Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Issue 41

Issue 41 has just gone to press and should be mailed out to all subscribers by next Wednesday-ish.

Contents include:

John Berry's Top 20 Brits of the 80s (who DID get top spot?)

New interviews with:

PETER ADAMS

COLIN TUCKER

STEVE FINCH

JIRI STANCL

NIGEL FLATMAN

JOHN HACK

RAY WILSON

Plus a 3-page feature by Richard Bott... time to RESPECT Bradford's Odsal, the track that gave us one of the most entertaining World Finals ever in 1990 and also a more than half decent one in 1985.

You can subscribe for just £17.50 a year in the UK at http://www.retro-speedway.com

Edited by tmc

I realise that the appalling recent weather (together with problems at Royal Mail) may well have put the despatch/delivery of the latest issue of Backtrack back by some days, but just wondered if you can confirm if the issues have been sent out as mine hasn't arrived yet. Thanks.

Another super read. I particularly liked the pieces on Colin Tucker and John Hack. :approve::approve:

Looking forward to Issue 42 - can't wait!!! :approve::approve::approve:

Yet another cracking issue from start to finish, i thoroughly enjoyed reading all of it, but John Hack's article made me wince a bit reading about his operations after his accident....and he still wishes he could do it all again when watching on tv nowadays, amazing! These guys who throw their leg over a speedway bike for our entertainment (and their quest to be a top star) really are a different breed....and heroes to us into the bargain!

Plus, as a wee sidenote, given all the delays with subscriptions for the Star being late with weather and post problems the last few weeks.......i normally buy my Backtrack at Armadale when i pop up now and again, but ordered this one online last weekend on Ebay as the season is over, and it arrived in the post on Christmas Eve...looking like a magazine would in a big brown envelope, well done guys, top magazine, top postage/internet service! :approve:

John Hack had the potential to be an excellent NL rider. I can remember him becoming a favourite of mine during his short stint in the Stripes at the tail end of 1977 and being slightly disappointed when he didnt return the following season. I seem to recall a fellow Mancunian of Hack's turning up and getting the odd team appearance around about the same time, his name was Carl Clarke, but he disappeared off the radar :unsure:

Interesting interview with Steve Finch aswell and I was surprised that he never mentioned Glasgow's Blantyre One track as a favourite of his, because he was superb around that place and one of the very few riders of the era who actually seemed to enjoy his visits there, including a guest appearance in the Stripes.

Edited by mervjankefanclub