British Speedway Forum

And if refused entry to the PL where would we be? If forced to stay EL with a possible 45pt limit we'd be the basement club almost without doubt, more debt, and maybe another Oxford

Could it be that we might even close the doors for a year or two until the people who run the sport in this country see sense

Oxford never went under because of the El then went bust because they had two rotten eggs in Waggy and Horton running the club ...no matter what league your in if your run poorly then your find yourself in trouble ....A lot of the reasons why Ipswich have lost support has been of there own doing but as normal as is the way in speedway people who run the clubs blame everythink on how the sport in ran rather than themselfs .

I think Ipswich have tried hard,especially changing their track which made the racing better,although the pairs wasn't great, the league meetings were pretty good.

I doubt very much that Ipswich would be allowed to join the Premier League.

Leicester have already been accepted, and Plymouth and Sittingbourne are expected to join.

We couldn't cope with any more

I doubt very much that Ipswich would be allowed to join the Premier League.

Leicester have already been accepted, and Plymouth and Sittingbourne are expected to join.

We couldn't cope with any more

I certainly hope so - Ipswich belong in the EL...

Be ashame if we lose Ipswich a real shame but maybe some fresh new owners and a cash injection is what it needs to put the witches back on the map, time will certainly tell i wait with baited breath.

It'll probably be announcing a major new team sponsor - the local chippy with a (small) bag of chips each week to be shared round :rolleyes:

It'll probably be announcing a major new team sponsor - the local chippy with a (small) bag of chips each week to be shared round :rolleyes:

Let's hope your post is in jest with the best intentions...

Ipswich have been putting out inferior teams for years. Their fans have stuck by them but really its up to the promoter to get out and promote and get the riders in, rather than going back to the same old tired faces.

I really hope that Ipswich don't drop down, and use the playoff meeting against Newcastle as part of the reason. If he uses the "it was our biggest crowd of the season against a PL side" comment it will be a huge error of judgement. The fans didn't turn out to see Newcastle. they turned out for the novelty value of a playoff meeting. If Ipswich dropped down you can bet the crowds would also drop down considerably on what they are currently getting.

Success brings in crowds. Putting together a young and attractive team is a formula for success.

You can speak for them can you??

The PL will only take another two clubs if all the excisting members return next season, The limit is 16 which was agreed two years ago, so one or two clubs could be refused entry .

Maybe the club has been sold.

Oh no, now there's a thought :( , the Witches without the Louis'....not right at all. Mind you I suppose better that than fold :cry: if they want to drop down but can't :unsure:

Have to wait until next week I suppose.

might not be such a bad thing if thats the case. as long as its run properly and secures the future of the club. To be honest i dont think the sport has much time left unless something major happens.

This is an answer from Jon Cook in Lakeside's Hammerzine (August) about the future of the Elite League:

Jon: Its nearing the time of no return for the Elite as it is,so I

would say we will have either an 8 strong league of higher quality

like in Poland or a bigger more EL looking league of 12 to 14 at

sometime in the very near future. Sadly the league at 9 seems not to

fit the Elite tag.

Interesting he mentions only 8 teams and even more interesting is he mentions a league of Higher Quality. This was produced many weeks ago yet we found out this week that a 5 point hike in the points limit is proposed :unsure: . Perhaps Louis has always been against it which prompted him to talk about going Premier. This week we saw the 45 limit in the Press , the same week as the EGM so perhaps they will run with it next year. So this announcement by Ipswich could be their intention to run Premier League next year. Just my guess as Jon Cooks second point of an expanded Elite League isnt going to happen for next year.

Edited by Brummie Kev

who says its prem. Things could be in a really bad state and could just be national league or no speedway at all. If prem we have a a choice of riders at the moment as lets face it only 2 of this years team were elite class.