British Speedway Forum

The 2011 calendar was surely a missed opportunity, did the 2010 ones not sell well?

Believe its Scunny 12 March,afternoon meet? sorry if already posted elsewhere :)

Don't tease!!!

Certainly is at Scunny. Saturday 12th March with a 2.30pm start.

Bomber, Richardson and Iversen all confirmed as riding.

This must be the meeting Rob had said he had got but details to be revealed later http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/scorpionsnews/Bigger-cracker-cards-Christmas-meeting-cancelled/article-3025217-detail/article.html

Well done Rob, richly deserved for our fair racetrack. Now just improve the facilities to cater for large attendances ie; steps in the stands(for improved viewing) & catering(food/drinks-cut down on waiting times). Just repeating what others have moaned about.

Now just improve the facilities to cater for large attendances ie; steps in the stands(for improved viewing) & catering(food/drinks-cut down on waiting times). Just repeating what others have moaned about.

Promotions dream you are!!!!

This must be the meeting Rob had said he had got but details to be revealed later http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/scorpionsnews/Bigger-cracker-cards-Christmas-meeting-cancelled/article-3025217-detail/article.html

Well done Rob, richly deserved for our fair racetrack. Now just improve the facilities to cater for large attendances ie; steps in the stands(for improved viewing) & catering(food/drinks-cut down on waiting times). Just repeating what others have moaned about.

If only they had Bernards Watch...

How far Scunny have gone in the small amount of years is far greater than places like Sheffield who have been going for over 80 years.

(this is no disrespect to Sheffield who have the best facilities in the UK - Shovlar probably disagrees but Scunny have grown enormously in practically no time at all)

No disrespect to Sheffield and its facilities but it is first and foremost a dog track,with dog track money making facilities easier to fund. Scunthorpe is first and foremost a Speedway track and will grow steadily as its crowd base and facilities improve. I was there flying model planes before Rob took over the site, so have seen enormous changes over the last half a decade or so.Fair play to Rob Godfrey and his band of unsung helpers for year on year improvements. :approve:

Hope the weather is good for the Ben meeting.

The news that my local track will host such a high profile meeting has given me a massive shot in the arm to help get over the post-Christmas blues. :D

I went to the original Ben Fund Meeting at Sheffield and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Hopefully one or two GP stars not with British tracks can come over and entertain us as part of their pre-season preparations (Crumpy, Nicki P. ?).

If 4000 turn up I suggest an early arrival to get a good view. But that view will be rewarded with superb racing.

Cannot wait ! B)

I'm so pleased Rob Godfrey has been rewarded with this great meeting....The track lends itself to superb racing and the talent expected to take part in this meeting will provide us with spectacular racing. ...plenty of passing which is the norm at Scunny....I'm looking forward to seeing a host of Star riders battling it out on a fair ( if not the fairest ) track. All we have to hope is that the weather don't spoil things!

It is a much deserved and somewhat overdue honour for Scunthorpe to be allocated a meeting of this quality. :approve:

The only thing I would be slightly concerned about is whether the stadium will be big enough - the presence of some top riders on Britain's best racing track is bound to attract a huge crowd.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

May well be attending this meeting.

Just a few questions though,will the bar be able to cope with a few extra people,and what are the catering facilities like for those who can`t eat on an empty stomach? :wink:

Delighted to hear that this meeting will be staged at Scunthorpe. Will definitely be attending this meeting :approve: .

I'll be there! :D