British Speedway Forum

Unless Bob has sold up then Eastbourne will be an elite league team next year. Sorry to disappoint both yourself and Steve.

Why on earth would we be disappointed if Eastbourne stayed EL? :blink:

cos then you wouldnt be able to come on here and slate the track,the fans,the promotion etc

Ridiculous statement at this time.

Unless Bob has sold up then Eastbourne will be an elite league team next year. Sorry to disappoint both yourself and Steve.

Bob don't want to leave the Elite league, just turn it into the PL.

Whilst it is definitely frustrating being an Ipswich supporter..... I will continue to go, no matter what league the club competes in. And so should true Ipswich supporters, you stick by your club through highs and lows. Just because I've vented frustrations in recent seasons doesn't mean I am going to desert supporting the Witches.

Besides, Premier League would be more interesting in that the same teams don't keep visiting every week. And of course, one big plus would be renewing the old rivalry with Kings Lynn, that's worth it alone :approve:

Would be good if Ippo did come down, hopefully back to the Good Friday double headers of years gone by. Kings Lynn fans "suffered" the same fate when Buster decided that Speedway at Saddlebow was only only sustainable by dropping down to the Premier League. In the short term it does take some getting use to. However after a while you do get use to the lower standard of racing. Speedway has it core supporters, who come rain or shine, however your floating fans turn up to watch a successful team, which I am sure Ipswich will be at a lower level. I would say at Kings Lynn the gates compare quite favourably with when they were last in the Elite League.

Good Luck to them if they have chosen to take the drop to the PL .... If as Peter Adams suggested each season most Elite League clubs are losing £70,000 makes sense, I doubt that PL speedway would effect there attendances too much.

Plus they would have relative local derbies with Kings Lynn + Rye House.

Has anyone considered the possibility of no speedway at all at Ipswich next year?

It's being so cheerful that keeps you going isn't it?

It's being so cheerful that keeps you going isn't it?

ha ha

Just that it seems to be a foregone conculsion on here that Ippo will be running

Only asking the question

see my other thread "Ipswich to be 2011 Elite League Champions"

Has anyone considered the possibility of no speedway at all at Ipswich next year?

No, and why should we? In all the interviews John and Chris Louis have given, at no time have they hinted that this is even an option. Indeed the first prize in the recent fancy dress competition was a junior season ticket for next year.

No, and why should we? In all the interviews John and Chris Louis have given, at no time have they hinted that this is even an option. Indeed the first prize in the recent fancy dress competition was a junior season ticket for next year.

I am sure they have a lot of Money invested in Ipswich speedway, why would they just walk away from that ? At the very least they would look to recoup some, if not all of their outlay, by selling the thing on.

http://www.lovespeedway24.co.uk/teams/ipswich-witches/louis_studying_all_the_options_1_720368

Nothing seems to settled as yet

Edited by semion

It goes without saying there will be more variety but to say they can rebuild is nonesense as they will just become a feeder club like every other PL team. Train up quality youngsters for the EL teams.

How can they make a quality asset base? Every time they get a special talent he will be gone in a season. And they have to go by the same rules as every other PL club so they won't be some strong juggernaut. Where is the infrastructure to get the youngsters coming through the NL ranks?

To make money and be successful you need to put together a winning team. The Louis have failed miserably at this in the last 10 seasons.So a drop down will solve these problems? Al it will do is lose a great big chunk of their fan base who won't want to watch PL racing, and their top riders past their best several seasons ago.

Much more sensible to go out and get some decent talent into the team and get rid of the Slabons and Miskowiaks.

It's not often I agree with you but I do in this case. I will not be attending if we take the drop and the money I save I can spend on a sky sports subscription. I do not accept that more teams makes the racing any better and if you are at the bottom of the PL is that better than the bottom of the EL? A lot of people seem to be assuming that we would put a out a title challenging team at PL level - there's no guarantee of that. I like to watch some of the world's best riders and with no disrespect intended, anything more than £10 to watch PL is too much.

Watching the world's best riders ? Think they are rather thin on the ground in the Elite League these days.

It's not often I agree with you but I do in this case. I will not be attending if we take the drop and the money I save I can spend on a sky sports subscription. I do not accept that more teams makes the racing any better and if you are at the bottom of the PL is that better than the bottom of the EL? A lot of people seem to be assuming that we would put a out a title challenging team at PL level - there's no guarantee of that. I like to watch some of the world's best riders and with no disrespect intended, anything more than £10 to watch PL is too much.

Not a lot of worlds best in the EL these days :rolleyes: