British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Usa Touring Team 2011

Thanks Steve,

That should put everyone in the picture

So....pretty please with a cherry on top....Can we see the team at Swindon in 2011 ?

Ask that nice bloke Patchett at Dudley...Apparently, he gets on well with the Swindon promotion, and might be able to swing a visit from your boys to Wiltshire :lol:

"The reason we are touring so much is based on Kenny Ingalls and Tyson Burmeister's progress, it seems that those riders who could make it to PL level need three tours to get to that level."

Steve - whilst not wishing you to reveal anything untoward or anything that hasn't been agreed, do you think we are hopeful of seeing Tyson in the PL in 2011?

Having been involved with the Dream Team ( and the re-loaded version this year) since day 1 it has been a pleasure dealing with and helping the lads ( of all ages) . We have seen some raw and exciting talent on each and every tour ....some we have seen now in UK teams and some who we hopefully will see in the years to come along with some who must wish they had been able to come here a few years ago ( like Fast Eddie!!).

We have entertained fans throughout the country at a variety of tracks and hopefully in whatever guise the future American team comes will continue to do so.

I have had to take a more back seat role due to club and family commitments of late but hope to be involved still with any USA touring side in the years to come as well as helping and advising the lads who want to race in the UK.

Laurence Rogers

"The reason we are touring so much is based on Kenny Ingalls and Tyson Burmeister's progress, it seems that those riders who could make it to PL level need three tours to get to that level."

Steve - whilst not wishing you to reveal anything untoward or anything that hasn't been agreed, do you think we are hopeful of seeing Tyson in the PL in 2011?

I really hope so - there is interest now from at least half a dozen clubs but I think that once the conference is over the picture will become clear. Whilst Tyson is 26, he has made a rapid rise - 2nd in US Nationals behind Janniro just 2 years after stepping on a bike

Would love to race Swindon! Gary P has been an immense help to us.

And Laurence - your input and work with the riders is a HUGE part of all we have achieved.

Glad to hear that the Americans are coming back in 2011. Two guys that i would like to see come back over are Austin Novratil and Gino Manzares. They were both excellent for their age when they came over last season. How have they progressed this year in the states?

Austin has had an excellent year, though his progress was slowed when a few tracks wouldn't let him at first race with the fast guys because he is only 15. At Victorville, where, despite some noise from a few, I let him (per AMA rulebook) ride a 500cc bike at 14, he was 2nd in the Track Championship, ahead of the likes of Jimmy Fishback, Buck Blair and Mike Faria. He also came 2nd at Perris last weekend behind Billy Janniro and has a great future.

Gino spent most of the year in the UK and has ridden in a handful of meetings only and I was only present at one so I can't accurately comment but no doubt time in the UK did him good.

Rider requests? Well you asked, how about a septet that includes Eddie (be hard to imagine a tour without him), Tyson (assuming he is not a PL rider), Austin, Gino and Bryce to name but five!?

Not sure how feasible that might be Steve but be good PR material perhaps?

Rgds

A

One word - Boogaloo

Boogaloo at monmore against the mighty heathens would be magic and a big crowd puller!!!

Thats a +1 for Boogaloo....

If you cant get Boogaloo over, Bobby Schwartz would be a VERY close replacement ! :lol: