British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Usa Touring Team 2011

Sorry but have to agree with backless .the public are paying good money to watch what ammounts to amatuer racing with one or two exceptions..What promoter in his right mind is going to risk putting this standard of racing on again next year...

The American Team has Austin Novratil riding for the rest of the tour as of tomorrow night. That's 4 teenagers (Joey Holt is getting good reviews) and 3 older rider coaches.

These tours are tough to arrange and you can only bring the riders who can afford to come. With two riders being signed up in the last year we for sure need to rebuild but the only way to do that is to keep bringing riders through the system and to keep touring. Our tours always get better as they progress and please bear in mind you have 7 riders on borrowed biked on tracks twice the size as back home. We knew this team wasn't as strong as before and to compensate we had Kenny Ingalls and Ronnie Correy lined up to ride for us - Kenny is injured and Ronnie blew up his bike and did not want to borrow equipment.

We like to win when we can but when we get promoters showing interest in our riders, as has already occurred with Holt, it is all worth while!!!

We looked decent at Brum, awful at Rye and better last night. We are fully aware we are a decent rider short and each guy is riding out of position, so adding Austin will make it better.

Edited by SteveEvans

I am very glad to hear that Austin is now in the team!

Cannot wait to see him again, this time around Derwent Park. How will they all cope with the big wide, long straights of Workington remains to be seen, but I look forward to it.

Just out of interest, does anyone actually know who the USA team is riding against at our place??

If young Austin Novratil is going to be riding against Dudley I may just pop along. I was immensely impressed with the lad last season.

I shall look out for you and make sure you bring £1 with you and I will sell you an Austin Novratill keyring!party0040.gif

The American Team has Austin Novratil riding for the rest of the tour as of tomorrow night. That's 4 teenagers (Joey Holt is getting good reviews) and 3 older rider coaches.

These tours are tough to arrange and you can only bring the riders who can afford to come. With two riders being signed up in the last year we for sure need to rebuild but the only way to do that is to keep bringing riders through the system and to keep touring. Our tours always get better as they progress and please bear in mind you have 7 riders on borrowed biked on tracks twice the size as back home. We knew this team wasn't as strong as before and to compensate we had Kenny Ingalls and Ronnie Correy lined up to ride for us - Kenny is injured and Ronnie blew up his bike and did not want to borrow equipment.

We like to win when we can but when we get promoters showing interest in our riders, as has already occurred with Holt, it is all worth while!!!

We looked decent at Brum, awful at Rye and better last night. We are fully aware we are a decent rider short and each guy is riding out of position, so adding Austin will make it better.

Steve, its a fantastic gesture to british speedway fans to see a USA touring team as also with the Lapworth's excellent idea of a Vikings squad.

All the hard work you do is appreciated by some of us.

But when touring - you guys have got to entertain the payers? The future lies with the young and up coming speedway riders, the likes of Eddie and Mad Dog with respect should be coaching "not riding".

Better to bring a load of guys over for 4-6 weeks to view and intake rather than ride in meetings.

Im sure there are many behind what you do, and in my opinion speedway needs a US star....

Keep working but the future is with the young

As "problems" go, not having any riders is a pretty big one. The Yanks might not have had any talent for the most part, but at least they have the requisite number of body parts to form a team.

To be fair until these 2 current touring squads, both have proved to be competitive opposition over the last few seasons.

To be fair until these 2 current touring squads, both have proved to be competitive opposition over the last few seasons.

And what bearing does that have on this year?

All the more reason for withdrawing if they're not up to it - which they clearly aren't - rather than serving up substandard novice fayre.

When booking them that's all the promoters have to go, previous experience.

Can understand your lack of entertainment last night, but i think your over reaction quite comical. I also detect from the tone and some of the "inside" comments there is a personal edge to your rant too.

Edited by Dekker

I don't know if Jonas Andersen was racing for Team Viking last night but he looked very impressive at the Cov press and practice, and also spoke very well at the NSSC meeting. He does look like he could be a future star and definitely not a novice.

Can understand your lack of entertainment last night, but i think your over reaction quite comical. I also detect from the tone and some of the "inside" comments there is a personal edge to your rant too.

If Team Viking come back and thats a big IF I can assure everyone we will be better organised with riders. I have already had offers of help to run the touring team in the future and one thing that has been suggested is that we make riders sign a binding contract or pay a bond which would make them think twice about pulling out at the last minute.

If the meeting was not seen as entertaining last night then we apologise but I have seen plenty of one sided meetings in the past and that was not one of them. The Americans kept up with us and is was not until heat 12 that we could pull clear.

Fair enough the Americans are not as strong as before but they are all trying and are a nice bunch of guys so lets give them a chance.

It was nice to win though :lol:

All the more reason to pull the plug if necessary. Apart from anything else, based on this year's experience, the promoters' aren't exactly going to be beating down doors next year, are they?

Nothing other than a waste of my time & money - that personal enough for you?

All the more reason to pull the plug if necessary. Apart from anything else, based on this year's experience, the promoters' aren't exactly going to be beating down doors next year, are they?

Nope thats something the organiser will have to overcome.

Nothing other than a waste of my time & money - that personal enough for you?

And how much was it to get in last night? Edited by Dekker

Nice to have a polite and explanatory reply from Steve which the Lapworths could learn much from.

This is a family forum and such foul and offensive language is unacceptable and reflects very badly on you both. It's a shame as Sarah's postings had always been so good before. I hope you both now reflect and are ashamed.

Nice to have a polite and explanatory reply from Steve which the Lapworths could learn much from.

This is a family forum and such foul and offensive language is unacceptable and reflects very badly on you both. It's a shame as Sarah's postings had always been so good before. I hope you both now reflect and are ashamed.

Norman I have personally apologized to the person in question and removed my post and promise never to be a naughty boy again or sarah will never let me watch speedway again :cry:

You both obviously devote a lot of time and effort for the good of speedway so it's good to hear you've apologised and we can all move on. Enjoy your speedway, Kelvin. I look forward to more nice posts from Sarah!