British Speedway Forum

So does anyone have an indication as to when a solid statement will be made regarding the club? I am hoping they will sell up get some fresh blood in and have a big sponsor lined up and Ipswich emerge a solid force for 2011 where ever they may be EL/PL but I for one will be sad if we lose them from EL they are a team that should be in top flight. Lets hope something good comes of this silence

It is always a great shame to read the 'snooty' posts about the PL - people forget that riders need to learn their trade.

If so called speedway supporters look down their noses at the PL and NL,where do the riders learn their skills?

We need to encouraging through our support of the up and coming. Let's face it British Speedway is sadly lacking in it British top stars. The EL is a place where the international riders 'pop' in a couple of times a week to boost their money.

It should always be remembered that NL and PL riders have something to prove wanting to progress, they are not all 'gate and go' that could be levied at some in the EL.

Real speedway supporters should be united by speedway.

It is always a great shame to read the 'snooty' posts about the PL - people forget that riders need to learn their trade.

If so called speedway supporters look down their noses at the PL and NL,where do the riders learn their skills?

We need to encouraging through our support of the up and coming. Let's face it British Speedway is sadly lacking in it British top stars. The EL is a place where the international riders 'pop' in a couple of times a week to boost their money.

It should always be remembered that NL and PL riders have something to prove wanting to progress, they are not all 'gate and go' that could be levied at some in the EL.

Welcome to the forum 'Counter' I for one don't look down at the PL I actually prefer watching that to EL. Good first post though sounds like you have your head screwed on.

I certainly don't look down my nose at the PL/NL and don't think I was being snooty or looking down my nose. I have also been regularly attending speedway since 1978 so don't think I am a "so called supporter either" so I hope you weren't including me in your post? Anyone who pays to watch/attend has the right to decide and my preference has been and always will be watching the top level of speedway in the UK. Some prefer F1 and other prefer karting, as they say you pay your money & take your choice.

Edited by SPEEDY69

maybe the losses are not so big or are of manageable proportions , if you were faced with the choice PL or no speedway what would you choose ? would premier league be all that bad , different teams each week and better racing ,

Better racing rolleyes.gif yet another speedway myth comes along ....dont tell me Pl reserves have more chance of beating Pl heat leaders as well blink.gif

Reading between the lines i think the press release that was due on Friday before being pulled by the club was to announce their intention to ride in the Premier League. Reading Chris Louis' latest statement today, last ditch efforts are probably being made to keep them in the Elite League. Could be wrong, but thats how it looks to me.

I agree they are probably being talked in to staying put and i think we will. Its a bit crap only having 9 clubs in the top flight, losing another clearly isn't ideal.

The EL can ill afford to lose more teams to the PL. I am wondering if some behind the scenes bargaining is going on to help keep Ipswich in the EL.

The teams who are destined to remian in the top flight need other teams to fill up the fixture list and give a bit of variety. So I am wondering if a deal is being worked on to loan the teams who are struggling to be competitive. Teams like Poole have riders on their books who we are not using and perhaps now id the time to offer these riders on a free loan deal for a season.

And what about giving Ipswich a little help with an increased portion of the Sky money? Whilst it might cost the EL clubs initially, keeping the amount of teams up in the EL is paramount.

The EL can ill afford to lose more teams to the PL. I am wondering if some behind the scenes bargaining is going on to help keep Ipswich in the EL.

The teams who are destined to remian in the top flight need other teams to fill up the fixture list and give a bit of variety. So I am wondering if a deal is being worked on to loan the teams who are struggling to be competitive. Teams like Poole have riders on their books who we are not using and perhaps now id the time to offer these riders on a free loan deal for a season.

And what about giving Ipswich a little help with an increased portion of the Sky money? Whilst it might cost the EL clubs initially, keeping the amount of teams up in the EL is paramount.

2 words Steve.

Self Interest.

When Reading dropped to the Premier League I didn't notice a drop in attendances, some weeks I actually thought the gates were better. As for the quality of racing, it was very much the same as when Reading were in the EL, some excellent, some good and some average. I got as much pleasure watching The Big 'O' blasting around the fence as our coveted No1 as I did watching Greg Hancock chase down and passing opposition riders.

The beauty of Speedway is that it is four blokes bombing round a track on a fast bike with no brakes, whatever level you watch it at and the racing can be just as exciting for many differing reasons.

Why should the Louis' lose further money by paying over the odds to try and win the Elite league??? I would rather have a team in the PL for years to come than have a team challenging for the EL title for 1/2 years and then going bust. It's alright for people to say 'bring in the top riders and challenge for the EL title' when it's not their money isn't it.

I trust Chris Louis more than any other (apart from Jon Cook maybe) in Speedway, he comes across as someone who thinks with their head rather than their chequebook and will do what is best fir Ipswich in the LONG term.

For those that haven't read it, this is today's statement from Chris Louis...

Ipswich Witches Director of Speedway,Chris Louis, has issued the following statement on behalf of the club, following last week’s events when a press release about the future of the Witches was withdrawn at the 11th hour.

“Since we pulled our press release at the end of last week, quite understandably there have been many rumours about what it was all about,” Louis said.

“The bottom line is that things are moving apace and our options are numerous, more numerous than they appeared to be even just last week.

“I only want what is best for this club and its fans going forward, and that is why dialogue is continuing with many people. As soon as we are in a position to say more we will do so.”

Totally agree, but it seems the only interfering the other teams are doing is trying to sign Nicholls, King etc for their own benefit.

Teams like Poole have riders on their books who we are not using and perhaps now id the time to offer these riders on a free loan deal for a season.

Holder

Ward

Mroczka

Pedersen

Watt

Madsen

Doyle

.........not sure you could give them away! :D

Totally agree, but it seems the only interfering the other teams are doing is trying to sign Nicholls, King etc for their own benefit.

Poole own Kasprzak. Loan him to Ipswich for a season loan free. It would cost Matt Ford perhaps £8000 but would give them a decent top two of Nicholls and KK, with King as third heat leader. Build the rest of the team sensibly around those three and they would definately be challenging for a playoff berth.

It would cost Poole a loan fee but would help Ipswich remain in the EL. Whilst it's not my money to play around with, a rider like KK could just as easily say no to the UK in 2011 and Matt would get nothing anyway. Yes Coventry would be a rider down but he is not thier's anyway. They could go for one of their assets to cover, like Andreas Jonsson. Sandhu could surely afford it.

Just thinking out loud here but if this is what's needed then no one, not even Coventry fans, would begrudge such a move if it saved Ipswich from dropping down.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Poole own Kasprzak. Loan him to Ipswich for a season loan free. It would cost Matt Ford perhaps £8000 but would give them a decent top two of Nicholls and KK, with King as third heat leader. Build the rest of the team sensibly around those three and they would definately be challenging for a playoff berth.

It would cost Poole a loan fee but would help Ipswich remain in the EL. Whilst it's not my money to play around with, a rider like KK could just as easily say no to the UK in 2011 and Matt would get nothing anyway. Yes Coventry would be a rider down but he is not thier's anyway. They could go for one of their assets to cover, like Andreas Jonsson. Sandhu could surely afford it.

Just thinking out loud here but if this is what's needed then no one, not even Coventry fans, would begrudge such a move if it saved Ipswich from dropping down.

And who would pay his wages ? The reason Kasper is at Cov is because of the good money they pay him ....Ippo can't match that so Kasper won't ride for Ipswich free loan or no free loan .