British Speedway Forum

The same Rempala that was AWFUL at THIS SEASONS 16 Lapper?

No thanks, I was really looking forward to seeing him again that night a month or so ago, remembering how he used to ride totally balls to the wall and his rave reviews from Berwick supporters - and he done none of it, was really disappointing, maybe if the corner banking is added (as expected) this winter then he might be able to do a job at home but for me he's a bigger gamble than Dawid.

That was the same couple of days that he missed a YS match for us at Newport because his Mum had taken ill... maybe he had other things on his mind at that time... :blink:

The Marcin riding for us since August was simply awesome.. and he didn't just do it all from the gate... Two races stick out in my mind with Marcin.. one at Glasgow and the other at Workington where he was simply stunning... I really hope we get Marcin back in our team for next season... Weave some more of his magic for us B)

Despite what everyone is saying, I am personally really looking forward to a season in the PL.

There will be weekly meetings, with riders who are dedicated racers and will turn up week in week out, with a passion for their club. I can recall many occasions in the EL when the top riders have bailed out of a meeting in order to race in or prepare for a "more important meeting". There will be none of this in the PL.

With regards to the crowds dropping, i feel that a true Ipswich speedway supporter will support their club through thick and thin and will embrace a season in the PL, as i would much rather watch a competetive season, than another season like last year. I feel that the position of the club was out of the Louis' hands, with the deal with the businessman falling through at the last stages of agreement. If they seal the witches position in the PL then they have done a very admirable job, as just a few days ago the future was looking bleak for Ipswich speedway.

This may just be a stop gap, for the witches to return to the EL next year, however as i have said, there was nothing which could be done when the deal fell through, so fans should embrace this season, and i'm sure there will be many eating there words when the season is underway.

With regards to the crowds dropping, i feel that a true Ipswich speedway supporter will support their club through thick and thin and will embrace a season in the PL, as i would much rather watch a competetive season, than another season like last year.

I agreem and that's a point I've tried to make before. It will be interesting to see who the true Ipswich supporters really are.....

Would Kings Lynn be that keen to allow their local rivals to use 2 of their assets ? Plus if Ipswich are potless where would they find the money to buy Doolan ?

My thoughts exactly Semmers.

Wouldn't be suprised if Doolan rides at the Foxhole in 2011 as bridges seem to have been burned between he and the family Chapman but the likes of Schramm and Kozza could very well be in the Stars line up next season and as club assets we would get first refusal.

Whether or not they would want to come back to Lynn is another matter of course as riders usually end up racing where they want to race.

I agreem and that's a point I've tried to make before. It will be interesting to see who the true Ipswich supporters really are.....

Can't see how it makes anybody less of a supporter if they don't watch a team in a lower league, happens in every sport.

Also slightly concerned that Ipswich fans seem to think they will be at the top of the Premier League. That may very well not be the case. Tjhe top half of the Premier will have the edge on them in having already assembled a team, having PL assets ETC.

I'll still be going!

It took me a while to get my head around it but I have been mentally preparing myself since about August this year for a move into the premier. At first, I was dead against it but then I remembered my early seasons of going to speedway and the fact we were in the then National league and the fun people had on the northern tours.

The prospect of seeing many different teams instead of the same ones several times really does appeal but the loss of the bigger names, quells the excitement a tad.

Oh, and SteveP (my meeting updater), is really chuffed at the prospect of Ipswich in the Prem...he was getting bored with the repetitiveness of the Elite.

Having wandered away to watch Rye House instead for the last two seasons, as I had got totally fed up with watching the same opposition week in week out, I shall certainly come back. Looking forward to Good Friday already, plus the away match at Rye, although I will sit on the fence for that one.

Would like to see a tenner entry fee for the first four matches or so, firstly to show the public that the spectacle is just as good, and secondly, as an experiment to see if at that price, they can generate even more income by having much bigger crowds.

Just a thought.

At the end of the day it's a good move For Ippo and there only choice under the Louis .....i enjoy it when Swindon were in the Pl and the fans who say they will not watch Pl racing at Ippo will soon come round after a few weeks .

Still a sad day as Ippo should be a El team and under the right peole could be.... ,the other thing to look out is can the Louis put out a decent team in the Pl now that money is not such a problem ? or are they just poor judges in terms of team building ,time will tell .

Don't take in all this guff about ippo fans not likeing the El and we don't like watching the same teams each week rubbish ..it was because they kept getting beat and being bottom .

Edited by orion

Well I'm already looking forward to a visit to the Foxhall cesspool for a guaranteed 4 points in the bag.

Welcome to hell you scumbags :lol:

On a serious note, good luck. Hope you enjoy the PL being behind the mighty Stars every season ;)

Bring on 2011

party0023.gif

Not after last season when he "rode" for us, no thanks

Wilko always gives 100% but on the occasions I saw him at Ipswich last season, he fell far too often and didn't really seem to like the new track

My thoughts exactly Semmers.

Wouldn't be suprised if Doolan rides at the Foxhole in 2011 as bridges seem to have been burned between he and the family Chapman but the likes of Schramm and Kozza could very well be in the Stars line up next season and as club assets we would get first refusal.

Whether or not they would want to come back to Lynn is another matter of course as riders usually end up racing where they want to race.

Have any of the above signed a contract to ride for The Deadbeets in 2011?

If not they are free to ride for any promotion they choose. They are not "assets", they are names on a Retained List held by the BSPA. This has no legal significance, and promoters are acutely aware of the dangers of refusing to allow a non contracted rider the opportunity of riding wherever they want. They will of course huff and puff, and in all probability a loan fee will be paid to keep the whole pretence alive. But at the end of the day, as Swiderski proved a few years back, it is the rider who will decide where they will ply their trade, which is in my view how it should be.

Well I'm already looking forward to a visit to the Foxhall cesspool for a guaranteed 4 points in the bag.

Welcome to hell you scumbags :lol:

On a serious note, good luck. Hope you enjoy the PL being behind the mighty Stars every season ;)

Bring on 2011

party0023.gif

I too am looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with all on Compost Corner.

I remember on one occasion an altercation breaking out, resulting in one Deadbeet fan being carted off to hospital with seven broken fingers. Mind you his other hand was fine!!!!! :D

Edited by Mr Snackette

Have any of the above signed a contract to ride for The Deadbeets in 2011?

If not they are free to ride for any promotion they choose. They are not "assets", they are names on a Retained List held by the BSPA. This has no legal significance, and promoters are acutely aware of the dangers of refusing to allow a non contracted rider the opportunity of riding wherever they want. They will of course huff and puff, and in all probability a loan fee will be paid to keep the whole pretence alive. But at the end of the day, as Swiderski proved a few years back, it is the rider who will decide where they will ply their trade, which is in my view how it should be.

Which is pretty much what my last sentence said :rolleyes:

Would personally like to see one or both back at Lynn but time will tell. People just put two and two together because they have both ridden for Ippo in the past.

Can't see how it makes anybody less of a supporter if they don't watch a team in a lower league, happens in every sport.

Also slightly concerned that Ipswich fans seem to think they will be at the top of the Premier League. That may very well not be the case. Tjhe top half of the Premier will have the edge on them in having already assembled a team, having PL assets ETC.

Then it shows that people who 'claim' to 'support' their club are not true fans, and jump ship at the earliest chance (either looking down their nose at the lower divisions or being a gloryhunter). It would be like me suddenly saying, "they're winning everything, I'll support Poole instead" :rolleyes: I know I've been vocal at times in being 'critical' of Ipswich Speedway but just because I do that, doesn't mean I am thinking of deserting my support for my local team. Once a Ipswich supporter, always an Ipswich supporter..... whichever league we ride in.

I'll still be going!

It took me a while to get my head around it but I have been mentally preparing myself since about August this year for a move into the premier. At first, I was dead against it but then I remembered my early seasons of going to speedway and the fact we were in the then National league and the fun people had on the northern tours.

The prospect of seeing many different teams instead of the same ones several times really does appeal but the loss of the bigger names, quells the excitement a tad.

Oh, and SteveP (my meeting updater), is really chuffed at the prospect of Ipswich in the Prem...he was getting bored with the repetitiveness of the Elite.

It was a general observation being made Sue, not aimed at one particular person. Time will tell whether we can make a success of the Premier League in the coming seasons but if it is indeed the case that we are moving down, people should at least give it a fair crack before so dismissive of the idea.

And TBH, there aren't many 'big names' are there in the Delete League? I mean, oh no, I'll miss the excitement of seeing Ben Barker, Lewis Bridger, Ulrich Ostergaard etc etc :rolleyes: such a travesty :(:P:lol:

Don't take in all this guff about ippo fans not likeing the El and we don't like watching the same teams each week rubbish ..it was because they kept getting beat and being bottom .

It's a perfectly legitimate argument. Can you honestly say that if Swindon had suffered a similar feat themselves, you'd be wanting to keep going in a league where there is ever higher costs for a lower quality product? You'd be happy to see the Robins time and again occupying bottom spot in a league table, rather than taking a calculated decision/punt at the next league down but see your team up the sharp end in the top 4 or so? If that is the case, then there is either delusion involved or your easily satisfied.

The simple fact of the matter is that speedway across the board needs massive root and branch reform.