British Speedway Forum

Surely Dawid Stachyra would be the first name pencilled in

thought you had to ride on a acu licence or something for premier ...not a polish licence??? i could be well off the mark tho Edited by hans fan

Have to feel very sorry for the Ipswich fans if it is confirmed they have to watch PL speedway next season. :neutral:

I don't believe for one second that PL is better than EL. Has beens, over the hills, never will be's and a few up and comers. Lanham as a number one is sure to pack out the Foxhall terraces.

What a terrible shame.

:(

Have to feel very sorry for the Ipswich fans if it is confirmed they have to watch PL speedway next season. :neutral:

I don't believe for one second that PL is better than EL. Has beens, over the hills, never will be's and a few up and comers. Lanham as a number one is sure to pack out the Foxhall terraces.

What a terrible shame.

:(

A winning team in the PL will see bigger crowds than a rubbish EL team for the club. Fact.

A winning team in the PL will see bigger crowds than a rubbish EL team for the club. Fact.

But why should Ipswich have a winning PL team? They have to start from scratch like any other PL team? just because they have dropped down doesn't mean they will be a force in the PL.

And many Ipswich fans won't want PL speedway. the die hards will come along buut many will say, "sod that". The same price with lesser quality riders. Will the Foxhall terraces be packed out because David Howe or Rene Bach is riding there tonight?

Reckon the crowd will half in size and dwindle further if they don't top the league. All very sad.

I'd be really surprised to see Tony Mole taking Birmingham into the EL. He's not a man for throwing money down the drain needlessly.

If they do move up I can only imagine that a) someone else is taking it over or b.) The BSPA in a desperate attempt to keep 9 teams in the EL are throwing a pile of money at them as a sweetener

But why should Ipswich have a winning PL team? They have to start from scratch like any other PL team? just because they have dropped down doesn't mean they will be a force in the PL.

And many Ipswich fans won't want PL speedway. the die hards will come along buut many will say, "sod that". The same price with lesser quality riders. Will the Foxhall terraces be packed out because David Howe or Rene Bach is riding there tonight?

Reckon the crowd will half in size and dwindle further if they don't top the league. All very sad.

It's not all about the star riders, it's about supporting your home team to win and hopefully see some decent racing with it :)

It's not all about the star riders, it's about supporting your home team to win and hopefully see some decent racing with it :)

There are fans who only follow the star riders though, theres a family of Eastbourne "fans" who stand near me who only come to meetings when they like the riders who are appearing. Horrible chav family so Im quite glad of this :blink:

Because the PL is a lot cheaper to run for a start therefore if they spend as much on the 2010 team in the EL on the 2011 PL team they will be able to track on hell of a PL side, providing the riders want to go there.

Most towns and cities have high support for their local team if they are successful. If the Witches are going well in the PL, the crowds will be big.

If I was an Ipswich fan I would be looking forward to a new challenge. The PL is top racing. It isnt the NL where half of the riders struggle to ride into the bends at top speeds.

Put it this way, you still get bad meetings in the PL. But the Scunthorpe/Sheffield meeting in 2009 on Sky was, barring the world cup at Peterborough, IMO the best televised meeting of the season. It was better than any EL sky meeting I seen all season and this year too I would say.

Steve, i'm hugely disappointed that we've taken the decision to drop a League but the truth is we have far far more options to build a very strong Premier League side than Elite League one.

You've seen Chris Louis' comments, we're totally skint. Nicholls made it clear he'll only hang around if the team is competitive and it was never going to be in all honesty so we were in all sorts of trouble and without doubt would have been in the bottom 2 or 3 again.

That would be financial suicide if the crowd levels stayed the same as they were for the last weeks of the season and with another basement side, there was every chance of that happening.

You won't understand the rivalry between Ipswich and Kings Lynn. Its massive and its the one huge plus point i'm clinging to at the moment. I actually agree with your comments above about the Premier League, i'm not a fan either. But the chance to renew rivalry with Kings Lynn is an exciting one.

Surely Dawid Stachyra would be the first name pencilled in

I bloody hope not that would definitely put an end to my attending at Foxhall!!!

The single most boring rider i've EVER seen in Witches colours. I can't recall one single pass made by this chap in 2 whole seasons of riding for us. He is a gater and nothing more. Sometimes he can pop out, white line it for 4 laps and cling on to take points here and there.

Sorry but he's just very very dull.

But the chance to renew rivalry with Kings Lynn is an exciting one.

Will be great........... just need Peterborough in the Prem now to make for some real "East Anglian" rivalry..... just imagine... might eventually leave Poole all in a league of their own (of which some seem to think thats already the case....... eh Steve). Bet that would make some Poole fans happy though ..... League Champs year upon year!!

1. Kevin Doolan 8.98

2. Ritchie Hawkins 5.86

3. Chris Schramm 6.37

4. Taylor Poole 6.11

5. Leigh Lanham 7.49

6. Jerran Hart 4.39

7. Joe Jacobs 3.00

Total 42.20, without Brit reductions.

Gotta be close...

Don't know about close, think you could well be spot on!

Should have known we'd be in the Premier League as soon as mickthemuppet said it would never happen :rolleyes:

Don't see why dropping down should be a bad thing, its done Lynn no harm whatsoever.

A winning team is what the club needs and its cheaper to build one in the PL. Of course there are clubs struggling in the PL as well as the EL and there's good and poor racing in every league, but this could be the change that the Witches need to prosper.

Edited by Bagpuss

If no takeover is forthcoming then Ipswich will be better of in the PL cause another season like this one would see the club all but collapse!

But the Louis' have to remember that a substandard team in the PL will have the same effect!

Surprised that Birmingham could be moving up. I thought Tony Mole was too astute with his money to do that?

Do we need to start off with imports though Jules? It's an extra off track cost again and Doolan would be a safer bet for away matches