British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Usa Touring Team 2011

Steve,

Xmas crawl - best bit of news this week.

Get Superguest to let me know the details!

Will Santa or T.N.T. turn up? - Are they both real????

Lefty

I still believe in Santa but....

In America we run a kind of race called 'Last Man Out'

This could be last man (or woman) standing!

We have our full schedule agreed at this point. As stated on their website we race the Dudley Heathens on April 12th at Monmore Green. As a Wolves fan for 25 years, this one will do nicely - looking to a repeat of last year!

Steve - if you have the schedule agreed, are you not able to publish a list of venues and dates?

Rgds

A

From the American speedway discussion group:

The schedule is;

April 7th TBA

April 9th - Rye House Cobra's

April 10th - Newcastle Versus 'Team Viking' (Scandanavian Dream Team)

April 12th - Dudley Heathens (at Wolverhampton)

April 15th - Lakeside

April 16th - Stoke

April 17th TBA

Edited by arnieg

April 9th - Rye House Cobra's

:D

The schedule is;

April 9th - Rye House Cobra's :D

April 12th - Dudley Heathens (at Wolverhampton) :D:D:D

April 15th - Lakeside :D

Looks like it will be a good week for watching speedway I think I may book a week off work.

This is the planned schedule, pencil it in but remember things do change according to elements beyond our control.

But hopefully its all good.biggrin.gif

I know many fans will be disappointed that we cant get to their track, but Im rather grateful that the mileage will be coming down a fair bit this year and the days off work minimum - these tours are hard work but so worth doing.

No doubt Mr Evans will make the next tour Edinburgh then Isle of Wight then Glasgow etc etc!!!!biggrin.gif

April 16 @ Stoke......I just hope that is not the night Leicester decide to open !!!!

The American Touring Team is very pleased to announce the appointment of Andrew Hale as its UK Manager. Mr Hale came on board for the last tour as team sponsor, under the Penhall Museum banner. However it soon became clear that he was much more than that - his hands on approach and positive attitude made him a huge asset on the most successful and well received tour to date which took in 3 Elite League venues and raced 2 events at Premier League Level.

Steve Evans, Promoter of the ATT says, "In the last 6 months things have exploded as regards The Touring Team. No longer do we tour, take a breather and then start over - its become a year round activity with a hugely increased workload as we keep fine tuning the product of the last 6 years. I have always felt we needed someone to take charge of the UK end of the business as it is difficult to do so from my California base. Andrew has the same purpose and commitment as myself as far as returning the USA to the top Internationally. We work great together and by having him even more on board I am sure 2011 will be a whole new level of growth for us."

Hale is relishing his newly expanded role, though Evans is quick to point out that the large band of UK helpers who take care of many aspects of the tour workload will pretty much remain in place.

The American Touring Team will hit the UK early April for its 7th tour and will race in 6 events, including a showpiece event on April 12th Vs the world famous Dudley Heathens at Monmore Green Stadium, Wolverhampton.

Just seen on the ATT facebook page that they will be in Birmingham on 7th of April taking on the Birmingham Bulls.

Correct. With races down for Birmingham, Wolves and Stoke our hard suffering van and bus drivers will have an easier time this time around!! Thanks to Graham Drury and Tony Mole for having us.