British Speedway Forum

May well be attending this meeting.

Just a few questions though,will the bar be able to cope with a few extra people,and what are the catering facilities like for those who can`t eat on an empty stomach? :wink:

The bar is not large, but I'm sure that provisions will be made to keep the thirsty fully refreshed.

There is a new cafe on the first bend that does a mean "pie, chips, peas and gravy". Staffed by volunteers the service is friendly, but be prepared to queue. :wink:

The old tea bar at the starting gate will proably be re-opened to cope with the demand. I'm sure that Rob will already be making plans to cope with the expected large crowd.

Don't expect facilities to compare with Owlerton, but do expect a fabulous race track and some great racing. :D

I'll have to wait till nearer the date to find out if I'll be in attendance or not... Seeing Harris' name among the few already confirmed is promising :approve:

Edited by em1500uk

I'll be there WHOEVER is in the field for this meeting is the one I wouldn't miss for the world as the fund does its level best to help the guys who risk their lives to entertain us each and every time they leave the pit gate. :wink:

I'll be there WHOEVER is in the field for this meeting is the one I wouldn't miss for the world as the fund does its level best to help the guys who risk their lives to entertain us each and every time they leave the pit gate. :wink:

Well said, me too :D

This is a meeting i will never miss as long as it continues & whoever it is that races.

The fact that such an excellent race track has been chosen only heightens the expectation & i wish only the very best for the club in regards of the spectacle & the good 'ol British weather.

I see that Rob Godfrey is hoping to break the record attendance, being at Scunthorpe is very likely to bring the crowds in for this meeting but i do hope this is catered for with regard to veiwing as that side of things at Scunny is very flat, a few temp stands wouldn't go amiss.

Good Luck to all

CC

Edited by colincooke

We are looking for help with sponsorship for this meeting & have packages available for Rider, Race, Tyre & Fuel. All proceeds for this sponsorship go directly to the Ben Fund.

Please send me a pm with your email address & I will forward details.

Many thanks.

Julie Reading

X 3 superb racetrack as good racing as anywhere on sky last season,wouldn't miss this one,well done Rob and to Paul Ackroyd too

May well be attending this meeting.

Just a few questions though,will the bar be able to cope with a few extra people,and what are the catering facilities like for those who can`t eat on an empty stomach? :wink:

You should make the effort, it's a great track with a decent little stadium thats being built up. I only hope the people at Leicester are talking to the people at Scunny with regards to the coming years and what can be done.

Catering facilities are good, the food is nice and priced well. The bar was a portacabin last time I was there but it had fully functioning pumps with lager and cider, what more could you want?

i work saturdays :angry: change it to the sunday please

bunk off, there is a bug going around you know.:wink:

i work saturdays :angry: change it to the sunday please

The reason it is a Saturday is so that if the weather intervenes then it will be run the following day. I expect all the B&Bs in N Lincs to start a rain dance on the 12th March.

Kenni Larsen and Ben Barker added to the line-up. Both know the EWR and have shown their liking for it, so good choices.

The reason it is a Saturday is so that if the weather intervenes then it will be run the following day. I expect all the B&Bs in N Lincs to start a rain dance on the 12th March.

Kenni Larsen and Ben Barker added to the line-up. Both know the EWR and have shown their liking for it, so good choices.

Looking forward to this as it is my birthday weekend. Glad Kenni has been added to the line up.

just thought i would let everyone know travel lodge are all currently 19 pounds per room so people that have a very long way to travel and want somewhere reasonable to stay at thats the place to go, also it not far from track :D

Shame the BSPA website still had a poster for the 2010 meeting!

http://www.speedwaygb.co/srbf.html

it has gone now. No details of the 2011 in it places though,