British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Kings Lynn V Buxton - Weds 27th October

well done Buxton wish i could have been there.told it was a good meeting. but a very late finnish,hope Cal Mcdade is ok and lewis to.Buxton look set for the clean sweep.But Newport will know dout have somthing to say about it. :blink:

Edited by bw double

Ermmmmm nope .......... why didn't ya say something? I'm thinking you might have been standing with Bagpuss at some point, who was standing behind me?? lol

I couldn't get a word in! Was stood with Emma most of the night (and she introduced me to everyone, bar you!) then Baggy came down later on. You couldn't miss me - handsome, dashing, short...

You couldn't miss me - handsome, dashing, short...

That was definitely me ;)

That was definitely me ;)

But you've grown taller than me!

Brushing all the mishaps to one side, this was a superb advert for lower tier racing, with both teams giving it their all.

I fully appreciate what 'Trees' is saying about people not being able to afford to go to speedway twice a week, and think that promoters should look long and hard at this to see if there is a way round it, because it's vitally important that we retain this level of racing.

Having said that though, there are a lot of people out there who can afford it, but have this bee in their bonnet about it being second class entertainment, so stubbonly won't come. Last night proved that theory wrong.

As you well know, I'm a staunch supporter of National League racing, preferring to watch it rather than Elite/Premier anytime, and in all the hundreds of meetings I've seen around the country over the years, I've probably never seen a crowd this big, although Bournemouth usually looks very healthy. Granted I didn't go to the meeting at Rye House when they put on a freebie, which as I understand, broke all records, but that was an exception.

I just hope that those who did make their inaugural visit last night, and have the cash to spare, become regulars in 2011.

It's a pity from a locals point of view that we didn't secure enough points last night to win the cup, but I'm proud of what the team have done again this year, and maybe next year the tables will turn in our favour.

To Buxton, a club I also hold dear to my heart, I offer my sincere congratulations, you are worthy winners.......this time :wink:

Good luck to both the Hitmen and Newport (another club that have done marvels this year) in the play-off's this weekend.

My final best wishes of this posting must go to Cal McDade, in the hope that his injuries are not to serious. Also hope Lewis Dallaway recovers from his bumps and bruises quickly.

All the Best

Mike

Mike, I couldn't be there last night due to other commitments but it sounds like it was a good night's racing, and a good crowd as well which the match deserved. I feel for KL who got so close again but were beaten by the better team over the two legs. Well done to Buxton, and I hope that both Cal and Lewis D are ok after what sounded like a very nasty accident.

Martin

I couldn't get a word in! Was stood with Emma most of the night (and she introduced me to everyone, bar you!) then Baggy came down later on. You couldn't miss me - handsome, dashing, short...

Hey don't put the fault on to me! I thought you'd both already met one another at Scunthorpe last season...in April in the PT meeting. Mother T was stood near us then. Remember? (I guess not!) Anyway, last night she was with me, Sarah and Bish near the pits before the meeting, remember that? I'd have introduced you both to one another if I'd have known you didn't know who each other was! As for the 3 descriptive words, I'll agree with short, but the other two...well... :lol: Basically Mother, Wayne was the short Yorkshire man, with glasses and the Slipknot beanie hat. That's a better description I think :P

Edited by em1500uk

Mike, I couldn't be there last night due to other commitments but it sounds like it was a good night's racing, and a good crowd as well which the match deserved. I feel for KL who got so close again but were beaten by the better team over the two legs. Well done to Buxton, and I hope that both Cal and Lewis D are ok after what sounded like a very nasty accident.

Martin

well done Buxton i have been told national league again treated badly.no one from b s p a to present the k o c to the winners.Mr MORRISH HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.this is a joke no wonder people dont turn up to support the league when the b s p a dont. . :mad:

Edited by bw double

This league dosent get the credit it deserves, some cracking racing over the last few weeks and Monmore, Buxton and newport, good to see some British riders doing well, because lets face it when they go up a league as soon as they drop points, in will come the overseas rider to replace them.

PL and Nl rule.

Some really entertaining racing. Well done to both teams. Enjoyed my taste of "div 3" - first time for a long time (I'm EL league most weeks with some PL).

Didn't stay for 2nd match - time pressures - but didn't begrudge admission for what I saw in KO Cup final.

Well done to all the riders - good meeting from my point of view to go into the winter on.