British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Is Your Team Running

So what about, for my pure indulgence...

Buxton

Coventry

Dudley

Isle of Wight

Kings Lynn

Mildenhall

Newport

Peterborough

Plymouth

Rye House

Scunthorpe

Sittingbourne

Stoke

Looks good to me! You can keep your boring loss-making Elite League :lol:

yep ... reckon you will get ten of those ... am happy with that !

Looks like we have lost Plymouth, and good luck to them deservedly appear to have been offered that PL place, unless they still run a NL Team :wink:

I note that Plymouth's acceptance into the PL comes with the carefully added clause of being subject to an inspection of track and facilities. Could this be enough to turn down their application?

As for Coventry and Peterborough I am merely offering wild speculation and would still be surprised to see either in the NL. We heard lots about Sittingbourne getting permission for next year but nothing recently about them being in any league, so thought NL may be the only possibility for 2011.

I would hope these are definites, to make eight. Two more from the other possibles would be great to get up to ten.

Buxton

Dudley

Isle of Wight

Kings Lynn

Newport

Rye House

Scunthorpe

Stoke

So what about, for my pure indulgence...

Buxton

Coventry

Dudley

Isle of Wight

Kings Lynn

Mildenhall

Newport

Peterborough

Plymouth

Rye House

Scunthorpe

Sittingbourne

Stoke

Looks good to me! You can keep your boring loss-making Elite League :lol:

Hopefully one day Long Eaton will be there to. I do hope so

Best of Luck to the invaders

The scheduled meeting of potential National League promoters has been postponed from this Wednesday December 8th to Monday January 10th 2011. This will allow more time for clubs to make a decision on whether they are going to take part.

Commented Newport co-promoter Steve Mallett: 'I am going to wait and see what develops on that day before giving a commitment.'

Edited by Diesel

Looks like we can add Belle Vue to the sides intending to run in 2011.

Odds on that it wil be a ten team league, i.e.

Belle Vue

Buxton

Dudley

Isle of Wight

Kings Lynn

Mildenhall

Newport

Rye House

Scunthorpe

Stoke

Any idea when the NL meeting will take place ? I've lost track of all the postponements :rolleyes: !

Belle Vue

Buxton

Dudley

Isle of Wight

Kings Lynn

Mildenhall

Newport

Rye House

Scunthorpe

Stoke

Any idea when the NL meeting will take place ? I've lost track of all the postponements :rolleyes: !

Odds on more than ten!!!! :approve:

Birmingham have been talking about running some NL challenge matches in blank dates (only 8 teams in EL :angry: ) using B'ham assets. Having seen the Dudley matches at Perry Barr last year I am looking forward to that if it happens.

Hope you are referring to Sittingbourne. Although based in Kent (Near Tunbridge Wells) it has always been quicker to get to Arlington than Canterbury, hence my allegiance. However I have been getting more an more bored with the Elite League over the past few years, and the recent goings on have made me decide to give it a miss for a while. If it goes ahead I shall definitely be there, even if they are called the Crusaders. :D

Edited by Hebbs

Belle Vue

Buxton

Dudley

Isle of Wight

Kings Lynn

Mildenhall

Newport

Rye House

Scunthorpe

Stoke

25th of January I heard.

What about Weymouth any chance they might run? I presume Plymouth wont run in both leagues?

Hope you are referring to Sittingbourne. Although based in Kent (Near Tunbridge Wells) it has always been quicker to get to Arlington than Canterbury, hence my allegiance. However I have been getting more an more bored with the Elite League over the past few years, and the recent goings on have made me decide to give it a miss for a while. If it goes ahead I shall definitely be there, even if they are called the Crusaders. :D

David Crane indicates that Sittingbourne are in the NL on the Mildenhall website :approve:

25th of January I heard.

What about Weymouth any chance they might run? I presume Plymouth wont run in both leagues?

Speedy Star indicates two interested parties at Weymouth but this is subject to a reduction in the astonishing rent that is charged for the Wessex stadium - over a year, its higher than Poole's :o:(

Unbelievable! And what do they get for that rent? Not much as far as I could see when I was last there

I would go for more than ten, 1 of either Sittingbourne or Weymouth, plus i would think possibly Plymouth, and maybe a Surprise application :wink: .