British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Kings Lynn V Buxton - Weds 27th October

Or even better, a Young Stars win on Sunday!!!! icon_smile_approve.gif

Of course, but a close one!

I can't see a thread for this 30-heat extravaganza yet.

Buxton bring a 23 point lead to the Norfolk Arena for the Cup meeting.

7.30pm start according to BSPA site, will need to be a slick presentation to get us home before Thursday!

Making my first trip to KL for a while and strangely looking forward to it.

Mon the Hitmen!

Guest bubble

Sure got a mountain to climb with this one.

There was already a topic for this meeting (here) ;) It had gone on to the 2nd page. Hopefully I'll see ya at the meeting somewhere squall :)

There was already a topic for this meeting (here) wink.gif It had gone on to the 2nd page. Hopefully I'll see ya at the meeting somewhere squall smile.gif

Apologies, perhaps they could be merged?

Mod Note: Sorted :)

Apologies, perhaps they could be merged?

No worries. Just thought I'd say there was one hanging in the background :lol:

Hopefully I'll see ya at the meeting somewhere squall :)

You shall. I'll be plodding round looking for a few of you :)

You shall. I'll be plodding round looking for a few of you :)

I will be on top steps between first and second bend. just look for the lady with crutches. hope weather doesn't spoil this meeting. looking forward to seeing the young stars hopefully pulling it out of the bag.

Wednesday night shoud be a real cracker at the Norfolk Arena. Can the Young Stars pull bag 23 points? One thing is for sure every rider will be giving 100%. These nights are what speedway is all about.

Kings Lynn Poultec Young Stars

1. Simon Lambert

2. Oliver Rayson

3. Lewis Kerr

4. Adam Lowe

5. Darren Mallett

6. Cal McDade

7. Jake Knight

Buxton Hitmen

1. Craig Cook

2. RR

3. Jason Garity

4. Robert Branford

5. Adam Allott

6. Lewis Dallerway

7. Richie Worrell

Start time is 7.30. The message to all Kings Lynn fans is to come down and give your support to the Young Stars we can still do this you know!!

We've experienced some terrific meetings at National Development League level this season, and as I've said many times before, usually equal to or even better than that you see when watching either Elite or Premier League contests.

Bournemouth, Dudley and Newport are three that stand out in particular, and who will ever forget the marvellous spectacle provided when the USA Dream Team came to town.

These two meetings against Buxton, SHOULD be classics, particularly the KO Cup encounter, where so much is at stake. It is a night that warrants a huge turnout, and I'm sure that anyone with a minimum of interest in speedway, will be there to cheer on their favourites, irrespective of which club you favour. It's even whet the appetite of our Wednesday night trackshop heartthrob :mad: Jaybea, who is going to come along from his Felixstowe base, and provide us with a full blown cabin of merchandise, many items of which will be at reduced prices.

This is a first for King's Lynn, as we've never reached a cup final at this level before. Last year we made the semi's but lost out to Buxton 98-85, so we owe them a spanking!! The 'Hitmen' then went on to meet Bournemouth in a full-blood final, losing out to the south coast side by an aggregate score of 105-83, so they'll be as desperate to win this year as us.

As I said, we've never won the pot before, but the Derbyshire side did take honours in 2002 by beating Rye House.

The cup isn't the only thing the Peak District side have found success in this term, as this weekend sees them go head to head home and away with Newport in the Play-off Finals. Victory will seal their first ever league championship success, so as you can see it's a MASSIVE week for our visitors, and any silverware that eventually goes their way, will be well deserved.

So although our league match that follows on from the cup encounter would seem to have little importance, don't be fooled by that idea. Buxton need to win to secure second place in the actual league table, whilst we need the points to finish the season above Scunthorpe, in much the same way as our senior side needed to against Newcastle last Wednesday.

The only worrying thing about tomorrow is that according to the BBC Weather Forecast, light rain is predicted to fall between 4.00 and 10.00pm, which would leave everyone in a quandry.

With Buxton racing both Friday & Sunday (Final day of the British Speedway season), and the National League Riders' Championship being held on Saturday at Rye House, then one can only assume that the restaging would have to be on Thursday.

Dale, if you haven't nodded off reading through this, could you possibly confirm what the situation will be if the elements are the winners tomorrow please?

Finally to close this whatever you want to call it, I'd like to offer my thanks and best wishes to Simon Lambert, Darren Mallett, Jake Knight, Adam Lowe, Scott Campos, Cal McDade, Lewis Kerr, Oliver Rayson, Chris Widman, Rhys Naylor, Ricky Wallace and James Brundle, who have all worn the colours of the King's Lynn 'Young Stars' and have been a credit to themselves and everyone involved with the club. Also my personal thanks to the likes of Barrie Evans (Mildenhall/Dudley), Byron Bekker (Weymouth), Adam Allott (Buxton), Jake Anderson (Dudley) and Mark Simmonds (Plymouth) who have given their all for this club when on guest duty.

Last but not least to Dale Allitt along with Keith & Jonathan Chapman who have put up the finance and expertise to provide the public of West Norfolk with not only a team to be proud of, but a facility to show it off in.

So come on folks, lets get behind the riders one last time this season, tapes up at 7.30pm sharp.

Mike

Why hasn't Richie Worrall gone into Jon Bethell's place in the Buxton team as he is replacing him? Buxton are only allowed to use a non-declared 3.00er so why have they had to reshuffle their line-up?

Why hasn't Richie Worrall gone into Jon Bethell's place in the Buxton team as he is replacing him? Buxton are only allowed to use a non-declared 3.00er so why have they had to reshuffle their line-up?

I'd prefer Jason at reserve too so he can take seven rides. ;)

May be going to this... circumstances changed again meaning my friend probably can't go so will see...