Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Usa Touring Team 2011

Really looking forward to seeing the USA Dream Team riding at Workington this weekend. I just wish people would give these guys a bit of slack, the tracks they ride on over here must be a new experience, big and wide and at times very fast. We at Worky got a good 'un in young Kenny last year, he has taken to our track like a duck to water. Hope another young American pops his head above the water this year and get a contract in Britain nexy season.

See you boys on Saturday at Derwent Park.

Bring it on Sarah, what Mike did to your lad was wrong, but thats got nothing to do with the team, come on you Devils. :mad:

Edited by Roger MARTIN

Is there anyone going to the Plymouth leg of this tour who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Did you enjoy this evening's meeting on SKY? I certainly didn't, it was so one sided - should the plug be pulled on Lakeside?

Backless, this is a forum and as such you have a right to your opinion but as someone very much involved with the American Touring Team I have to say I disagree with it.

These lads are working their butts off trying to put on a show for you all and I would like to thank all the wonderful people at Newcastle last night who were singing the praises of Joey Holt.

Birmingham was a hard meeting as we had not been able to practice but it was a great meeting full of 'entertainment'. Rye House (Hawks), we went a little astray and to the fans there, we apologize for the not so fantastic performance.

But then at Newcastle last night I think the Americans came back with a fire in their bellies and were ready to put the night before way behind them. I enjoyed the meeting, maybe it wasn't such a 'show' as we needed to get 15 heats into 1 hour racing time!

Each year brings different riders, they all have something to offer. I love touring with them as they are such a genuine bunch of guys.

The First Aid team at Rye House certainly like them. They got to know them pretty well and made a point of coming to us at the end of the meeting and wished to express their thanks for their politeness and concern when riders went down. They said - we don't get that normally!

I know that doesn't make for good racing, but it does make for good people.

im looking forward to Austin riding as he has a lot to offer but if he wasn't here I would still be singing the praises of the other tour members - they work so hard at every meeting on borrowed bikes and battered bodies with this schedule.

I hope the fans at Wolves (Dudley), Plymouth, Workington and Buxton, our remaining fixtures, appreciate the efforts that is going into making this tour possible.

3 down, 4 to goparty0040.gif

since Backless is the only person who feels he's been robbed by substandard fare , why dont you put him out of his misery and offer him a refund of the extra admission , I'll give you half of it , after all it's not much considering how much the riders and neccesary entourage are making during the tour , I know we did well out of the newcastle meeting ,we only made a loss of around £100 so your boys might not have done so well when you consider their airfares , vehicle hire, accomodation , upgraded license fees etc . Send him a cheque and i'll give you my half when you return to Brandon after the tour

Many thanks to Steve and the boys for making me a welcome part of the day at Plymouth. Unofficial helper to Mr Evans (well i gave out the helmet colours and picked heat 15). So good to be part of the backroom crew.

Its been 3 years in the planning but at last i finally got to Plymouth to see the USA boys in action.

Thought that some the action was pretty good.

Im amazed at some of the criticism being levelled at the touring group. There on a learning curve, just what do some people expect? :rolleyes:

Always good to see Eddie in action, and uncle Doug was really going for it.

Good to see Dylan have a better meeting and he was excited about it i can tell you.

Austin just needs to concentrate more and he is certainly rated - its just not working for him this tour it seems.

Part One:

since Backless is the only person who feels he's been robbed by substandard fare ,

Really? I'm the only one.......?

Can't see Ronnie Correy in that list Steve. I was led to believe he'd be appearing in a couple of matches, one of them at Rye House.

Well, after having been banged on about at length it transpires that the retired star whose addition to the team would excite everyone's interest didn't materialise..... becasue of a blown engine.

No disrespect to the guys on the tour, but I think you boys need to send for reinforcements .......

Definatly need reinforcements sunk without trace at Rye by the Hawks youngsters..Just not up to the standard required at national level..Nostalgic value only if your into that..Shame as previous tours have provided exciting competative meetings..Needs at least two if not three competative replacements..Where from ??..

Spot on.

Looks as though some don't like the truth.

Sorry but have to agree with backless .the public are paying good money to watch what ammounts to amatuer racing with one or two exceptions..What promoter in his right mind is going to risk putting this standard of racing on again next year...

Part Two: :o

If Team Viking come back and thats a big IF I can assure everyone we will be better organised with riders. Fair enough the Americans are not as strong as before but they are all trying and are a nice bunch of guys so lets give them a chance.

Having already knocked it on the head / put it out of its misery, that'll be another admission of being understrength. So that's now BOTH organisers.

Being a "nice bunch of guys" isn't really the point though is it?

Nice to have a polite and explanatory reply from Steve which the Lapworths could learn much from.

This is a family forum and such foul and offensive language is unacceptable and reflects very badly on you both. It's a shame as Sarah's postings had always been so good before. I hope you both now reflect and are ashamed.

Exactly. Another nice attitude (albeit since withdrawn).

Backless, this is a forum and as such you have a right to your opinion but as someone very much involved with the American Touring Team I have to say I disagree with it.

Each year brings different riders, they all have something to offer. I love touring with them as they are such a genuine bunch of guys.

As it's a couple of weeks holiday, travelling round & being "involved", that'll probably colour your opinion though, won't it?

Backless - I think you have made your point clear now, Time to move on :rolleyes:

I'll be cheering for you on friday - hope you can wipe the smile of Mr Bowdens face :lol:

Well, I HAD moved on until one of the Americans' "foster mothers" brought me up by name as being the only one who thought it to be substandard.

Of course, you cheering on the Yanks (as well as the up 7 coming JOe Screen & Lubos Tomicek) wouldn't be related to Mr Bowden cancelling Team Viking, would it?

So, why would that have happened? I'll take a stab at that being someone else added to the list of those not interested in "substandard fayre" .

Its been a difficult start to the tour but as per usual, match four is where we really get it going.

Not something previously mentioned though is it? "First half of the tour not good enough as per usual" wouldn't really work as an advertising strategy.

Unofficial helper to Mr Evans (well i gave out the helmet colours and picked heat 15). So good to be part of the backroom crew.

Im amazed at some of the criticism being levelled at the touring group. There on a learning curve, just what do some people expect? :rolleyes:

Oh good, someone else "involved" in speedway. Once again though, being an integral part of "the show" somewhat colours your opinion. Still, being in the pits must have been exciting.

From the learning curve on dislpay last week, what could be expected would be most of the Activity Holidaymakers signing up to ride in the Amateur Meetings at (Say) Scunthorpe. Of course then they wouldn't need so much mothering & err tour infrastructure & "backroom crew" :blink:

Still, I'm sure it's been a nice holiday. :rofl:

Edited by Backless

Seriously, come on people, just cut the crap for once!

Can we please just get back onto the topic of speedway, and forget about all the bickering??

It is just becoming so pathetic these days on this forum!!!

Crikey people......how can you say "fair comment" and then go on bickering? :rolleyes:

The only way to prove people wrong is out on the track.But then again just by the various opinions of various meetings the old adage goes...you can't please all of the people all of the time.I am off to Vojens in the morning to see two meetings full of young Danes.I wouldn't want to be helping out in the pits.I want to be watching great action,following the progress of some riders i have followed for a number of years,seeing some new guys and no injuries

Oh,the post was deleted,which makes the first bit of my post read a bit strange.....wise decision :nono:

Edited by iris123

Crikey people......how can you say "fair comment" and then go on bickering? :rolleyes:

The only way to prove people wrong is out on the track.But then again just by the various opinions of various meetings the old adage goes...you can't please all of the people all of the time.I am off to Vojens in the morning to see two meetings full of young Danes.I wouldn't want to be helping out in the pits.I want to be watching great action,following the progress of some riders i have followed for a number of years,seeing some new guys and no injuries

Oh,the post was deleted,which makes the first bit of my post read a bit strange.....wise decision :nono:

Sensible post Iris.

I'm not going to comment on Backless' posts as I have moved on!

But to pick up something from yours - I agree that not being in the pits and watching from the fans side is hugely favorable.

I have watched most of the touring racing BUT, due to duties on my 'holiday' (okay just 1 dig please!!) I have been walking round tracks bucket in hand collecting donations to help house the lads. Sometime's I really do wish I could just sit back and enjoy the whole meeting BUT, my commitment to the team outweighs that and I don't think I would change it for anything.

I get nothing back from this tour apart from, friendships that will last a lifetime and the satisfaction I did some good.

But come Wednesday evening I will look forward to going back to the outside of the track and enjoy watching my Bees and trying to keep my programme up to date.

Enjoy Vojens.anim_32.gif

Sensible post Iris.

I'm not going to comment on Backless' posts as I have moved on!

But to pick up something from yours - I agree that not being in the pits and watching from the fans side is hugely favorable.

I have watched most of the touring racing BUT, due to duties on my 'holiday' (okay just 1 dig please!!) I have been walking round tracks bucket in hand collecting donations to help house the lads. Sometime's I really do wish I could just sit back and enjoy the whole meeting BUT, my commitment to the team outweighs that and I don't think I would change it for anything.

I get nothing back from this tour apart from, friendships that will last a lifetime and the satisfaction I did some good.

But come Wednesday evening I will look forward to going back to the outside of the track and enjoy watching my Bees and trying to keep my programme up to date.

Enjoy Vojens.anim_32.gif

I agree with you.Just to go and watch the meeting a have a chat and a drink is the best thing.I go and take fotos and tomorrow i will send some sort of updates to speedwayzone.dk.I try to help out as much as possible.But a few years back i just went to the Danish Final without my camera and it is great.The best way to be at a meeting.But a lot of these things can't happen without those behind the scenes helpers.My Grandad was a St.Johns man at Plough Lane for many years.

But what i wanted to say was that i travel tomorrow not knowing the full line-up(Denmark is one of the worst countries for getting updated info.The line-up wasn't complete a few days ago and it is quite possible one or two riders have been injured in todays meetings.It is my choice though and if the meetings aren't good i can't really blame anyone.You take a chance with these things.I do tend to get more enjoyment out of the raw youngsters than i do from the top guys.The 80cc Euro Final is one of the meetings i am most looking forward to seeing this year

I agree with you.Just to go and watch the meeting a have a chat and a drink is the best thing.I go and take fotos and tomorrow i will send some sort of updates to speedwayzone.dk.I try to help out as much as possible.But a few years back i just went to the Danish Final without my camera and it is great.The best way to be at a meeting.But a lot of these things can't happen without those behind the scenes helpers.My Grandad was a St.Johns man at Plough Lane for many years.

But what i wanted to say was that i travel tomorrow not knowing the full line-up(Denmark is one of the worst countries for getting updated info.The line-up wasn't complete a few days ago and it is quite possible one or two riders have been injured in todays meetings.It is my choice though and if the meetings aren't good i can't really blame anyone.You take a chance with these things.I do tend to get more enjoyment out of the raw youngsters than i do from the top guys.The 80cc Euro Final is one of the meetings i am most looking forward to seeing this year

Love fest here!!! rolleyes.gif

I fully agree with you.

I will use Steve Shovlar as my example, not because of anything he has done wrong (this time), but because he is 100% Poole and is so totally blinkered that speedway is made up of his 7 riders and maybe the odd GP celebrity.

For me its about raw talent and watching them come on and progress.

I love Elite riding but I'm just as happy watching Premier and National.

We are all different, we are all entitled to our opinion and we are all entitled to go and watch whatever speedway we want to.

Its great to say, I remember when he came over for his 1st tour. And hopefully there may be one or two lads this year who I can say that for in the future!icon_lol.gif

Oh good, someone else "involved" in speedway. Once again though, being an integral part of "the show" somewhat colours your opinion. Still, being in the pits must have been exciting.

From the learning curve on dislpay last week, what could be expected would be most of the Activity Holidaymakers signing up to ride in the Amateur Meetings at (Say) Scunthorpe. Of course then they wouldn't need so much mothering & err tour infrastructure & "backroom crew" :blink:

Still, I'm sure it's been a nice holiday. :rofl:

My, your a cheerie little soul aint ya? :rolleyes:

I get it, you aint a fan of the tour.

Thankfully MANY are. Enough said.

Im sure it wont stop you pulling it apart further.

Im looking forward to seeing Dylan and Austin and the boys progress at the next opportunity. :drink:

Hello

Can anyone provide details from match Plymouth - USA? I would like to put them into my website. Thanks in advance!