British Speedway Forum

Looks like Schrammy has been offered a team place with the Stars next season so hopefully he'll be lining up for us rather Ipswich.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kozza head your way on loan though.

I'll still be going!

It took me a while to get my head around it but I have been mentally preparing myself since about August this year for a move into the premier. At first, I was dead against it but then I remembered my early seasons of going to speedway and the fact we were in the then National league and the fun people had on the northern tours.

The prospect of seeing many different teams instead of the same ones several times really does appeal but the loss of the bigger names, quells the excitement a tad.

Oh, and SteveP (my meeting updater), is really chuffed at the prospect of Ipswich in the Prem...he was getting bored with the repetitiveness of the Elite.

Each to there own, but if true I won't personally miss the EL at Foxhall.

Elite in name only, no Gollob, Hampel, Crump, Holta, Hancock (1-5 in the SGP), Pedersen, Jonsson or Sayfutdinov, and with Adams retiring just a handful of the top names you would want in an 'Elite' league!

As for Ipswich only Nicholls provided entertainment for me at Foxhall last season, unless Miskowiak out of control is your bag.

Apart from the speed there will I feel be little difference still the usual mix of good races and ones where the riders are strung out like washing. But if Ipswich can survive and hopefully prosper at this level then hopefully they will get the support they deserve.

One of the most interesting comments on this thread for me though came from Orion,

"the other thing to look at is can the Louis put out a decent team in the Pl now that money is not such a problem ? or are they just poor judges in terms of team building".

That to is my concern, they never seemed to have any knowledge of what was happening with riders in the PL, maybe the answer is to look for an experienced PL Team Manager?

The first signing Ipswich should make is a team manager in the mould of Roy Keane, someone who knows all about how to spend money to achieve 2nd tier mediocrity. :lol:

Just a little thought. Would Chris Louis not consider a return to racing at this lower level ? There's your No 1 sorted.

Sorry to see Ipswich go, but imo its a good move, and providing the management put together a good side that will press for honours theres no reason to think the support won't be their. I wish them well.

Im afraid I can't see Ipswich ever returning to EL level under the Louis. But all the best in the PL

I'll still be going!

It took me a while to get my head around it but I have been mentally preparing myself since about August this year for a move into the premier. At first, I was dead against it but then I remembered my early seasons of going to speedway and the fact we were in the then National league and the fun people had on the northern tours.

The prospect of seeing many different teams instead of the same ones several times really does appeal but the loss of the bigger names, quells the excitement a tad.

Oh, and SteveP (my meeting updater), is really chuffed at the prospect of Ipswich in the Prem...he was getting bored with the repetitiveness of the Elite.

Welcome to the PL Sue. your right to have no fears about the PL, it is by far the superior division with regards to entertainment value... and I have seen plenty of both PL and EL to know. I fully believe the Ippo fans will love it and I for one am looking forward to a jaunty down Ippo way in the coming year. :approve:

Edited by BongoBrian

This thread should be moved to PL section

Agreed. And goodriddance!!!

Edited by Mr Snackette

A warm welcome to the PL Ipswich fans :D

A warm welcome??????? Is that like, the special hand wave welcome :lol: