Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Kings Lynn V Buxton - Weds 27th October

You shall. I'll be plodding round looking for a few of you

You can find me in the home straight stand :) I've already decided that's where I'll be most of the evening!

You can find me in the home straight stand :) I've already decided that's where I'll be most of the evening!

And I'll be above you. Hope to see you at some point Squall & maybe see a few others :).

I really do believe the Young Stars can win this tomorrow night, we just need to hit them hard from the get go & hopefully with a little bit of luck they can pull back those 23 points.

Either way though Im sure we'll get to see 30 heats plus Re-Runs (If Any) of some great speedway action :D

And I'll be above you. Hope to see you at some point Squall & maybe see a few others :).

I really do believe the Young Stars can win this tomorrow night, we just need to hit them hard from the get go & hopefully with a little bit of luck they can pull back those 23 points.

Either way though Im sure we'll get to see 30 heats plus Re-Runs (If Any) of some great speedway action :D

And (if going by my last visit) there'll be a delay while they wait for the music to be switched off while mr music man is not looking after the music :P

It's a really lovely sunny and quite warm day here in West Norfolk, so the meeting should be safe this evening.

Already the crowds are arriving in the town centre, and are in real carnival mood. There's no doubt about it, this meeting has really caught the imagination of the speedway public country wide, and with coach loads coming from far flung places like Glasgow & Plymouth, the atmosphere is going to be something else.

Even Jaybea's 'Fancy Woman' (he knows what I mean) is coming along, and with the big man himself making his inaugural appearance at a Young Stars meeting, maybe, just maybe, a marriage proposal on the centre-concrete is on the cards :wink:

Seriously though folks, it is a gorgeous day here, and this will be almost your last chance to see speedway anywhere in the country in 2010, so please do come along and support these youngsters, you really won't regret it.

Good luck to the Hitmen tonight - wish I could be there, but work has got in the way!! The Hitmen should be able to defend the 23 point lead, but I imagine the Young Stars plan will be to hit them hard early and try to shake the Hitmen up a little. If the Hitmen can ride the early storm, they will prevail, but I don't expect the Young Stars to make it easy. The league match is also interesting because if Buxton can win that, and by a lot of points, they will finish top of the National League. People attending tonight are so lucky to be seeing a speedway extravaganza. :approve:

It's a really lovely sunny and quite warm day here in West Norfolk, so the meeting should be safe this evening.

Even Jaybea's 'Fancy Woman' (he knows what I mean) is coming along, and with the big man himself making his inaugural appearance at a Young Stars meeting, maybe, just maybe, a marriage proposal on the centre-concrete is on the cards :wink:

IF a marriage proposal IS forthcoming Mr. M, any plans laid for the stag night yet? :blink:

Cannot wait for this. I'm currently like a kid at Xmas :D

Cannot wait for this. I'm currently like a kid at Xmas :D

I too am looking forward to this. An absolute fest of speedway to top the season off

Good luck to both teams

IF a marriage proposal IS forthcoming Mr. M, any plans laid for the stag night yet? :blink:

Yep, round your gaff 2morrow :wink:

Hmm looking forward to tonight, should be a good turn out. Good luck to the Young Stars!

Well done Buxton on your Cup win, I hope the people of Buxton recognise your success.

Nasty accident in Heat 14 of the cup match. Branford went hard inside McDade on the first turn who slid off right in front of Dallaway who, with nowhere to go, ran into and over McDade.

Cal was taken off the track in an ambulance then to hospital by county ambulance.

First race 7.40, RR delayed proceedings with numerous 'two-on-the-trot', then the unfortunate accident. The second meeting started at 10.20pm.

Largest crowd I've seen at NA for an NL meeting

Following the Ht 14 accident both teams went into the second match without a No 6

Edited by NeilWatson

Largest crowd I've seen at NA for an NL meeting

It's the only way to get a decent crowd for NL, on a week with no PL! Most people can't afford to do both in a week but are happy to support their local team at both levels.

It got blinking cold but it was good to witness a few riders I hadn't seen before. Obviously Buxton were too strong for the Young Stars overall. Buxton man of the match in the first leg of KOC, Garrity, clearly couldn't get his starts sorted, in fact his gating in a few heats could have caused crashes! He sure let his frustration get the better of him in the last race too, chucking his bike and helmet down!!

It seemed to me that Cal McDade's crash was caused because of a bit of tough riding in a previous race between Branford and McDade, shame :( Hope Cal's injury isn't as rumour had it!

Craig Cook showed his talent after a poor first race, let's hope his career continues to go fast forward :) What colour hair is he gonna have next, stripes ;)