British Speedway Forum

Ippo were planning to announce at 12.00 today what will be happening in 2011 but it seems this has been delayed as per the following from the EADT

"IPSWICH Witches have delayed an announcement on the club’s future plans.

The Suffolk side were set to announce their plans for 2011 on this website today at noon. But they have delayed that now to early next week.

Director Chris Louis said: “We apologise to fans for this, but we want to get things right. We will be able to release our thoughts early next week.”

Quite what Ipswich are planning to do in 2011 is anyone’s guess. Or what the future of the club is.

Here at LoveSpeedway 24 and in the Evening Star and EADT, the latest news will appear"

Anyone have the slightest idea as to what is going on?

It was a pre AGM on tuesday wasn't it so they've obviously learned that either the Elite set up will suit them and its all systems go, or its going to be a 45 point limit leaving them no chance of being competitive and its goodbye Elite and hello premier league.

chris louis is todays evening star "we want the fans to sit down and read it and take everything in"

I could be wrong, but sounds to me like they have indeed taken the drop down and the press release will give the reasons why.

chris louis is todays evening star "we want the fans to sit down and read it and take everything in"

I could be wrong, but sounds to me like they have indeed taken the drop down and the press release will give the reasons why.

agreed

there wouldn't be much to "take in" if they were staying put

Oh dear, that does not sound good.

Ipswich have been putting out inferior teams for years. Their fans have stuck by them but really its up to the promoter to get out and promote and get the riders in, rather than going back to the same old tired faces.

I really hope that Ipswich don't drop down, and use the playoff meeting against Newcastle as part of the reason. If he uses the "it was our biggest crowd of the season against a PL side" comment it will be a huge error of judgement. The fans didn't turn out to see Newcastle. they turned out for the novelty value of a playoff meeting. If Ipswich dropped down you can bet the crowds would also drop down considerably on what they are currently getting.

Success brings in crowds. Putting together a young and attractive team is a formula for success.

totally agree steve. Maybe they are just gonna say that this is our last season in the top flight if things dont change and the club will then go up for sale if it doesnt work out. Also that they tried to sign linus but it didnt come off. Could be many things. Could be that they are trying to put a good team next season and they have signed 2 or 3 world class heat leaders and they need the fans to support them. when i read a paper i am normally sitting down anyway.

Well in the 45 point thread, apparently Peter Adams has said that the average losses for clubs in EL 2010 was £70,000 :shock: . That is a huge amount of money in anyone's book, millionaire or not, so if we do go down to PL perhaps this has some bearing.

And if refused entry to the PL where would we be? If forced to stay EL with a possible 45pt limit we'd be the basement club almost without doubt, more debt, and maybe another Oxford

Could it be that we might even close the doors for a year or two until the people who run the sport in this country see sense

Well in the 45 point thread, apparently Peter Adams has said that the average losses for clubs in EL 2010 was £70,000 :shock: . That is a huge amount of money in anyone's book, millionaire or not, so if we do go down to PL perhaps this has some bearing.

Just have in mind that this years PL champions Edinburgh had loses of £40,000. So dropping down should not be taken lightly by the Louis's

And if refused entry to the PL where would we be? If forced to stay EL with a possible 45pt limit we'd be the basement club almost without doubt, more debt, and maybe another Oxford. Could it be that we might even close the doors for a year or two until the people who run the sport in this country see sense

There's always the National League :P:lol: at least we'd be able to track our own youngsters like Joe Jacobs and Olly Rayson to name a couple.

Since when did the PL become a pot of Gold

Most of if not 90% loosing money hand over fist

Since when did the PL become a pot of Gold

Most of if not 90% loosing money hand over fist

Absolutely. Most EL fans believe the PL is an easy ride though.

How little do they know