British Speedway Forum

Rob Godfrey is a hard working man and I doubt for one minute that he'd let speedway supporters down. He successfully put on the Sky meeting, hopefully the crowd for the Ben meeting will be bigger and like Albert said the Stockcars attract much bigger crowds. Lets just hope that the weather is kind so we can see great racing with plenty of passing from some of the best riders in the world. Can't wait, really looking forward to it.

I'd be pretty disappointed if I'd travelled all that way to see the backs of other people's heads ... Do the Ben Fund organisers take being able to see what's going on as a factor when they award these meetings? :blink:

Shadders, Scunny will be fine. It's possible to stand around the whole track. I would say that the viewing is far better than e.g. Birmingham or other tracks where the supporters are all crammed into the same bit of terracing. I've stood all around the track at Scunny and the viewing is fine from all around. There's normally not that many people on the back straight, but a good number of people could stand along there if necessary.

I think Scunny could accommodate a crowd of around 4000 without too many trouble. After all, the last Bonanza was at Rye, where there is more seats but less room overall.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Shadders, Scunny will be fine. It's possible to stand around the whole track. I would say that the viewing is far better than e.g. Birmingham or other tracks where the supporters are all crammed into the same bit of terracing. I've stood all around the track at Scunny and the viewing is fine from all around. There's normally not that many people on the back straight, but a good number of people could stand along there if necessary.

I think Scunny could accommodate a crowd of around 4000 without too many trouble. After all, the last Bonanza was at Rye, where there is more seats but less room overall.

All the best

Rob

You'll be there early presumably , so book us our table next to the bar on the second bend :wink:

All the best

Rob

Rob, i take it you'll be practicing some more jiggy dance moves. :D

just read on the scunthorpe speedway forum that rob has said that he is to rasie the hole of the back straight buy two levels and the stand on turn one will be done in time for the bend fund . so people need not worry about bin able to see . http://www.scunthorpespeedway.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=questions&action=display&thread=16&page=1

Edited by nutty

just read on the scunthorpe speedway forum that rob has said that he is to rasie the hole of the back straight buy two levels and the stand on turn one will be done in time for the bend fund . so people need not worry about bin able to see . http://www.scunthorpespeedway.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=questions&action=display&thread=16&page=1

That all sounds great. No grumbles for just looking for re-assurances.

Anybody staying over on the Saturday night ? Me and my gang are , so if anybody is interested in a start of season party night after the meeting - we'd be up for it . B)

Anybody staying over on the Saturday night ? Me and my gang are , so if anybody is interested in a start of season party night after the meeting - we'd be up for it . B)

Is Scunthorpe ready for the Glasgow Four, Kevin the landlord of the New Barrack Tavern is still having therapy. :rolleyes:

Edited by spin king

Is Scunthorpe ready for the Glasgow Four, Kevin the landlord of the New Barrack Tavern is still having therapy. :rolleyes:

At least he can afford it now :wink:

Me,the Moose,the Sump,Mrs. DB and mini DB are also staying overnight.

Looks like I`ll need to bring me headache tablets :lol:

We're thinking about staying too - although as usual it will probably be a last minute decision :D

Me,the Moose,the Sump,Mrs. DB and mini DB are also staying overnight.

Looks like I`ll need to bring me headache tablets :lol:

We're thinking about staying too - although as usual it will probably be a last minute decision :D

The more the merrier . The headache tablets should come in handy mate :wink:

Hi Paulco,

I tried to message you but it seems your Inbox is full. Is the club's bar of any interest for your party? If so I can see if Rob will open it all night for you.

Cheers,

Richard