British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Usa Touring Team 2011

Boogaloo at monmore against the mighty heathens would be magic and a big crowd puller!!!

Right if you can get Boogaloo in a team against the mighty Heathens then you had better start selling advance tickets and give a date asap because I would want to be there (proberly along with many hundreds of other fans).

Right if you can get Boogaloo in a team against the mighty Heathens then you had better start selling advance tickets and give a date asap because I would want to be there (proberly along with many hundreds of other fans).

The bring Boogaloo back to the Heathens campaign is gaining momentum! The Penhall Museum sponsor will be very happy!!!

For the Spring we're going to be bringing along a camera man and filming the tour - race action, workshop, minibus, the tour personnel, etc. We'll edit it down into a mini documentary. There may be an expanded edition featuring our night on the town in Plymouth too!!!

Steve, YOU just have to bring Boogaloo back before he gets to Old :wink: but of course it would have to include at least 1 date at either Monmore or Perry Barr, it may also be an idea to have Boogaloos spanner man <Blonde haired guy in the 80s> come with him initials are BP but only as Boogaloos spanner man of course, what other PR would you need for the Dream Team...lol.

Edited by greyhoundp

I hope Eddie Castro is back - the blend of young and old riders gives the Dream / Touring Team a feel of being real speedway team and despite his age, I go to speedway to be entertained and Eddie is entertainment!

A visit to Derwent Park would be excellent although fitting a fixture in at a saturday track could be awkward .

Looking through the previous posts it looks like a team of:

1 Bobby Schwartz

2 Gino Manzares

3 Tyson Burmeister

4 Tim Gomez

5 Eddie Castro

6 Austin Novratil

7 Bryce Starks

should get a few people through the turnstiles, definitely me for one.

You forgot Bruce Penhall and Dennis Sigalos.

You forgot Bruce Penhall and Dennis Sigalos.

Happy Thanksgiving from the USA! Our plans for 2011 are very advanced and ahead of schedule! Thanks to all our UK friends for your good support!

I suspect I'm wasting my time posting but Jimmy "the Animal" Fishback should be on the touring list and signed by PL Promoters who want a showman who will meet his assessed average. Bryce Starks would be the 2nd name on Storming's list. I agree that Boogoloo would be fun and bring back some nice memories.

Anyone think we should go Elite League next season?

Edited by SteveEvans

Hope to see the Touring Team back at Ipswich in 2011, was a thoroughly enjoyable meeting :approve: would like to see them visit again :)

Thanks Chris, that meeting at Foxhall was hugely enjoyable and with Tyson & Eddie beating PL regulars more than once it really shows how far we have come in the last 12 months.

We're planning on taking our new era (post Dream Team) look a step further next year by unveiling a nickname for the team (we want to run the team like an actual league speedway club). I have a team nickname in mind but any of our fans are welcome to throw something out there. Ideas?

We're planning on taking our new era (post Dream Team) look a step further next year by unveiling a nickname for the team (we want to run the team like an actual league speedway club). I have a team nickname in mind but any of our fans are welcome to throw something out there. Ideas?

Team Yankee Doodle Dandee? :wink::lol: