British Speedway Forum

it has gone now. No details of the 2011 in it places though,

thank heavens for the SS & Scunny :rolleyes:

just thought i would let everyone know travel lodge are all currently 19 pounds per room so people that have a very long way to travel and want somewhere reasonable to stay at thats the place to go, also it not far from track :D

Have you got a link with the address please .

Have you got a link with the address please .

Websites here- But it'll cost you £29 not £19, it costs £19 when you book to stay on a Sunday.

Edited by spin king junior

Websites here- But it'll cost you £29 not £19, it costs £19 when you book to stay on a Sunday.

Cheers Jordan , 29 quid still isn't bad .

just been on the unoffical scorpion website and they have got a copy off the 2011 ben fund poster

Edited by nutty

just been on the unoffical scorpion website and they have got a copy off the 2011 ben fund poster

does it have any members,when ever i go on there no one posts anything??

it says in the local paper rob is getting extra catering in for the bend fund to cope with all the fans

Extra stands would be good. Probably not plausible but isn't Scunny a bit flat to get a lot of fans in???

its not that flat could do with some banking down the back straight. rob plans to put some seating in this season if all goes to plan but dont think it will be in time for ben fund

there is a raised area on the first bend as well now this was done at the end of last season . when you look at orther tracks i think rob has done well at scunthorpe and will do his best to keep improving the ewr like i said has plans for a seating area this year at some time and the track produces some of the best racing you will see

there is a raised area on the first bend as well now this was done at the end of last season . when you look at orther tracks i think rob has done well at scunthorpe and will do his best to keep improving the ewr like i said has plans for a seating area this year at some time and the track produces some of the best racing you will see

Correct , no need to be picky . Scunthorpe is no worse for viewing as say Birmingham . If it gets too bad people can always stand on the picnic tables beside the bar on the 2nd bend :wink:

Guest 100165

Correct , no need to be picky . Scunthorpe is no worse for viewing as say Birmingham . If it gets too bad people can always stand on the picnic tables beside the bar on the 2nd bend :wink:

you are both right, but Scunny is in need of a few extra stands etc. As Silver Bee says most of the infrastructure is flat.

It will be a great race meeting & i just hope some people's enjoyment isn't spoilt by the fact there is little to see.

Edited by 100165

you are both right, but Scunny is in need of a few extra stands etc. As Silver Bee says most of the infrastructure is flat.

It will be a great race meeting & i just hope some people's enjoyment isn't spoilt by the fact there is little to see.

I'd be pretty disappointed if I'd travelled all that way to see the backs of other people's heads ... Do the Ben Fund organisers take being able to see what's going on as a factor when they award these meetings? :blink:

I'd be pretty disappointed if I'd travelled all that way to see the backs of other people's heads ... Do the Ben Fund organisers take being able to see what's going on as a factor when they award these meetings? :blink:

I haven't heard too many complaints from the Stock Car fans who regularly attend the EWR in huge numbers. Be nice to see the stadium (which many speedway supporters helped build) filled by speedway supporters for a change.

Edited by Albert