British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Usa Touring Team 2011

BTW, the side is still listed as USA Dream Team in the fixtures on the BSPA website.... :blink:

I'm sure a quick message from someone with authority to do so on behalf of the touring side to the webmaster of the BSPA site and/or the BSPA Office / Press Office setting out any official changes necessary, will rectify any problems.

Edited by Bryn

I'm heading up to Brum with Big Phil Morris next Thursday for the meeting against the USA boys. Looking forward to seeing them in action and hopefully meeting some of the guys who work hard to put it all together.

The 8 riders for the first three matches will be (in non riding order)- Eddie Castro, Shawn McConnell, Doug Nicol, Mike Buman, Joey Holt, Jim Terchila, Dylan Black and Marvin Sonnier. We will have a #8 named who will be a floating reserve and we intend to give the #8 a couple of rides per event. The last 4 riders are very raw - either very young or older clubman riders getting a chance to live their dream. Having had two riders graduate in the last 12 months and sign for British teams, its back to the development board with the next batch. But win or lose, we bring a show - Old Skool, New Skool!

If its anything like a usual tour we will build momentum as we go and really be on top form when it matters - against Dudley!!

Any team news for next thursday yet??

The 8 riders for the first three matches will be (in non riding order)- Eddie Castro, Shawn McConnell, Doug Nicol, Mike Buman, Joey Holt, Jim Terchila, Dylan Black and Marvin Sonnier. We will have a #8 named who will be a floating reserve and we intend to give the #8 a couple of rides per event. The last 4 riders are very raw - either very young or older clubman riders getting a chance to live their dream. Having had two riders graduate in the last 12 months and sign for British teams, its back to the development board with the next batch. But win or lose, we bring a show - Old Skool, New Skool!

If its anything like a usual tour we will build momentum as we go and really be on top form when it matters - against Dudley!!

See Mr Evans, how simple was that!!!unsure.gif

I got the complicated version of who is riding where and when!!!biggrin.gif

Really looking forward to it Steve, Just as long as you dont think your going to beat the heathens again :wink: See you at Birmingham next thursday, i know one member of the Bulls team because im helping him in the pits but be intresting to see who the other 6 bulls are.

Team flying today, lands tomorrow late morning, just in time to get everyone accomodated and to Monmore Green. We are super excited about this tour. It's going to be tough for some of the newer riders but that is to be expected. The plan is to start winning meetings by event 4 and learn and progress before. Having had two riders graduate the team in the last year there is an aspect of starting over but that is the way it goes. Hope many people come and see us - the old guys up top are pure showmen!

Can't see Ronnie Correy in that list Steve. I was led to believe he'd be appearing in a couple of matches, one of them at Rye House.

Team flying today, lands tomorrow late morning, just in time to get everyone accomodated and to Monmore Green. We are super excited about this tour. It's going to be tough for some of the newer riders but that is to be expected. The plan is to start winning meetings by event 4 and learn and progress before. Having had two riders graduate the team in the last year there is an aspect of starting over but that is the way it goes. Hope many people come and see us - the old guys up top are pure showmen!

Hopefully we'll be at Rye for your match against Hackney Steve... thoroughly enjoyed the last time I seen the Americans at Lakeside... :)

Hopefully we'll be at Rye for your match against Hackney Steve... thoroughly enjoyed the last time I seen the Americans at Lakeside... :)

Blimey! :shock: Shadders treating you to gourmet fish 'n chips?? :wink:

Steve, is Tyson Burmeister a possibility to boost your squad? Could be great for his confidence and experience and

also great for your chances of winning a match or more now Ronnie Correy seems to have quietly pulled out. Surely worth a call if you haven't already.

Steve, is Tyson Burmeister a possibility to boost your squad? Could be great for his confidence and experience and

also great for your chances of winning a match or more now Ronnie Correy seems to have quietly pulled out. Surely worth a call if you haven't already.

Steve is struggling with internet on this trip so you've got me instead!!!

Tyson was keen to ride for us this year as was Kenny Ingalls.

They both recognize and appreciate the importance of the tour but for Kenny, his recent operation has ended that hope and Tyson has decided he needs to concentrate on getting things right with Wolves.

Kenny has traveled with the team where possible but I don't think we will see Tyson at any of the distant tracks.

The team (management, riders and crew) are really pleased Tyson has made a good start to the season and wish him well as his season gets underway.

Another success of the Dream Team & American Touring Team.party0040.gif

Hello, maybe here someone will answer me. I'm looking heat details of match Birmingham - USA which was few days ago, to put into my website speedwayresults.com. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for the reply, Sandie. Steve is normally very good at responding so I had wondered why he hadn't posted much lately.

Yes Tyson must do what will help him best. Would be good if he does a local meeting or two, enjoys winning some races and helps the boys wave the victory flag!