.

Indeed so... Can imagine a number leaving after the result of the first match... I do believe I shall...!! blink.gif

My hope is for a close first leg on the Sunday - that would set things up nicely for the Wednesday.